atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 32 000 years? That's a

32 000 years? That's a little too much. So it isn't that variety of fennel grown in the days of Roman Empire which was so good for contraception that they farmed it to extinction? Damn!!!

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote: 32 000

Luminon wrote:

32 000 years? That's a little too much. So it isn't that variety of fennel grown in the days of Roman Empire which was so good for contraception that they farmed it to extinction? Damn!!!

I agree, but considering that they are using the cells to help create it rather than the actual seed is seems a bit more reasonable. I find it difficult to imagine that even the cells would last that long.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I agree, but considering that they are using the cells to help create it rather than the actual seed is seems a bit more reasonable. I find it difficult to imagine that even the cells would last that long.

Right, that's almost unbelievable. AFAIK, DNA alone is good as a piece of criminal evidence only for 17 years. Within a cell it should last longer, but something tells me this is only possible through drying and freezing and because plant seeds don't contain much water anyway, so there's not much damage from freezing. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.