The Bullet Points

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Bullet Points

The complete text of my sig...

Christianity remains a disgusting perversion of the human psyche, a vile middle eastern blood cult born of human sacrifice with sacraments of vampirism and cannibalism and whose highest icon is the image of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture. Christianity replaces human ethics and morality with the absurd concept that wrong doing, guilt and the common faults all people share can be transferred like loose change to a third party, the reanimated corpse of the faux sacrifice, and that entry to the cosmic amusement park can be gained and damnation to an eternal torture chamber avoided by the expedient of planting ones lips on the celestial buttocks, often, and with gusto, (optional ball squeeze depending on denomination). The aforementioned ass kissing supplants the need to actually be a good human being, as the book assures us is impossible at any rate. This vapid superstition writ large has as it's endgame the horrible death of 3/4 of the human race followed by the pitiful remnants crawling from the rubble only to be ruled over by an undead Hebrew revanant, the remains of that long ago 'sacrifice'.

Any. Fucking. Questions?

LC

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Your comments have the same

Your comments have the same sentiment my brother shows towards religion in general.  I'm the one that likes to take arguments apart, he just thinks that people with religious beliefs are idiots.  We have discussions about how much energy to invest in attempting to break down arguments like the Ontological Argument, KCA or Transcendental Argument.  He's of the opinion that they're evidently flawed, he needs not dwell on it.  I enjoy the mental gymnastics.  Of course I share your opinion relative to organized religion, it is self evidently flawed and should be mocked and shown for what it is.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't get me wrong...

I enjoy dissecting the various apologetics for god in general, actually. This was in the vein of a minor rant because of an individual on another venue entirely, bleating over and over about the wonders of his savior...
My spin may not be complimentary in the above, but I would defy any christian to point out it's FACTUAL errors.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
My only question

My only question -  Come on now, wouldn't you like to sing a round of Kumbaya with me? It will make you feel better.

Seriously, it nails Christianity to the core, which is a far better argument than talking snakes/donkeys and bears eating children, not to say they don't have their place.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:he just thinks that

Quote:
he just thinks that people with religious beliefs are idiots.

You are talking about your brother, but "idiot" is not always out of line, even if aimed at an atheist.

If I call someone an "idiot", it is because they insist on their claims having taboo status. I am quite sure there is not ONE atheist here that does not have theist family and friends. And there are plenty of believers I find to be smart and educated. Theists have to be smart to come up with the elaborate arguments they attempt.

Only an idiot thinks a claim should not be questioned. Holding the claim is not the crime, the crime is expecting it to never be questioned. Our age of Enlightenment was due to people not being idiots and dared to question.

And anyone, including atheists who seek to set up their own utopia is an idiot. Life will never be perfect and at best we can only seek to find common law. Everyone reading this values their own civil rights. We also value the right to bitch. There will NEVER be a day when everyone likes everyone else and only says nice things. What we can do more of is agree that words are just that and what is more important than the blasphemy is the ability to see the other as human, outside any debate or blasphemy.

I think Luis is merely demonstrating that religion does not serve anyone well in this regard. It is inherently divisive precisely  because it is rooted in the gap of evolution in our very natural desire to be the alpha male. I think the more people who understand this gap and accept it as such, the more our species can get along and set the human condition as the priority rather than the religion.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog