Atheist raising money for Special Olympics

michaelpark
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheist raising money for Special Olympics

I am an atheist attempting to raise money for Special Olympics by participating in Over the Edge. If I raise $1000, I will be rappelling down the side of a 30 story building. I am asking the atheist community to support me, and to label their donations as being from atheists. You can read more about it here at the Friendly Atheist. Please help by giving whatever you can spare, and by passing the word to your friends. Thank you.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for posting this

Thanks for posting this and congratulations on raising the $1,000 for Special Olympics.  I made a story about it at http://www.atheistvolunteers.org/Michael_Park

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
TIMMY!    South Park joke

TIMMY!    South Park joke there.

But in all seriousness, great for you. And better you than me. I don't mind raising the money, but what you are doing to get it. MOMMY! I guess bake sales aren't enough these days.

What's next, swimming with great whites with meat as your ballast belt?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog