Volunteers Needed for Atheist 'Prayer' Experiment!!!!

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Volunteers Needed for Atheist 'Prayer' Experiment!!!!

Hi All,

This conversation from another thread was the catalist for the idea:

Sandycane wrote:
Tgbaker wrote:
Sandycane wrote:

I love your virtual 'live' avatar.

How are you feeling today? I hope you get to go home soon.

HEY! One of the theists posted about an aunt or someone who was in the hospital with cancer and she prayed it away! This is the perfect opportunity for you to do an experiment and see if it actually works!

Seriously, I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

Hi SandyCane.  I feel great. I did well through the first chemo. They are growing all the white cells etc.; back in me that they killed with the chemo.  Then I get another bone marrow biopsy.  The only problem I have had was a reaction to an anti-biotic which has left me itching from head to toe.  Thus a topical steroid.  I am here at least another 4 to 6 weeks.  I miss not being able to hold my 2 year old.  I think we should create an objective experiment to determine whether atheistic prayers may have a "law of attraction effect" that surpasses those of the Christian, Jew and Muslim.  The reasoning is that the universe is pissed that people do not see it as supreme and give credit to a non-exstent force of deity. Mother nature is amazed that so many people worship the unnatural.  We atheist do not pray on the other hand because of our response to theism.  So I in the name of the natural petition all atheists to pray for me, my bank account and libido.  We need a time frame whch will begin 12 noon tomorrow Eastern time.  You game? 

Thanks for the hope 

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!

I'M GOING TO COPY THIS TO A NEW THREAD AND GET EVERYONE ON BOARD!!!

So, all volunteers 'sign up' here (so we know how many are participating) and lets do a scientific experiment to see if the good thoughts and love for fellow beings are just as noble as those of the theists - without the involvement of a delusional deity.

Everyone, at Noon Eastern time, for a minimum of one minute, longer if you have the time, simply stop what you are doing and think happy thoughts and a picture of health and full recovery for our dear member, TGBaker.

I don't think we should have a deadline but, since he will be in the hospital for another 4-6 weeks we should continue at least until May 15.

Who's with us?

Mark your calendars and lets cure TGBaker... and kick some theist butt!!!

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm in, too.That would be 5

Laughing out loud I'm in, too.
That would be 5 PM at the GMT+1 time zone, right?

We might want TGBaker to note how good he feels every hour, and see if he feels better when we pray (of course, if it doesn't we can always state that God (or whomever) might have helped him BEFORE we prayed, because he's outside of time).
But then he mustn't know of our plan to pray for him...

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote: I'm in,

Thunderios wrote:

We might want TGBaker to note how good he feels every hour, and see if he feels better when we pray (of course, if it doesn't we can always state that God (or whomever) might have helped him BEFORE we prayed, because he's outside of time).

I was thinking the same thing...TG, if you're up to it, let us know if you notice any sort of effect of our 'prayers'. Okay? Like, visions, tingling sensation, voices or images, etc... 

As to the time, I'm in middle TN so noon Eastern time would be 11am here... don't know where you are.

It would be great if people could post this link on their facebook and blog pages, too!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 A couple of hours from

A couple of hours from now. I am on it.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: I was

Sandycane wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...TG, if you're up to it, let us know if you notice any sort of effect of our 'prayers'. Okay? Like, visions, tingling sensation, voices or images, etc... 

If we send him some strippers in some naughty nurses outfits, I'm sure he'll report all sorts of sensations...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 Yah, and we can also send

Yah, and we can also send him a couple of cases of beer as well.

The only thing being that FSM supposedly has a stripper factory and a beer volcano.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Sandycane

redneF wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

If we send him some strippers in some naughty nurses outfits, I'm sure he'll report all sorts of sensations...

One track mind - You!

So, are you on board with us? If so, that makes 4 so far.  But, we can do better than just 4!

So, TG. Did you notice anything?

At exactly 11am, for 10 minutes, I employed some of my meditation techniques and visualized you, lying in your hospital bed, surrounded by a warm, golden light energy field that also permeated your body. You had a peaceful smile on your face.

At one point, the words 'than you' popped into my head. Was that you or just my imagination?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:One track

Sandycane wrote:

One track mind - You!  

Guilty as charged, with a fistful of dollar bills...

Sandycane wrote:
So, are you on board with us? 

Of course. TG is my brother from a different mother.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Thunderios

Sandycane wrote:

Thunderios wrote:

As to the time, I'm in middle TN so noon Eastern time would be 11am here... don't know where you are.

It would be great if people could post this link on their facebook and blog pages, too!

PS: here's a picture of TG for you to focus on durring your 'prayer'.

That shoud get you motivated!!!

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Count me in! mr. O  

Count me in!

mr. O

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline

redneF wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

One track mind - You!  

Guilty as charged, with a fistful of dollar bills...

Sandycane wrote:
So, are you on board with us? 

Of course. TG is my brother from a different mother.

Excellent!

This is for you, TG:

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:Count me

mrOriginal wrote:

Count me in!

mr. O

Great! We're getting better response than the forum donation drive!

I'll make a list and add to it as we go...

Sandycane

Thunderios

redneF

AIG

Mr.O

Woo-hoo!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 Well, if we are going to

Well, if we are going to experiment, then we should have a control sample. I submit the item that I am looking at on ebay right now.

Someone has a huge proxy bid in because I was instantly outbid twice. The only way that this is mine is if I do a last few seconds snipe. Even then, probably not. A couple of years ago, it used to take them like 15 seconds to process a bid but from what I have seen recently, they now have enough hardware to deal with snipers.

Still, everyone has a bit over seven hours to pray for me. Since this is somewhat less probable that TGB having a spontaneous remission, the exercise should have some value.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:redneF

Sandycane wrote:

redneF wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

One track mind - You!

So, are you on board with us? If so, that makes 4 so far.  But, we can do better than just 4!

So, TG. Did you notice anything?

At exactly 11am, for 10 minutes, I employed some of my meditation techniques and visualized you, lying in your hospital bed, surrounded by a warm, golden light energy field that also permeated your body. You had a peaceful smile on your face.

At one point, the words 'than you' popped into my head. Was that you or just my imagination?

OK I did not know you were gonna do this today and was expecting tomorrow but my doctor stopped me while I was doing my mile walk around the floor (12 laps = mile). He said that my wjhite cells are completely restored and he does not know what that means but if I do not haver a fever I can go hime tomorrow!!!! And be treated for a little while as out patient.  I will need to come back Thursday or Friday for a bone marrow biopsy through the hip....hurts like hell. Yesterday I was toldat least 4 more weeks. So you dudes are freaky

Of course I am a sceptic... But then I am a very happy one.What the hell do you think about that.  I am not shitting you guys and am a bit freaked as well. The doctor did say the unusual growth of the white cells could be from a previously earlier chronic stage of the acute leukemia ( I have Philadelphia cells ) but are immediately helpful if not in the long run need to be killed. They will need to run another set of labs tonight. SO if the cells are still good and i HAVE NO FEVER AND MY ALLERGIC REACTION TO AN ANTIBIOTIC DOES NOT WORSEN THEN i WILL BE HOME TOMORROW NIGHT. PRAISE THE VOID OF PURE EXISTENCE......Atheistic prayers who woulda thought. Thank ya SandycaneTime was around 11:30 -12

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:OK I did not

TGBaker wrote:

OK I did not know you were gonna do this today and was expecting tomorrow but my doctor stopped me while I was doing my mile walk around the floor (12 laps = mile). He said that my wjhite cells are completely restored and he does not know what that means but if I do not haver a fever I can go hime tomorrow!!!! And be treated for a little while as out patient.  I will need to come back Thursday or Friday for a bone marrow biopsy through the hip....hurts like hell. Yesterday I was toldat least 4 more weeks. So you dudes are freaky

Of course I am a sceptic... But then I am a very happy one.What the hell do you think about that.  

Hehe,... strippers.

That's what I was picturing.

Works every time.

Gotta luv 'em...

Stand at attention, Soldier!

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:TGBaker

redneF wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Of course I am a sceptic... But then I am a very happy one.What the hell do you think about that.  

Hehe,... strippers.

That's what I was picturing.

Works every time.

Gotta luv 'em...

Stand at attention, Soldier!

Thank you bro....can I have another

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: Thank you

TGBaker wrote:

It's Miller time!

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:TGBaker

redneF wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

It's Miller time!

I feel like I am already cured. Thank you redneF. May thy strat and tele comfort you. I do like the Red Cross

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: OK I did not

TGBaker wrote:

Of course I am a sceptic... But then I am a very happy one.What the hell do you think about that.  I am not shitting you guys and am a bit freaked as well. The doctor did say the unusual growth of the white cells could be from a previously earlier chronic stage of the acute leukemia ( I have Philadelphia cells ) but are immediately helpful if not in the long run need to be killed. They will need to run another set of labs tonight. SO if the cells are still good and i HAVE NO FEVER AND MY ALLERGIC REACTION TO AN ANTIBIOTIC DOES NOT WORSEN THEN i WILL BE HOME TOMORROW NIGHT. PRAISE THE VOID OF PURE EXISTENCE......Atheistic prayers who woulda thought. Thank ya SandycaneTime was around 11:30 -12

Woo-hoo!!

Hey, if the christians can take credit for christ on toast, we can take credit for your good news!!

I'll keep up with the noon vigil until May 15, as planned.

I've got to go now, we are about to be slammed with severe thunder storms. Send some good thoughts my way, okay? 

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:TGBaker

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Woo-hoo!!

Hey, if the christians can take credit for christ on toast, we can take credit for your good news!!

I've got to go now, we are about to be slammed with severe thunder storms. Send some good thoughts my way, okay? 

They are coming our way too. I'm at Northside hospital in Atlanta. What part of middle Tennessee are you?  I'm originally from Mempphis.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Woo-hoo!!

They are coming our way too. I'm at Northside hospital in Atlanta. What part of middle Tennessee are you?  I'm originally from Mempphis.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Sandycane wrote:

Woo-hoo!!

I'm pretty sure a christian would still take credit for this. they'd be like "I secretly prayed to jesus for his recovery and it worked, told ya!!"

Quote:

It sure is storming today. I'm near antioch.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Sandycane

Ciarin wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Woo-hoo!!

I'm pretty sure a christian would still take credit for this. they'd be like "I secretly prayed to jesus for his recovery and it worked, told ya!!"

Quote:

wELL YOU GOT A POINT. tHERE IS A WHOLE CHAIN FROM MINISTERS WHO KNOW ME from MY MINISTRY PERIOD. 

bUT THEN WE HAVE SPECIFIC INTENT AND TIMES...OOPS SORRY CAPS LOCK...TOO LAZY TO CORRECT. 

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:OOPS SORRY

TGBaker wrote:
OOPS SORRY CAPS LOCK...TOO LAZY TO CORRECT. 

lol

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Sandycane

Ciarin wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Woo-hoo!!

Well, did you pray to Odin?

In any case, it seems to have worked.  Now everyone get busy on winning me a synthesizer on ebay.  The auction drops at about quarter to ten EDT.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
quote fail

quote fail

edit: aww you fixed it.

No i didn't pray to odin.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:It sure is

Ciarin wrote:

Antioch, TN? My daughter and her family are in Murfreesboro and I'm in Warren county.

The worst of it has passed through - lot's of trees down in town 10 miles north of us but, nothing here. Phew! .... or, I should say, thanks to all the good thoughts directed from TG! Praise TG!

Unfortunately, all that mess is about to go through Atlanta... good thoughts back at 'cha, TG!

I hope the test results tonight are good!!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 OK, less than an hour to

OK, less than an hour to go and I was outbid by the exact amount that I bid. That tells me that I hit the previous proxy bid. And the guy has no clue.

If the price does not change, then I can do a last second job ant it is mine. Keep praying and I will get it.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, less than an hour to go and I was outbid by the exact amount that I bid. That tells me that I hit the previous proxy bid. And the guy has no clue.

If the price does not change, then I can do a last second job ant it is mine. Keep praying and I will get it.

Oh, all right, I'll pray for your guitar... sorry, I mean synthesizer. What do I get if you win?

Exactly what time does the auction end, (central) Tennessee time?

Oh, and I think it might help if you posted a picture of what we're praying for.

Are you bidding on the one with 32 bidds??? Good luck.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Half an hour and no that is

Half an hour and no that is not it.

Here is a pic of the not guitar:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Looks impressive...

Looks impressive...

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sending atheistic prayers

Sending atheistic prayers for your synth.....

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Lost it.  But the price was

Lost it.  But the price was getting over the top anyway.  Since prayer logic is flexible, none of you wanted me to spend that money anyway.  Which frees up cash for telescope stuff.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Lost it.  But the price was getting over the top anyway.  Since prayer logic is flexible, none of you wanted me to spend that money anyway.  Which frees up cash for telescope stuff.

So, you wanted it but, at some point in time you stopped wanting it? Well, that explains why you lost it.

And here I was, ready to blame myself if you didn't win because my heart just wasn't in it.... I mean, come on: Praying to cure cancer vs. praying to win the high bid on a gu...I mean synthesizer? It was very difficult to visualize a golden glow of energy around you and a synthesizer.  I don't even know what you look like - I had to visualize you as your avatar.

Sorry you lost but, you didn't want it that bad, did you?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: It was

Sandycane wrote:

It was very difficult to visualize a golden glow of energy around you and a synthesizer.  

You weren't doing it right...

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline

redneF wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

It was very difficult to visualize a golden glow of energy around you and a synthesizer.  

You weren't doing it right...

Where were you an hour ago??? I could have used that image!

Doesn't matter - he really wanted the telescope instead.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Where were

Sandycane wrote:

Where were you an hour ago???

Bashing on some haters...

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline

redneF wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Where were you an hour ago???

Bashing on some haters...

Carry on, soldier.

PS: That girl in the picture you posted looks like the offspring of the Predator and Dolly Parton.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: OK I did not

TGBaker wrote:

Soooo...What's the verdict, do you get to go home today???

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Soooo...What's the verdict, do you get to go home today???

Waiting on the doctor no fever, labs good.... The doctor is a noonish type guy.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Waiting on the

TGBaker wrote:

Sounds good! Noon (11, my time) is good for me, 'see' you then.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

I'll keep you guys posted.  I hate waiting,

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been wondering what you

I've been wondering what you guys think about non deistic supernatural? I mean is this thread a real go at that, or sarcasm?

I will tell you this, I am a lot more open to the idea of ESP and "positive energy" (whatever positive means relatively, and whatever energy means scientifically), than I am to the idea of a giant paternal genie on a cloud randomly granting wishes.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 OK, I will let everyone

OK, I will let everyone speak for themselves as far as intent. However, I really don't see any point in coming up with an idea of the supernatural at all. If a thing is casually connected to reality, then it is part of nature. We may not know how everything works but there really isn't any room for something to be both outside of nature and connected to it.

A great example is right here. Sometimes leukemia goes away. The effect does not occur with any predictive power, so it is not well understood. However, it does seem to occur after a patient runs a fever, which TG has alluded to in his case. So I don't think that we have established anything not already known in this thread.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

OK, I will let everyone speak for themselves as far as intent. However, I really don't see any point in coming up with an idea of the supernatural at all. If a thing is casually connected to reality, then it is part of nature. We may not know how everything works but there really isn't any room for something to be both outside of nature and connected to it.

A great example is right here. Sometimes leukemia goes away. The effect does not occur with any predictive power, so it is not well understood. However, it does seem to occur after a patient runs a fever, which TG has alluded to in his case. So I don't think that we have established anything not already known in this thread.

Good answer, thank you. Yes, the semantics of the Super natural. But beyond that, at the very least the psychological effects of positive energy on the general health of individuals, right? I'm not talking about the psychological concept of "magic thinking" wherein people only regard things that support their belief. I don't mean to go outside the bounds of scientific reality. But I wonder if some of the "super" natural things can be duplicated in clinical observation, and are explainable? Ghosts for example. The idea of ghosts is almost more common than the concept of God, and unless I miss my guess, probably based around the same reasons. In fact, I am much more likely to believe in ghosts than I am God.

Which is what I am asking. Any of you believe, or had experiences with ghosts? or ESP? and why are these notions so prevalent?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:I've

beardedinlair wrote:

I've been wondering what you guys think about non deistic supernatural? I mean is this thread a real go at that, or sarcasm?

I will tell you this, I am a lot more open to the idea of ESP and "positive energy" (whatever positive means relatively, and whatever energy means scientifically), than I am to the idea of a giant paternal genie on a cloud randomly granting wishes.

I think I speak for all the atheists here when I say we don't believe in the 'supernatural'... meaning something beyond a natural existence. I think there are many natural occurrences that have yet to be explained by science, though.

Take this thread, no it's not meant to be sarcastic. I honestly wanted to get everyone 'praying' for TG in the hope that the act would have a positive effect on his health - AND IT APPEARS TO HAVE DONE SO.

One day, the Dr. tells him he will have to stay in the hospital for another 4-6 weeks and the next day, after our group prayer, he is told he can go home today.

I don't call that a miracle and it may have been a coincidence or the result of some prior medical treatment but, the fact remains - he was much better after the prayer treatment.

The power of the mind has not been fully explored or, explained as yet and I believe that all of the positive credit given to an imaginary god is actually owed to a natural force.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Waiting on the doctor no fever, labs good.... The doctome. I am in room 463 at Northside Arlabtar is a noonish type guy.

3  pm I have a fever so they will be keeping me. I'm at room 463 Northside Hospital Atlanta if ya get bored or if redneF wants to send a stripper o gram   They won;t give me Dewar's Scotch either

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Sandycane wrote:

beardedinlair wrote:

I think I speak for all the atheists here when I say we don't believe in the 'supernatural'... meaning something beyond a natural existence. I think there are many natural occurrences that have yet to be explained by science, though.

Take this thread, no it's not meant to be sarcastic. I honestly wanted to get everyone 'praying' for TG in the hope that the act would have a positive effect on his health - AND IT APPEARS TO HAVE DONE SO.

I can be about as black and white on things as anyone I've ever met. However, I'm open minded enough to speculate on how a person can be affected by others, or how where their spiritual 'center' happens to be in instances like these. It's very possible that the combination of other people, and the person's own 'centering' can have some strong influence on their physiology.

It's been written about a number of times, that it appears that up to 85% of illnesses are thought to be strongly linked to stress being a major factor.

On the topic of positive thinking, however, I heard a long radio interview with author Barbara Ehrenreich, on her book called 'Bright Sided', where she tried to study whether or not the often recommended "Positive Thinking' advice might actually turn out to be for the worse.

http://thesituationist.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/barbara-ehrenreich-a-situationist/

She outlined some interesting studies. Not that I think it proves anything conclusively, but, I'm not one of those people who puts 'faith' into positive thinking, like the type who buy into the whole "The Secret' stuff.

I can't deal with those kinds of people.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote: 3  pm I

TGBaker wrote:

3  pm I have a fever so they will be keeping me. I'm at room 463 Northside Hospital Atlanta if ya get bored or if redneF wants to send a stripper o gram   They won;t give me Dewar's Scotch either

Non-stripper nurses are such downers. I'll bet a stripper nurse would bring you a scotch (for the right price). Hope they will let you out tomorrow. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Sandycane

TGBaker wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Waiting on the doctor no fever, labs good.... The doctome. I am in room 463 at Northside Arlabtar is a noonish type guy.

Well, what can you expect from a bunch of damn heathern atheists...a miracle???

I'm sorry they wouldn't let you go today but, as Mom used to say, 'It's for your own good.'

Hoping for tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you at noon.

PS: Forget about the damn strippers! That's probably what brought on the fever!!!

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:I can be about

redneF wrote:

I can be about as black and white on things as anyone I've ever met. However, I'm open minded enough to speculate on how a person can be affected by others, or how where their spiritual 'center' happens to be in instances like these. It's very possible that the combination of other people, and the person's own 'centering' can have some strong influence on their physiology.

It's been written about a number of times, that it appears that up to 85% of illnesses are thought to be strongly linked to stress being a major factor.

On the topic of positive thinking, however, I heard a long radio interview with author Barbara Ehrenreich, on her book called 'Bright Sided', where she tried to study whether or not the often recommended "Positive Thinking' advice might actually turn out to be for the worse.

http://thesituationist.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/barbara-ehrenreich-a-situationist/

She outlined some interesting studies. Not that I think it proves anything conclusively, but, I'm not one of those people who puts 'faith' into positive thinking, like the type who buy into the whole "The Secret' stuff.

I can't deal with those kinds of people.

OMGosh, I feel the same way (even though I am all for sending positive energy out to someone who needs it - I don't have 'faith' that it always works) ... God, unlike my mother and half-sister. My sister gave me that video 'The Secret' and I watched it and I gave it a shot for about a month - pure BS, imo.

I think it is true though that a positive attitude works wonders on physical health and being negative and depressed can make you physically ill... but, that has nothing to do with any supernatural power. It all has to do with your state of mind and that, too, can be affected by what others say to you and think of you... but, only if you let it.

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.