They will not win

Women have voices

And your old ways

Will not be tolerated

She always has

A mighty right cross

Truth is her fist

MUHAMMAD GOES DOWN!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
That one really got to me,

That one really got to me, Brian. Congrats.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
BobSpence1 wrote:That one

BobSpence1 wrote:

That one really got to me, Brian. Congrats.

I am glad it got to you, but can you correct my spelling. I have a tendency to hit submit out of fear of losing the poem.

Thanks BTW,

I really could have used her in high school when the jocks picked on me.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline

And the spelling looks fine to me.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: MUHAMMAD GOES DOWN !

For the Count !  Well, we can dream. Religion is truly sick , it should be abolished.  

Signature ? How ?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: MUHAMMAD GOES DOWN !

For the Count !  Well, we can dream. Religion is truly sick , it should be abolished.  

Signature ? How ?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
That was fantastic Brian, my

That was fantastic Brian, my favorite so far!  It got me emotionally in a way most poetry doesn't manage.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Ken G. wrote:      For

Ken G. wrote:

Way to look like the Stalinists Christians falsely accuse us of wanting. "abolished" HOW?

The only pragmatic thing humans can do is knock all attempts at monopolies of power off their pedestal. Only a Jeffersonian approach of blasphemy and appeal to reason can be the tactic. "Abolish" implies force. The attempt at "force" on 9/11 by the fans of Islam didn't work on the west and we did not submit to Allah as a result.

I agree that religion is not needed to live life, but there are 7 billion people on this planet and there is no such thing as a utopia. All you can do is minimize harm by insisting on the ability to openly criticize all claims with the human empathy that no one should be harmed as a result of dissent.

The current state of Islam has to update the current trend towards pluralism. But to "abolish" any label is irrational because there will always be irrational people, no matter the future. All you can do is set up  checks and balances to prevent monopolies of power.

This poem is a "fuck you" to Islamic men and their childish insecurity of treating women like property. I WILL NOT back off that.

But I am not delusional in thinking ANY or all religion will be wiped out by force. This "fuck you" is a challenge to them to get with the times.

TO ISLAMIC MEN, your penis will not fall off if a woman thinks for themeselves.  The west has lived with pluralism for hundreds of years now and you can too. The only thing keeping you from the future is your own fear and the fear sold by your respective governments.

GROW THE FUCK UP ISLAMIC MEN, women are not property. Stop treating them as such.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I am always surprised at

I am always surprised at what people like. I don't consider this one my best and the ones I like others might not.

That is why I simply write and sometimes I hit and sometimes I miss.

But this is one of the few on this site that has gotten any comments at all.

I wrote this because of Ayaan. I wish I had a fraction of her bravery in my pinky. I'm simply tired of gender roles and I think not only is a human rights issue, I wrote this as much for the idea that it is OK for men to look to women as being their "heros".

She shouldn't just be an inspiration to Muslim women, but an inspiration to all of humanity. When I look at any movement that has a positive trend towards more pluralism, what gets lost is that the label is mistaken as the reason for the movement, and not the real reason for the movement in that a human simply saying, "please stop hurting me, I simply want to live my life".

Ayaan is my hero and I cry every time I think about her standing up, not just for women, but for reason.

NOW YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME TEARS............YOU ASSHOLES! I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW DAMN YOU!

The only label that should be put on a movement is that which drives towards pluralism under the label "INDIVIDUAL".

Ayaan went through what blacks and women went through and what gays are going through now and atheist too boot. She is a hero, not because she is an atheist, anymore than King or X or Gahndi are heros because of their label. They are all heros to all of humanity because they all state a very basic human empathy, "I just want to live my life without fear".

I LOVE YOU AYAAN!

(Note to self; Quite crying and go bbq a kitten)