Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:No to

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No to all three [sex,solo, and drugs]

Sounds like a boring weekend....

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meh.

People have their little ups and downs.

Welcome back, Captain.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Sandycane

Kapkao wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

cj wrote:

I never could figure out how anyone could use one of those things and actually get anywhere with it.  I mean, laughing so hard you pee your pants doesn't bring most people to orgasm.  Usually everything deflates when you laugh that much.

cj?!  I think having your pants on while attempting orgasm could be the problem.

yeah, I deserved that.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:No to

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No to all three [sex,solo, and drugs]

lemme guess, you drank brandy while discussing feuerbach with your latest frustrated (yet tenacious) male "buddy," as bach's second brandenburg concerto played softly on the gramophone.

meanwhile, i was in a dive gulping down cheap beer and watching an old kiss concert dvd with my friend and bandmate.

oops, i probably shouldn't even have spoken.  forgive the impertinence, your ladyship.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Disorder

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
RatDog wrote:
my problem with social anxiety disorder
My girl friend has social anxiety disorder and I suffer from avoidant personality disorder

I sometimes suffer from anti-disorder disorder. I also am prone to hypochondriac-over-medicated disorder.

In the end though, I'm just a slave to my need-a-disorder disorder.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 well lets see, if you did

well lets see, if you did something other than drink and it was't solo, drugs or sex, then either fighting (We'll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight hey!!) calling up an ex in the middle of the night, seeing your an anime lover (well sailor moon fan) watched various episodes of sailor moon, eat WAAAAAAAAAY to much, or simply got on too these boards and typed away. Or sobed the night away trying to drowns your sorrows but the little suckers learned how to swim.

I however spend the night at a santa pub crawl with friends, crashed a house party and enjoyed till the sun rose early in the morning...well it was nearly 7:30am however it was an amazing night, new friends, tasted new food, and of course enjoyed the night greatly. Laughing out loud

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote: well

latincanuck wrote:

well lets see, if you did something other than drink and it was't solo, drugs or sex, then either fighting (We'll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight hey!!) calling up an ex in the middle of the night, seeing your an anime lover (well sailor moon fan) watched various episodes of sailor moon, eat WAAAAAAAAAY to much, or simply got on too these boards and typed away. Or sobed the night away trying to drowns your sorrows but the little suckers learned how to swim.

I love this!! I imagine little sorrows swimming in a strawberry vodka slushie and having a big time.

Quote:
I however spend the night at a santa pub crawl with friends, crashed a house party and enjoyed till the sun rose early in the morning...well it was nearly 7:30am however it was an amazing night, new friends, tasted new food, and of course enjoyed the night greatly. Laughing out loud

You're such a party animal!!! I remember those days well.

...well, some of them, anyway.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Quote:I

Sandycane wrote:

Quote:

You're such a party animal!!! I remember those days well.

...well, some of them, anyway.

yeah, me too.  i recall many nights cruising up to the university of kentucky campus in lexington with a buddy of mine to crash every party on fraternity row.  the whole street smelled like beer and we never knew a damn person, but that never stopped at least one guy from somehow recognizing us as aquiantances.

one year around christmas we cruised up there with great expectations, only to find the row dark and peaceful.  i was already high as a kite on bushmill's and so fucking enraged with disappointment i took my friends CO2 pellet gun out of the backseat and blew a few holes in a big inflatable santa one of the frat houses had on their front lawn.  needless to say, we got the fuck out of there.

my friend and i killed off the rest of the whiskey and spent half the night in an arby's, eating as much as possible and trying to sober up enough to drive home.  i think we left lexington around 5:30 a.m.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yeah, me too. 

iwbiek wrote:

yeah, me too.  i recall many nights cruising up to the university of kentucky campus in lexington with a buddy of mine to crash every party on fraternity row.  the whole street smelled like beer and we never knew a damn person, but that never stopped at least one guy from somehow recognizing us as aquiantances.

one year around christmas we cruised up there with great expectations, only to find the row dark and peaceful.  i was already high as a kite on bushmill's and so fucking enraged with disappointment i took my friends CO2 pellet gun out of the backseat and blew a few holes in a big inflatable santa one of the frat houses had on their front lawn.  needless to say, we got the fuck out of there.

my friend and i killed off the rest of the whiskey and spent half the night in an arby's, eating as much as possible and trying to sober up enough to drive home.  i think we left lexington around 5:30 a.m.

That tops anything I ever did...except for the two birthdays I woke up in jail with DUI.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have never woke up in

I have never woke up in jail, I have been in a jail cell but that was work related. Yeah this past year was kinda quiet for me, but still always fun, last year was just crazy for parties and hitting the bars, never in massive excess (ok on a few birthday parties), we always ended up at someone's house at 3am for food, coffee and booze (ok baileys and coffee) and talking till 5 or 7 am. Once sober we head back home.....or just pass out on the couch. Same last weekend, tons o fun, and now of course december comes and more parties to attend. Laughing out loud

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:lemme guess,

iwbiek wrote:

lemme guess, you drank brandy while discussing feuerbach with your latest frustrated (yet tenacious) male "buddy," as bach's second brandenburg concerto played softly on the gramophone.

Wow, how'd you guess?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I would like to add one

I would like to add one little thing about what not to do while drinking at a bar......don't fight with the bartender, you can win the argument but the night will end quickly for you, we had that happen this past weekend, where one of the girls decided to fight with the bartender, they where ready to kick her out (which would mean the rest of the santa's would leave because it's a group thing), however since I had been very nice to the bartender and had tipped her pretty good I was able to calm things down (basically promised that the girl wouldn't order any more). I don't know about where everyone else lives, but here, bartender has final say...and bouncers merely enforce the bartenders law.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote: I would

latincanuck wrote:

I would like to add one little thing about what not to do while drinking at a bar......don't fight with the bartender, you can win the argument but the night will end quickly for you, we had that happen this past weekend, where one of the girls decided to fight with the bartender, they where ready to kick her out (which would mean the rest of the santa's would leave because it's a group thing), however since I had been very nice to the bartender and had tipped her pretty good I was able to calm things down (basically promised that the girl wouldn't order any more). I don't know about where everyone else lives, but here, bartender has final say...and bouncers merely enforce the bartenders law.

I've lived in Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Washington and Oregon.  And I have waitressed in California. (It was only a mile commute at the time while I was living in Arizona.)  Same same.  If the bartender says you have had enough, you won't be served anymore.  And the bouncer enforces it.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:iwbiek

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Wow, how'd you guess?

i used the scooby-doo principle.

think about it.

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:iwbiek

Sandycane wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

That tops anything I ever did...except for the two birthdays I woke up in jail with DUI.

well, i've never seen the inside of a jail cell (except on reno 911), so i guess you win.

still, anybody can end up in jail.  not many people have shot santa claus with impunity.

btw, i have to confess, my story wasn't entirely factual...it wasn't bushmill's, it was ancient age.  sorry, i just wanted to sound like a bigshot.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, i've

iwbiek wrote:

well, i've never seen the inside of a jail cell (except on reno 911), so i guess you win.

still, anybody can end up in jail.  not many people have shot santa claus with impunity.

btw, i have to confess, my story wasn't entirely factual...it wasn't bushmill's, it was ancient age.  sorry, i just wanted to sound like a bigshot.

That's okay, I have to confess, too...without googling, I have no idea what 'bushmill' and 'ancient age' are. I say you win: shooting Santa is funny. Getting a DUI isn't.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i used the

iwbiek wrote:

i used the scooby-doo principle.

think about it.

You ate a doggy treat?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh and I wasn't in jail

Oh and I wasn't in jail either.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
That would have sucked.

Sandycane wrote:

I bet that sucked. I got one several years ago when the penalty for one was just a fine and some community service.

Unfortunately, I have had a few other instances that caused me to spend a few nights in what a biker bro of mine calls "The crossbar motel".

There is an old saying in the circles that I have run in : A good friend will come and bail you out of jail and a best friend will be sitting next to you saying "Man we screwed up last night".

I have encountered a few best friends over the years, some of it funny and some of it not so funny.

Craziest one happened several years ago when a whole crowd of us got taken in. Cop on the scene said : I have never, in twenty years of this, ever heard of stealing a coke machine, driving down the street, COMING BACK TO THE SAME SPOT, tossing the coke machine back out onto the spot, then tearing the coke machine open to get a few sodas for liquor. THEN trying to put cokes into the back of the truck that you used to steal the machine from. (Turns out that the cops were down the street watching us the whole time)

Luckily, alot of us were underage at the time that happened. I plead amnesia to the whole affair.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote: I

marcusfish wrote:

I sometimes suffer from anti-disorder disorder. I also am prone to hypochondriac-over-medicated disorder.

In the end though, I'm just a slave to my need-a-disorder disorder.

Ha ha. Right. Everyone knows that diseases and genetically inherited disorders only affect the internal organs below the neck. Although actually part of the body, the brain isn't subject to defect or injury.  Every good doctor learns that in medical school.   

But you who I really hate ?  The combat veterans who come back from Iraq / Afghanistan claiming to have ptsd.  They just have some selfish need for attention, that ptsd shit's not real anyway. Are they serious ? What's so stressful about being a soldier ?   Fucking hypochondriacs.   And the veterans that actually kill themselves, who are they trying to fool ? 

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Disorder DISORDER!

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
Every good doctor learns that in medical school.

Prozac, no one is trying to pee in your Cheerios. I never said any of those things you are trying to associate with me. I made an offhand comment because it looked like a laundry list of disorders and I wanted to poke at it.

Obviously there are a great many variations on the chemical make-up of the human mind. Some of those can promote aberrant and even harmful behaviors. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case in some specific circumstances.

The mind adjusts to what it has experienced to deal with its surroundings. That being the case people who survive traumatic scenes can come out of it with unhealthy emotional complications which are detrimental to their ability to function within some social contracts. That's got to be tough and I imagine unlearning those lessons can be very difficult and take a great deal of effort.

We have a new found drive to make sure every little tick gets its own cool "disorder" or, at the very least, is grouped with an existing one. Hearing people list their disorders always makes me think of this. Americans are so soft that we need medication and disorder classification for boredom - it just makes me chuckle in a sad sort of way.

OP: sorry for distracting from your topic.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:OP: sorry

marcusfish wrote:

was there ever anything to distract?

Sorry from distracting you from your drunk dial? Sounds like something most would be thankful for

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Side-Track

Tapey wrote:

marcusfish wrote:

Sounds like something most would be thankful for

Well then, I'm glad to have been a bother and a burden Smiling

My work here is done, I'm off to confuse and side-track other communities on the webbernets!

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Luckily, alot of us were underage at the time that happened. I plead amnesia to the whole affair.

I would have, too.

No, I have never been in jail.  No, I am not going to repeat my most embarrassing drunken moments.  That's why I quit drinking - I remember them all too well.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Oh and I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Oh and I wasn't in jail either.

... *this* time.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:iwbiek

Sandycane wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

That's okay, I have to confess, too...without googling, I have no idea what 'bushmill' and 'ancient age' are. I say you win: shooting Santa is funny. Getting a DUI isn't.

bushmill's is an excellent irish whiskey, perhaps the oldest licensed distiller in the world.  i don't drink it much anymore, however, since bushmill's, like all whiskey, is very expensive where i live now (slovakia).

ancient age is a very cheap, yet surprisingly drinkable, bourbon.

fyi, for anyone who cares, bourbon whiskies of any price are usually of higher quality compared to other whiskies, particularly "blended" whiskies, because the legal bourbon standard is extremely high, whereas blended whiskies have no legal standard at all.  more care and expense is put into making budget bourbons like ancient age and old crow than expensive blendeds like crown royal, for example.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Sandycane

iwbiek wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

bushmill's is an excellent irish whiskey, perhaps the oldest licensed distiller in the world.  i don't drink it much anymore, however, since bushmill's, like all whiskey, is very expensive where i live now (slovakia).

ancient age is a very cheap, yet surprisingly drinkable, bourbon.

fyi, for anyone who cares, bourbon whiskies of any price are usually of higher quality compared to other whiskies, particularly "blended" whiskies, because the legal bourbon standard is extremely high, whereas blended whiskies have no legal standard at all.  more care and expense is put into making budget bourbons like ancient age and old crow than expensive blendeds like crown royal, for example.

Okay, never was a whiskey drinker myself. I was a finicky (and frugal) practicing alcoholic... it was usually beer or, my favorite party drink: a slushy with vodka and concentrated strawberry juice. Never cared for wine and mixed drinks with soda knocked my blood sugar off the charts. I loved the mixed drinks at Olive Garden, my fav was something called 'Anna Maria for Mea' I think it had Kalua in it. Perfect with dinner.

I also liked liquors with hazelnut and anise, especially in coffee...I miss the flavors but, not the drunk or next day hangover.