Hola

subtlehustle1972
User is offlineOffline
Hola

I'm a tattoo artist from Floriduh. I signed up on this site out of frustration. The frustration of watching a world on the edge of chaos and everyone is clamboring for the easiest answer. The sheer amount of willful ignorance being displayed is killing me. We could, at this point, take a great leap forward by shedding all the mysticism that causes so much hatred and distrust in the world. Instead "civilization" is just reverting to it's assbackward ways of dogmatically fueled xenophobia. I hope humanity survives long enough to see that great leap. For now, I'll just hang out here and take comfort in the knowledge that I'm not alone.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are not alone.  Welcome

You are not alone.  Welcome from the Pacific Northwest.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
subtlehustle1972 wrote:The

subtlehustle1972 wrote:

The frustration of watching a world on the edge of chaos and everyone is clamboring for the easiest answer. The sheer amount of willful ignorance being displayed is killing me. We could, at this point, take a great leap forward by shedding all the mysticism that causes so much hatred and distrust in the world. Instead "civilization" is just reverting to it's assbackward ways of dogmatically fueled xenophobia. I hope humanity survives long enough to see that great leap. For now, I'll just hang out here and take comfort in the knowledge that I'm not alone.

Read my mind. 

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
subtlehustle1972 wrote: I'm

subtlehustle1972 wrote:

I'm a tattoo artist from Floriduh. I signed up on this site out of frustration. The frustration of watching a world on the edge of chaos and everyone is clamboring for the easiest answer. The sheer amount of willful ignorance being displayed is killing me. We could, at this point, take a great leap forward by shedding all the mysticism that causes so much hatred and distrust in the world. Instead "civilization" is just reverting to it's assbackward ways of dogmatically fueled xenophobia. I hope humanity survives long enough to see that great leap. For now, I'll just hang out here and take comfort in the knowledge that I'm not alone.

Hi, welcome. 

If "watching a world" is killing you, then I suggest you stop watching TV and reading news for a while.  Remember, your own mind and life are more important for you in its actuality than the wellbeing of a universe.   Smiling

100%

subtlehustle1972
User is offlineOffline
thank you

That is sound advice. I probably do watch too much news, but I also see this troubled society face to face on a daily basis. The amount of young people that come to me for religious or "spiritual" tattoos makes me want to scream. They cling so blindly to something they really know nothing about. Anyhow, I'll stop ranting and just say thank you for the welcome and the advice. I will certainly make an effort to heed it. 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
subtlehustle1972

subtlehustle1972 wrote:

That is sound advice. I probably do watch too much news, but I also see this troubled society face to face on a daily basis. The amount of young people that come to me for religious or "spiritual" tattoos makes me want to scream. They cling so blindly to something they really know nothing about. Anyhow, I'll stop ranting and just say thank you for the welcome and the advice. I will certainly make an effort to heed it. 

Read my mind again.

Seriously the 16-20 year olds that wear religion as a fashion statement should be embarrased for themselves.  By that age you should have doubted the accuracy of religions to the point that you would not find good enough reason to get a religious tattoo. 

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
No tattoos here.....

.....and I'm over 55.  I have yet to meet anyone over age 35 who did not regrete the tatoo they got in their younger days, especially the guys who had their "chicks" name inked into their arms.  This may be bad buisness for subtlehustle 1972 to point  this out but it is something to consider.

edit:  Welcome to the forums btw, I'm Jim from Canada.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

.....and I'm over 55.  I have yet to meet anyone over age 35 who did not regrete the tatoo they got in their younger days, especially the guys who had their "chicks" name inked into their arms.  This may be bad buisness for subtlehustle 1972 to point  this out but it is something to consider.

edit:  Welcome to the forums btw, I'm Jim from Canada.

I often wonder about that.  I saw a young woman - plump, but not excessively so.  She was wearing low cut jeans and had a scroll tattooed all the way across the top of her hips/fanny.  Showed very nicely above the jeans.  All I could think about was what that was going to look like after she had a few kids.  At least she could wear high rise stretch pants and cover it up.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hi and welcome

Ugh! I just drove across Florida twice all the way to Boca Raton and back. I can't stand all the damn billboards in regards to religion/abortion. They actually put the two together and it really pissed me right off to be forced to see that as I'm driving. I got so pissed in fact that I had to pull over several times for smoke breaks. Oh and I have a tribal butterfly tattoo on my back above the bottom. Does this mean when I'm 65 I'll have an eagle on my ass? Or a buzzard!?!?

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi dude... Welcome...

Hi dude... Welcome...

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi there, Subtle.

I agree with comments upthread. In these days of pointless news, instant focus on global idiocy and click-fueled content, it's a mistake to think the news slopped up to us is news.

Switch to some cerebral commentary. The Guardian. The Atlantic Monthly. Crikey.com. The Huff does ok. When all goes awry, try The Onion.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums. Always glad when another person from Floriduh joins.

I'm from Orlando though I spend a lot of time in the SouthWest as well.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
A double Hola to you.  

A double Hola to you.