Whats the criteria ?

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whats the criteria ?

What is the criteria for which you can take a bible verse or passage as factual or allegory

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote: What is

Adventfred wrote:

What is the criteria for which you can take a bible verse or passage as factual or allegory

Simple, Does verse help cause/case/point/arguement?

If YES, its factual

If NO, its allegory until such a degree is reached that it helps cause/case/point/arguement

(verses previously used as factual or allegory are subject to change on demand)

What Would Kharn Do?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
We should play it like the

We should play it like the theists do. "Tommy disliked bobby so he stoned Bobby to death." -becomes- "Tommy cared for Bobby so he used a stone to explain the meaning of friendship." See how it works? It's all in perception!

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote: What is

Adventfred wrote:

Doesn't matter. EVEN if one strips the moral objections to that convoluted pile of tribal bullshit, it is STILL full of naked assertion fantastical magical claims.

"BE KIND TO YOUR NEIGHBOR" is a NO DUH, but because I find value in that doesn't make Christianity the inventor of human morals, nor does it mean godsperm can magically pop Mary's cherry without a second set of DNA.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Adventfred

Brian37 wrote:

Adventfred wrote:

Doesn't matter. EVEN if one strips the moral objections to that convoluted pile of tribal bullshit, it is STILL full of naked assertion fantastical magical claims.

"BE KIND TO YOUR NEIGHBOR" is a NO DUH, but because I find value in that doesn't make Christianity the inventor of human morals, nor does it mean godsperm can magically pop Mary's cherry without a second set of DNA.

But then they could say god can do anything ?