Is Deism more preferable?

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is Deism more preferable?

Do i need to exalt and praise my dad because he created me?

Is this also applicable to a skydaddy if he were real and did created me?

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.

D33PPURPLE
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:Do i need to

Zanarkand wrote:

Do i need to exalt and praise my dad because he created me?

Is this also applicable to a skydaddy if he were real and did created me?

I also wrote about that, essentially Deism creates an irrelevant God... http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/19955

"The Chaplain had mastered, in a moment of divine intuition, the handy technique of protective rationalization and he was exhilarated by his discovery. It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. Just no Character."

"He...had gone down in flames...on the seventh day, while God was resting"

"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You should be taken outside and shot!"

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
In so far as it is not

In so far as it is not prescriptive, it is preferable for reasons of social stability and liberty (unlike prescriptive religions with cause conflict and impose on others' freedoms).

In so far as we measure it relative to any fundamental virtue inherent in truth- it's just as false as any religion.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Deism seems to me to be a

Deism seems to me to be a subtle form of self-aggrandizement.  It's a way of agreeing with the most brilliant scientists in the world -- about the nature of the universe, that is -- while still "knowing something deeper."

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism