JAustinTX - new memeber

JAustinTX
JAustinTX's picture
User is offlineOffline
JAustinTX - new memeber

Just wanted to say hello to everyone!  I'm new to this forum (this is actually the only atheist forum to which I belong) and I'm excited to a part of the RRS!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JAustinTX wrote:Just wanted

JAustinTX wrote:

Just wanted to say hello to everyone!  I'm new to this forum (this is actually the only atheist forum to which I belong) and I'm excited to a part of the RRS!

Why do you feel the need to proclaim that this is the only atheist forum to which you belong?

You are almost implying that your "plunge" is unique.

It is not nor are atheist websites unique.

Rational Responders certainly is happy to have you here, but why you would brag about it being the only atheist site you belong to is a bit miffing.

I'd suggest while you rightfully support this website and while the enthusiasm you convey to the emotional aspect of finding "like minded people" which has brought you here, and is appreciated, do not act as if this is the only atheist website or the cure all for humanity.

We as humans all fart, pee and shit, like any other human. Brian Sapient the owner of this site is glad you are here. AND as a mere poster and fan of this site myself, I am glad that you are here. But lets not act like fans of Elvis throwing our panties at Elvis.

Glad to have you here. But as any of my friends, and I only speak for my friends, not this website itself, they WOULD TELL YOU  that I like shiny objects.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard Jaustin.

Welcome aboard JAustin.  It was your facebook message that I put in the evolution forum, right?  

Not sure what got in to Brian37 there, probably just a bit of paranoia.  Just let him lick your hand and he'll be alright. 

JAustinTX
JAustinTX's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure he just hasn't had

I'm sure he just hasn't had his daily walk.  I just hope he doesn't crap on the carpet.  Eye-wink  Seriously, thanks for the warm welcome...or was that you peeing on my leg?  No matter...I'll take it as a sign of affection.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Welcome

Sapient wrote:

Welcome aboard Jaustin.  It was your facebook message that I put in the evolution forum, right?  

Not sure what got in to Brian37 there, probably just a bit of paranoia.  Just let him lick your hand and he'll be alright. 

I guess I am thinking back to the convention that we attended together and how SOME reacted to meeting you the way I reacted to meeting Dawkins.

I will be alright, just keep the paint chips away from me.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
JAustin.....!

Welcome on board and don't let Brian37 scare you,  he's a Washington football fan and they are all a little strange.  May I also add there are meny other atheist sites.  I'm guessing your from Austin Texas so you might want to check out www.theatheistexperience right there in Austin.  They hold a live phone-in podcast every Sunday starting at 4:30 local time.  Then they have an atheist meet-up at Threadgils restaurant right afterwards.  Say hello to big Matt for me.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Welcome on board and don't let Brian37 scare you,  he's a Washington football fan and they are all a little strange.  May I also add there are meny other atheist sites.  I'm guessing your from Austin Texas so you might want to check out www.theatheistexperience right there in Austin.  They hold a live phone-in podcast every Sunday starting at 4:30 local time.  Then they have an atheist meet-up at Threadgils restaurant right afterwards.  Say hello to big Matt for me.

Shit, my own shadow scares me more than anything. I guess I was just checking that someone wasn't throwing themselves at others, like I have done in the past.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Hey, if you meet him tell him I said hi too Smiling

I wish I was able to take a trip out their way just to sit down and chat with them.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi. Welcome.

Hi. Welcome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
G'day, and welcome. (I was

G'day, and welcome. (I was born in, and still live in, AustralIa).

Yeah, watch out for that Brian37 guy. He stalks me on Skype, especially when I accidentally hit the button on my phone which seems to have his home phone number attached, including the long-distance and country code...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really  didn't mean my

I really  didn't mean my welcome the way it came out. I'm sorry. I guess I saw myself when I met Dawkins and acted like a school girl meeting Elvis. I don't know why I took the post that way. The best thing to do is ignore me. I really am harmless.