Video Exposes Anti-Gay Western Theocratic Influence on Uganda

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Video Exposes Anti-Gay Western Theocratic Influence on Uganda

In the African country of Uganda, a conference was held in 2004 in the capital city of Kampala put on by the International Transformations Network, the group that helped shaped Uganda’s current culture of ignorance about HIV and AIDs and the persecution of homosexuals.

The College of Prayer is also a network there in which an American businessman has close ties to a founding member of the “college.” The businessman named Hillman wants Christianity in all aspects of culture including business and the marketplace. One of their goals is to “redeem” and “restore” Uganda’s economy to Christ.

President Museventi and his wife are active members of these groups and have promoted abstinence and prayer over condemns.

One bizarre thing in the video, about 18 minutes in, which conspiracy theorists will love is the president of the ITN talks about forming a “New World Order.”

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2010/1/15/134445/911/Front_Page/Video_Exposes_Antigay_Western_Theocratic_Effort_quot_Transforming...

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
First Josph Kony and his

First Josph Kony and his Lord's Resistance Army, and now this. Uganda seems to be fertile ground for christian lunacy.

I've seen a couple of Ugandan politicians defend their kill-the-gays law. They keep repeating that people who don't agree with it are going to be "on the wrong side of history".

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
I watched the entire video

I watched the entire video and I can but say that this is truly a horrible thing.

These people are THE ENEMY, no two ways about it.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:I watched the

Marquis wrote:

I watched the entire video and I can but say that this is truly a horrible thing.

These people are THE ENEMY, no two ways about it.

I agree. They promote superstition over science and plan to base their economic principles on the same type of right wing Christian capitalism we so enjoy. See how well that's worked for us---NOT.

And I want to correct a spelling error in my OP, I meant to say "condoms," not "condemns."

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation