Greetings

Natural_SciGuy
Natural_SciGuy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings

Hello to everybody,

I decided to join this forum because I'm growing tired of feeling isolated from common sense.  I'm not yet a scholar on the topics of logic, philosophy, or theology, but I feel that I have common sense enough to discern rational thought from the irrational.  I've been formally trained as a biochemist, and have been keenly interested in the earliest stages of evolution from macromolecules to organisms for a number of years now.  Beyond this, I've had so many scathingly negative interactions with evangelicals who choose to challenge my views as an atheist, yet refuse to engage in a discussion of evidence for either side, that I now find myself looking for an outlet to have such a discussion.

I hope to learn more about the logic behind both sides of the debate, and the philosophy which lends itself to either sides' claims.

Looking forward to meeting others on the boards! 

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.
-- Richard Dawkins

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, glad to have you

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Natural_SciGuy wrote:Hello

Natural_SciGuy wrote:

Hello to everybody,

I decided to join this forum because I'm growing tired of feeling isolated from common sense.  I'm not yet a scholar on the topics of logic, philosophy, or theology, but I feel that I have common sense enough to discern rational thought from the irrational.  I've been formally trained as a biochemist, and have been keenly interested in the earliest stages of evolution from macromolecules to organisms for a number of years now.  Beyond this, I've had so many scathingly negative interactions with evangelicals who choose to challenge my views as an atheist, yet refuse to engage in a discussion of evidence for either side, that I now find myself looking for an outlet to have such a discussion.

I hope to learn more about the logic behind both sides of the debate, and the philosophy which lends itself to either sides' claims.

Looking forward to meeting others on the boards! 

Don't tell the virgin birth lovers about adenine, guanine, thymine and cytosine or that it takes TWO contributors to manifest into a zygote and then onto a baby, they don't like the truth.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Natural_SciGuy
Natural_SciGuy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha.  Free thinkers be

Haha.  Free thinkers be damned...

"The immaculate conception is wrong?  Umpossible!  Blasphemy!"

Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.
-- Richard Dawkins

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi there SciGuy

You've found your outlet...enjoy it.