hello to everyone

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
hello to everyone

My name is Mariana and I'm 23 years of age. I've travel a lot throughout the years but at the moment I live in the sunshine state.As a child I believed in an almighty God and to this day I remember that I was scared out of my mind. Real terrorist I call this Christian bible.I like to hear what people have to say about their beliefs but the problem is that most seem to hate listening to my beliefs. lol oh well Smiling

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and welcome to the

Hello and welcome to the forums, I never grew up believing in god as most have here, I actually believed only as a child and more so because my friends believed, but at around the at of 12 I realized that I never believed in god, it never made sense to be from the beginning. But I am sure there are many others that can relate to you.

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd say we are on the same boat

Children may not understand much about the world at early age but certain things such as fear they can and Of course we are guided through life by what others do or what would be considered "normal" or acceptable by society.Thanks for the warm welcome.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:My name

Zombie Jesus wrote:

My name is Mariana and I'm 23 years of age. I've travel a lot throughout the years but at the moment I live in the sunshine state.As a child I believed in an almighty God and to this day I remember that I was scared out of my mind. Real terrorist I call this Christian bible.I like to hear what people have to say about their beliefs but the problem is that most seem to hate listening to my beliefs. lol oh well Smiling

Then this is the place to be. We'll listen to your beliefs. We may not agree with them (no guarantees there), but we won't hate listening to them.

Welcome, Mariana!

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Zombie

Welcome to the forum. You'll find there's more than enough going on here to satisfy your need to talk about god-stuff without bugging your disinterested friends or family. I had a similar upbringing to you with the fear thing.

It's worth bearing in mind that use of fear to drive a point is an argument from force - along the lines of "Agree the world is octagonal or I'll slap you in the face".

Obviously if there were quality arguments there'd be no need for such threats. 

P.S. Which country is your Sunshine State in?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What I wouldn't give to be

What I wouldn't give to be young again. Well young but with the knowledge I have now. If you have a mate, they are lucky.

Is there anyone into old guys who are poor, live in a trailer and are missing teeth?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Mariana!

Welcome Mariana! Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome

You will find others on this sight who have pulled through what you have and over come their irrational fears. Post often.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
eh?

Atheistextremist wrote:

Welcome to the forum. You'll find there's more than enough going on here to satisfy your need to talk about god-stuff without bugging your disinterested friends or family. I had a similar upbringing to you with the fear thing.

It's worth bearing in mind that use of fear to drive a point is an argument from force - along the lines of "Agree the world is octagonal or I'll slap you in the face".

Obviously if there were quality arguments there'd be no need for such threats. 

P.S. Which country is your Sunshine State in?

The sunshine state is a nick name for Florida,  this is well know in N.America but no so well known elsewhere.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum,

Welcome to the forum, Mariana.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What I

Brian37 wrote:

What I wouldn't give to be young again. Well young but with the knowledge I have now. If you have a mate, they are lucky.

Is there anyone into old guys who are poor, live in a trailer and are missing teeth?

Plenty of people are into older males, about the missing teeth I'm sure there are people out there that find it fascinating. Humans with weird fetishes are aplenty. Smiling

Isaiah Berlin

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Nice to meet you

Hello Mariana,

Thank you for welcoming me here, and I do hope you enjoy the weekend! I'm on Chicago time so it's 10:19 as I try to type this with a bandage on my index finger, but hey- things happen and we go onward.

Have a great weekend!

Unrepentant_Elitist
Science FreakGold Member
Unrepentant_Elitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum,

Welcome to the forum, Mariana.

I hope you find it as interesting... and as infuriating...as I have. As to your comment about the airing of beliefs, I recall a phrase (that I may have read from the back of a sugar packet in some restaurant- but I'll quote the truth wherever I find it):

"Some people listen; others merely wait to speak."

Regards,

UE

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.