nice response to "you are going to hell"

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
nice response to "you are going to hell"

I'm watching Good News Week (in Australia) and a young commedian named Josh Thomas who accidently announced that he is an atheist during a twitter argument (and of course then got attacked by some of his Christian fans)... well, I'll just paraphrase as well as I remember:

They don't get it do they? When you tell an atheist that they are going to Hell it's like a hippie threatening to punch you in your aura!

exact wording may not be 100% correct, but brilliant!!

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty good..or telling a

Pretty good..or telling a christian anubis will burn their souls. But of course if you use this on a christian, they would say 'Aura's aren't real! Hell is real, the bible says so!"

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
ronin-dog wrote:I'm watching

The real meaning in telling an atheist he/she is going to hell is, "I'm pissed that you do not believe the same thing as I do".

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
My response is usually - "I

My response is usually - "I like it there. It's warm. When will you be dropping by?"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
But you don't understand,

But you don't understand, they want to save you from their invisible friend's revenge for not choosing his club.

They are just trying to help you. What's wrong with threatening people to get them to do what you want? When Muslims threaten them with Allah's hell, they too, are merely trying to help humanity.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I may not actually verbalise it

But my core response to this one runs along the lines of: "Fuck off and die you twisted, vile prick."

Of course, I usually just say: "I'm not sure of your facts, mum".

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

dingusdangus
Troll
dingusdangus's picture
User is offlineOffline
the problem with these whackos..................................

is that they firmly, and sometimes FANATICALLY, believe in what they are telling you. Have any of you heard of HellHouse? these people are fucking whackos. anyone that would tell you that you are going to die and then spend an eternity, an infinite amount of time, in HELL, burning to death only to wake up again and again and burn again and again, is a SICK, mentally disturbed individual.

I had this guy tell me some of that nonsense one time. to make a long story short, I told him, " Tell me I'm going to hell one more time motherfucker, I swear to Satan I am going to fucking kill you" and I charged him with my pocketknife in my hand. He didn't want any part of me after that. He moved out the next day in fact.

Cowards are always the same. they hide behind religious fanaticism, genetic "superiority", I hate to use the word "racism" because it invokes pretty much everyone but especially whites, they hide behind their friends  and gangs, and they are especially uplifted by a sense of moral superiority.

If you back down from these nuts in any way, you are just handing them firewood. you might as well hand them a lighter. the best thing is to be extremely aggressive and tell them they are pieces of shit. but be ready to argue or fight, because they are. believe it.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
D:

dingusdangus wrote:

is that they firmly, and sometimes FANATICALLY, believe in what they are telling you. Have any of you heard of HellHouse? these people are fucking whackos. anyone that would tell you that you are going to die and then spend an eternity, an infinite amount of time, in HELL, burning to death only to wake up again and again and burn again and again, is a SICK, mentally disturbed individual.

I had this guy tell me some of that nonsense one time. to make a long story short, I told him, " Tell me I'm going to hell one more time motherfucker, I swear to Satan I am going to fucking kill you" and I charged him with my pocketknife in my hand. He didn't want any part of me after that. He moved out the next day in fact.

Cowards are always the same. they hide behind religious fanaticism, genetic "superiority", I hate to use the word "racism" because it invokes pretty much everyone but especially whites, they hide behind their friends  and gangs, and they are especially uplifted by a sense of moral superiority.

If you back down from these nuts in any way, you are just handing them firewood. you might as well hand them a lighter. the best thing is to be extremely aggressive and tell them they are pieces of shit. but be ready to argue or fight, because they are. believe it.

what

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
According to the

According to the quran:

“The Messenger of allah went out to the Musalla on the day of Eid al-Adha or Eid al-Fitr. He passed by the women and said, ‘O women! Give charity, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.’ They asked, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allaah?’  He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religious commitment than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’

I'll take 'hell for eternity', Bob.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
nice response to "you are going to hell."

I quote Matt. 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Christians hate it when an unbeliever knows their bible better than they do, and can point out that their beloved Jay-sus told them not to judge. "It's not for you to say who will or will not go to hell," say I. "Or do you think the Boss was talking to everyone but you? When you threaten me with hell you ARE judging me. Be careful!"

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

This is how Puddy from Seinfeld would respond, after being told that if he doesn't accept Jesus, he'll burn and fry and rot and roast and be poked with pitch forks by cackling demons for all eternity:  "It's gonna be rough."

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:dingusdangus

ClockCat wrote:

dingusdangus wrote:

what

yeeeaaaahhh...i might get a little ruffled but i don't think i'm gonna start whipping out my victorinox on anyone anytime soon...

i'd much rather just use the corkscrew attachment on the next bottle of rioja.  speaking of which...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson