Some will win - some will lose
Some are born and will now chose
God’s decree will never end
It goes on and on and on and on

Shepherds - walking - up and down the barnyard
Their shadows - searching for the Light
Jesus - people - living just refined devotion
Praying - somewhere for the Light

Don't stop - believin' - Hold on to that feelin' - Jesus - people (In the light)

Don't stop - believin' - Hold on to that feelin' - Jesus - people (In the light)

Copyright@ 2009 (All Rights Reserved)

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it just me that thinks

Is it just me that thinks Stephen here may be the most adorable person in the entire world?

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:Is it just me

Nikolaj wrote:

Is it just me that thinks Stephen here may be the most adorable person in the entire world?

You  are probably the only person who believes that in the entire world.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Copyright@

stephen1969 wrote:

You can't copyright that!  That's bloody illegal!  It's not your music.  That's stealing.  You can't even copyright the lyrics as they are, presently they're only your intellectual property and that does not constitute a copyright.  Did you ask the artist and record label (the owners) for permission to use their music?  Did you ask them permission to use their song in that manner?  Oh, do what you want.  Just tell me why you're posting this here?  You're not contributing to the boards and you certainly don't seem to be trying to spark a conversation of any relevance to the boards.  Are you just trolling for the hell of it?

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:stephen1969

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

You can't copyright that!  That's bloody illegal!  It's not your music.  That's stealing.  You can't even copyright the lyrics as they are, presently they're only your intellectual property and that does not constitute a copyright.  Did you ask the artist and record label (the owners) for permission to use their music?  Did you ask them permission to use their song in that manner?  Oh, do what you want.  Just tell me why you're posting this here?  You're not contributing to the boards and you certainly don't seem to be trying to spark a conversation of any relevance to the boards.  Are you just trolling for the hell of it?

You have a large mouth for such a young man who has never experienced life. I pray for your salvation one day.

I do wish you'd learn about parody. It's a time-honored tradition of this country. For example, one aspect of parody in this song is that I took lyrics that were referring to a casual hook-up into a song about Jesus Christ's birth. It's scripturally accurate.

Perhaps if you wanted to teach me something, you could discredit the lyrics based upon scripture. And if you choose not to, then you choose to disengage this post.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Thomathy

stephen1969 wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

You have a large mouth for such a young man who has never experienced life. I pray for your salvation one day.

I do wish you'd learn about parody. It's a time-honored tradition of this country. For example, one aspect of parody in this song is that I took lyrics that were referring to a casual hook-up into a song about Jesus Christ's birth. It's scripturally accurate.

Perhaps if you wanted to teach me something, you could discredit the lyrics based upon scripture. And if you choose not to, then you choose to disengage this post.

What are you talking about?  Which country?  I suppose you could justify the song as a parody (I'm finding it difficult).  I'm not teaching a thing.  I asked you four questions.  I made seven statements.  For your information preaching is not permitted on these forums ...just saying.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:stephen1969

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

What are you talking about?  Which country?  I suppose you could justify the song as a parody (I'm finding it difficult).  I'm not teaching a thing.  I asked you four questions.  I made seven statements.  For your information preaching is not permitted on these forums ...just saying.

All music was created by God. Satan put the wrong words in,to the music, just as the seed strown across the rock. The Holy Spirit is now returning the glory to the music for a complete song.

In western civilization, parody has been a time honored event going back as far as the Greeks. I'm not familiar with much before that time, so I can't comment on how far back parody goes.

Instead of asking me a question, why not explain more to me.

If I posted anything that would discredit Christianity, the brood of vipers here would discredit it.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote: you could

stephen1969 wrote:
you could discredit the lyrics based upon scripture.

How about discrediting the lyrics based on good taste? That won't do?

Also, how do you know how old Thomathy is?

And, slightly flippant as this may have sounded, I still insist that you are adorable. I mean, do you how when you see a little child, who is convinced they are the best dancer, singer, footballer or whatever in the world? That is adorable.

I mean, we may disagree on most things, I may dislike many things about you, and you about me, but you do put a trully heartfelt smile on my face from your shear lack of self-recognition.

I'm really not being sardonic. I honestly think it's sweet. Like Don Quixote

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

If you are born in 1969...you are old enough to be my dad. 

Just saying.

Age doesn't increase hand-in-hand with maturity, unfortunately.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:If you are

ClockCat wrote:

Just saying.

I am just one man crying out the darkness for those in the darkness to see the Light. You will wake up one day if you are lucky to see the Truth. But then your world will be destroyed and you will have lived for naught. But remember, there is still the light of God that remains in the world.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I for one would like to see

I for one would like to see one done for Huey Lewis and the News' "Hip to be Square."

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't think I could hate

I didn't think I could hate that song more.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Thomathy

stephen1969 wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

All music was created by God. Satan put the wrong words in,to the music, just as the seed strown across the rock. The Holy Spirit is now returning the glory to the music for a complete song.

In western civilization, parody has been a time honored event going back as far as the Greeks. I'm not familiar with much before that time, so I can't comment on how far back parody goes.

Instead of asking me a question, why not explain more to me.

If I posted anything that would discredit Christianity, the brood of vipers here would discredit it.

...I ... ... ugh... You're crazy, eh.

BigUniverse wrote,

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:I for

LosingStreak06 wrote:

I for one would like to see one done for Huey Lewis and the News' "Hip to be Square."

That's an excellent sugestion actually! Can we do requests Stephen?

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:ClockCat

stephen1969 wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Just saying.

I am just one man crying out the darkness for those in the darkness to see the Light. You will wake up one day if you are lucky to see the Truth. But then your world will be destroyed and you will have lived for naught. But remember, there is still the light of God that remains in the world.

Why did you use capitalization on light, truth, and god? Just curious.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Nikolaj

stephen1969 wrote:

Nikolaj wrote:

You  are probably the only person who believes that in the entire world.

I think you're cute. You're just so adorable and cuddly, I want to squezze you until you burst.

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:I for

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Place it on my youtube site in the channel.

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:stephen1969

ClockCat wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Just saying.

Why did you use capitalization on light, truth, and god? Just curious.

God - because i refer colloquially to the one true God, who son was Jesus.

Truth - because Jesus taught the Truth.

Light - because Jesus brought the Light to the darkness of the world.

Do you know His Way?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote: I didn't think

Gauche wrote:

I didn't think I could hate that song more.

How about now?

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wouldn't it be nice if there

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some sort of moderating body that could make sure that there wasn't excessive trolling all over the forums?

We could call them moderators, and they would be gods among men.

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Alright, Stephen...

...this officially strikes me as having gone on a little too long.

As others here have pointed out...you haven't exactly struck up a genuine conversation.  All you've done is: 1) prove to us that you...or somebody...has mangled the lyrics to a few pop songs, 2) defend your actions on grounds of "parody" (which, I hope for your sake, is a legal defense,) and 3) make a few preaching remarks (which are indeed disallowed on these boards.)

Now, if you want to push this nonsense, I can quote you a few--genuine--pop songs that I'm pretty confident you're not going to like very much.  And I'll bet that the stuff I know is downright tame compared to what others here are likely able to post.  So...if you have an actual *point* to make, please make it.  If you want to discuss or debate (the existence of God, the claims made for Jesus or the Bible, etc.,) go right ahead.  But just posting bad "parody" lyrics to songs--when "Weird Al" Yankovic does the same thing, so much better--is really just a waste of bandwidth.

I'll let you in on a secret: I know for a fact that I would prefer logic and evidence, even if it's the same old Christian spin doctor (...oops...I mean "Christian apologist," of course...) nonsense to a series of song lyrics that don't even raise an issue, and thus stop a conversation before one has even started.  You're certainly not impressing me, and I heartily doubt that you're impressing (at least, *favorably* impressing,) anyone else, here. 

So...can we please stop with the lyrics, and move on to actual *issues?*  Please?

Conor

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:LosingStreak06

Nikolaj wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

That's an excellent sugestion actually! Can we do requests Stephen?

Post the requests on my you tube site channel

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"All music was created by

"All music was created by God. Satan put the wrong words in,to the music, just as the seed strown across the rock. The Holy Spirit is now returning the glory to the music for a complete song."

You lying little shit. Still living with mommy I presume.

Life created all music you little fucktard. Your gods and devils are in your own little twisted mind.

And this is not parody. Parody is in fun, humour, joking. This is a blatant rip off and molestation of artists work. Your only saving grace, the only thing keeping you from prison, is not charging people to hear it.

Regardless, your crap isn't anything but emotional appeal based in the lies of a religious belief. When one day the True Light of the godLess shines upon you, you will abandon such evil as this.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"All music was

Vastet wrote:
"All music was created by God. Satan put the wrong words in,to the music, just as the seed strown across the rock. The Holy Spirit is now returning the glory to the music for a complete song." You lying little shit. Still living with mommy I presume. Life created all music you little fucktard. Your gods and devils are in your own little twisted mind. And this is not parody. Parody is in fun, humour, joking. This is a blatant rip off and molestation of artists work. Your only saving grace, the only thing keeping you from prison, is not charging people to hear it. Regardless, your crap isn't anything but emotional appeal based in the lies of a religious belief. When one day the True Light of the godLess shines upon you, you will abandon such evil as this.

Odd that anger has to be tone of the day.

Is anger now the last refuge?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Odd that

stephen1969 wrote:

Odd that anger has to be tone of the day.

Is anger now the last refuge?

You have difficulty telling the difference between anger and justified outrage, apparently. No big surprise though, you're one of those people who use words without knowing their meaning. Sadly they aren't even big words.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.