Islam Violent

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
Islam Violent

hello everyone, I was debating someone on another website about how religions are the root causes of most wars. Well someone is trying to convince me that Islam is the exception(i know how funny that sounds). Could you guys help me out and give me some good examples from the quran that show it is not a religion of peace. I keep trying to tell this guy that the only reason it is as big as it is today is because it was spread with war, violence and fear. Does anyone have any quran scriptures memorized. I have already given a couple and I really don't feel like reading through the whole thing for some more.

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:hello

marshalltenbears wrote:

hello everyone, I was debating someone on another website about how religions are the root causes of most wars. Well someone is trying to convince me that Islam is the exception(i know how funny that sounds). Could you guys help me out and give me some good examples from the quran that show it is not a religion of peace. I keep trying to tell this guy that the only reason it is as big as it is today is because it was spread with war, violence and fear. Does anyone have any quran scriptures memorized. I have already given a couple and I really don't feel like reading through the whole thing for some more.

Obviously s/he's not yet hit you with Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, and the multitude of persons killed by Atheists.

Just wait... the Evangelists are not done with you yet.
I suggest you get ready for a response to the multitude of tens of millions of folks that they killed, which exceed the number that you will have claimed were killed in god's name.

BTW. Lemme know what creative post you put up on the above, after they throw it at you.

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
This person could be a

This person could be a Muslim apologist, you know.

They don't need to be 'generic theist' —  and in fact, that's a pretty rare category. Rare indeed, rare close to nonexistent, is the god-believer who argues for *all* god-belief. Let alone *all* monotheism.

Probably a Muslim apologist.

Best bet? Faith Freedom International. Go there, start digging. There are more than enough people versed in the *actual language of the Quran* to teach you what you need to know. And most will be *more* than happy to explain how "Islam is a religion of peace" is utter bullshit.

Well, except for the Sufis- but they're sort of a weird syncretic thing anyway. And they've still got that bloody-minded book with 'em anyway.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

556caliberatheist
556caliberatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am a soldier stationed in

I am a soldier stationed in Sadr City Iraq right now and I can tell you that from what I have seen the Shia are a little more mellow than the Sunni. That's just Iraq and it's a huge mess here so that's not to say that all Islam is like that.

The "Islam is a religion of peace!" thing goes away after you've been blown up or shot at once or twice.

I would also state that it is seldom a single religion but more of an interpretation of that religion that incites religious wars. Most religions lead out to their logical conculsion do demand violence in the name of that religion.

Who says there's no atheists in foxholes?

http://foxholeatheist.wordpress.com/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
War is Peace. Islam is

War is Peace. Islam is watching you.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
556caliberatheist wrote:I am

556caliberatheist wrote:

I am a soldier stationed in Sadr City Iraq right now ...

Gee! It's real nice of the Armed forces to setup an Internet connection for you to fool around in places like this.

Do they have lots of PC's so everyone gets a chance, or did you have to wait a few months to get your turn to post a response above?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:  Don't

butterbattle wrote:

Don't worry! The Judeo-Christians are doing a far better job of destroying the U.S., and fucking up the entire world, than the Muslims have managed to do.

But let's not talk about that!

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all: FUCK NO

First of all: FUCK NO Christians aren't doing a better job of fucking everything up. Not to say they're doing a good job, by any means- just that your assertion is so WRONG that....I just don't get this.

Which brings me to point two: What the FUCK is with you?!? You came on here a few days ago with this obvious bug up your ass about evangelicals, and that goddamn six-legged monstrosity refuses to die. Seriously, dude, you need to get your damn priorities straight and chill the fuck out. Otherwise, you're just making the case for any theist out there: "The angry atheist who has no argument, only statements of fury... obviously he/she is ANGRY AGAINST GOD!" Whether or not that is what you're about- maybe you just 'fell off the wagon' so to speak- this is how you come across. To me. On an atheist-centered site with a heading "Believe in God? We can fix that!" at the top of the page.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:First of

crazymonkie wrote:

First of all: FUCK NO Christians aren't doing a better job of fucking everything up. Not to say they're doing a good job, by any means- just that your assertion is so WRONG that....I just don't get this.

Which brings me to point two: What the FUCK is with you?!? You came on here a few days ago with this obvious bug up your ass about evangelicals, and that goddamn six-legged monstrosity refuses to die. Seriously, dude, you need to get your damn priorities straight and chill the fuck out. Otherwise, you're just making the case for any theist out there: "The angry atheist who has no argument, only statements of fury... obviously he/she is ANGRY AGAINST GOD!" Whether or not that is what you're about- maybe you just 'fell off the wagon' so to speak- this is how you come across. To me. On an atheist-centered site with a heading "Believe in God? We can fix that!" at the top of the page.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Ah! Another GWB fan, and

Ah! Another GWB fan, and poor lost lamb.

Do you want to debate American foreign policy or talk shit?

If the former, put up a Topic questioning or concerning what I stated.

Otherwise, fuck off.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:Ah! Another GWB

treat2 wrote:
Ah! Another GWB fan, and poor lost lamb. Do you want to debate American foreign policy or talk shit? If the former, put up a Topic questioning or concerning what I stated. Otherwise, fuck off.

1. Who are you talking to?

2. Why are you so hostile?

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
I also want answers to those

I also want answers to those questions.

*edit* Thanks, FreeHugMachine.

*edit again* Oh fuck- is this Matt?

OrdinaryClay wrote:

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:*edit

crazymonkie wrote:

*edit again* Oh fuck- is this Matt?

ya... im getting to the point where i'd call it a Matt

What Would Kharn Do?

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
You mean *the* Matt, right?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:You mean

crazymonkie wrote:

Well... there is the possiblity...

at the moment, he seems to be just

"Pulling a Matt"

But he could very well be Matt himself, or Matt incarnate... or maybe (and this is a long shot) a spawn of Matt!

Matt doesnt have any followers so i think we can safely rule that out, as well...

What Would Kharn Do?

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
please stick to the topic

could you guys stop the stupid argueing and stick to the topic. Why does this seem to happen on all my post?

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get over yourself.I, for

Get over yourself.

I, for one, posted my reply. Hopefully you went to Faith Freedom International, because it's a really good site. I've dispensed with my responsibility to your thread, and now we're discussing the troll. What's wrong with that?

OrdinaryClay wrote:

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:hello

marshalltenbears wrote:

OK...

The Evangelist would flatly disagree... and I think I addressed this issue (in at least 1 or more threads).
The Evangelist would say that NOT religion, but Atheists
have been the cause of FAR MORE wars, than Theism ever was.
Have a now made my debatable point clear enough?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:Get over

crazymonkie wrote:

Get over yourself.

I, for one, posted my reply. Hopefully you went to Faith Freedom International, because it's a really good site. I've dispensed with my responsibility to your thread, and now we're discussing the troll. What's wrong with that?

Actually, you are a troll.

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, yes, you've made it

Yes, yes, you've made it clear that you're not interested in discussing anything beyond bashing evangelists.

OrdinaryClay wrote:

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:could

marshalltenbears wrote:

could you guys stop the stupid argueing and stick to the topic. Why does this seem to happen on all my post?

I've done so, see the 3rd post above.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote: OK... The

treat2 wrote:
OK... The Evangelist would flatly disagree... and I think I addressed this issue (in at least 1 or more threads). The Evangelist would say that NOT religion, but Atheists have been the cause of FAR MORE wars, than Theism ever was. Have a now made my debatable point clear enough?

Way to miss the point of the OP...  He's asking for some help proving Islam is militant.  This topic was not meant as a debate.  I personally linked a site that had some good quotes from that Koran as requested.

I apologize that the thread is being derailed a bit, OP... it is common on all forums but recently I feel like most threads here are being taking off track (hint hint).

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah. Just who or what's

Yeah. Just who or what's been causing that, anyway?

Hmm.... real mystery...

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:Yes, yes,

crazymonkie wrote:

Yes, yes, you've made it clear that you're not interested in discussing anything beyond bashing evangelists.

I'm an equal opportunity basher.

You've just not posted anything particularly intelligent. Had you, you would have found that I'd be happy to show a
12ga Mossberg down Bin Laden's throat and empty all 8 shells.

However, as you're a Bushite, and ignorant with regard to American foreign policy, I'm content to bash your statements, and those assholes that you defend as persons whom are interested in "freedom". (More B.S. to bash.)

You supply it, and I'm happy to bash it as long as it shows no sign of intelligence.

556caliberatheist
556caliberatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2

treat2 wrote:
556caliberatheist wrote:

I am a soldier stationed in Sadr City Iraq right now ...

Gee! It's real nice of the Armed forces to setup an Internet connection for you to fool around in places like this. Do they have lots of PC's so everyone gets a chance, or did you have to wait a few months to get your turn to post a response above?

The COB I am at is small, just one company and we all share 4 computers. And since you mention it, it is nice but it's not the Armed Forces, it's MWR.

I just have different hours than most of the other soldiers because I am a medic so I get a good crack at the internet more often than not.

Back to the Muslim deal: I think that we are focusing too closely on the crazies and the fringe and frankly it's the low hanging fruit. Just like "GODHATESFAGS" is not what I would call a represenative cross section of American Christianity al-Qaida is not a good representative of most Muslims. Most Muslims mind you, there are some and they are organized who would murder you for not believing in the same God they believe in.

We had a Sunni interpreter get spit on by a woman when she learned he was Sunni. I was amazed. She was serving us, American Soldiers, tea while spitting not only on a fellow Iraqi but a fellow Muslim.

To be fair I don't really know what a religion of peace is. Or for that matter what a religion of war or violence is either. I think it would be predent to define those terms first.

Who says there's no atheists in foxholes?

http://foxholeatheist.wordpress.com/

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
FreeHugMachine wrote:Way to

FreeHugMachine wrote:
Way to miss the point of the OP... 

You're confused about something. I leave it to you to figure out what the hell it is.

FreeHugMachine wrote:
He's asking for some help proving Islam is militant.

With a Topic title "Violent Islam" is there any question about that?

FreeHugMachine wrote:
This topic was not meant as a debate.

Are you marshalltenbears, too?

FreeHugMachine wrote:
I personally linked a site that had some good quotes from that Koran as requested.

I apologize that the thread is being derailed a bit, OP...

So stop derailing it, and trolling.

FreeHugMachine wrote:
... it is common on all forums but recently I feel like most threads here are being taking off track (hint hint).

So stop taking it of track, and whining about it, too.

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Missed my reply to your

Missed my reply to your oh-so-intelligent

"Don't worry! The Judeo-Christians are doing a far better job of destroying the U.S., and fucking up the entire world, than the Muslims have managed to do.

But let's not talk about that!"

I suppose?

Yeah- equal opportunity offender my skinny white ass. Someone's started a thread about how Muslims aren't less guilty than Christians about religious intolerance, and you go on and on, not just here, but in every... single... thread about 'Evangelicals.' When we're not even talking about Evangelicals.

That you've got a bug up your ass about it, for some reason I can't fathom, is clear. As to why you're calling *me* a troll, when you're the one going on and on about Evangelicals, and have been doing so for the past several days, EVEN on threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH EVANGELICALS, like this, I just can't make sense of it.

As to people's 'freedoms', when the fuck did I ever defend anyone here? I only point out that you've got the wrong target; expand your targets, and I'll stop complaining.

OrdinaryClay wrote:

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
LMAO!

LMAO!