High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:I know, I know, I'll

Quote:
I know, I know, I'll get one of two responses here:
  1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

I get the same thing from my cat at least once a day.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back. No news to

Welcome back. 

No news to report..

OHH, except the U.S. has a new President who has yet to show the slightest sign of being a complete idiot.  Hooray !

We could open a bottle of bubbly for both of you.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back Jill! I

Welcome back Jill! I wondered where you went   Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I get the

Hambydammit wrote:
Cats are little fur-covered doses of humility. Sticking out tongue

AmericanIdle wrote:
Welcome back. 

No news to report..

OHH, except the U.S. has a new President who has yet to show the slightest sign of being a complete idiot.  Hooray !

We could open a bottle of bubbly for both of you.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Obama & crew work out.

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:
Welcome back Jill! I wondered where you went   Smiling
Thankies =^_^=

I stepped out for some milk and ended up on a world-spanning adventure with my new girlfreind Zooey Deschanel! (Or I got sick and spent a little quality time in hospital, I forget which was real and which was fever-dream Eye-wink )

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote: I stepped

JillSwift wrote:

I stepped out for some milk and ended up on a world-spanning adventure with my new girlfreind Zooey Deschanel! (Or I got sick and spent a little quality time in hospital, I forget which was real and which was fever-dream Eye-wink )

Wait.  Wait just a minute.  Zooey Deschanel's cheating on me in your fever-dreams?  What a cold-hearted bitch.  I'm hurt.  You would have thought she'd at least send me a text.  All these months of stalking, gone to waste.

Oh well.  Lots of imaginary fish in the imaginary sea.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:I know, I

JillSwift wrote:

1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

Sticking out tongue

ah, my favorite beautiful lady has returned   how i have missed thee, although your new homicidal sinead o´connor avatar is freaking me the fuck out.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
I knew Sinead before she was

I knew Sinead before she was famous - she used to hang around the sound studio my girlfriend worked in. Sweet and demure, but as batty as a brush.

Welcome back Jill, hope you're on the mend.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gah!  What have you done to

Gah!  What have you done to your avatar!  I've been reading the forums and didn't realise it was you at first.  You've always had fun happy cute avatars and now this. *hides behind chair sucking thumb*

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:Gah!  What

thingy wrote:
Gah!  What have you done to your avatar!  I've been reading the forums and didn't realise it was you at first.  You've always had fun happy cute avatars and now this. *hides behind chair sucking thumb*

What can I say, I have a streak of the macabre.

I've swapped back to a Hannalore av, though. As much as I enjoy a foray into the creepy, I do have a strong preference for the adorable. Laughing out loud

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:I

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
  1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

Which wouldn't be bad, except your cat appears to be heavily armed.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:What can I

JillSwift wrote:
What can I say, I have a streak of the macabre.

I've swapped back to a Hannalore av, though. As much as I enjoy a foray into the creepy, I do have a strong preference for the adorable. :D

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:I knew Sinead

Nordmann wrote:

I knew Sinead before she was famous - she used to hang around the sound studio my girlfriend worked in. Sweet and demure, but as batty as a brush.

wow!  i've always wondered what she's like in person.  unlike a lot of guys i know, i find her very attractive, but yeah, i've always figured she's the kind of girl that fascinates you, but then, once you get in with her, you suddenly realize how much baggage is there and you're like, "hooooly shee-it, what the fuck have i done..."

while i like about half her music, i've only ever agreed with one statement she's made, and that's "van morrison should be frickin' canonized."

ahem, but she doesn't hold a candle to jilly bean.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:I

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
  1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

hahahaha

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
peppermint wrote:Hambydammit

peppermint wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
  1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

hahahaha

Cats do that to everyone - that's why they're cats.

Now, if a dog did that, it would be news.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:peppermint

jcgadfly wrote:

peppermint wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
  1. You were gone?
  2. Who the hell are you?

hahahaha

Cats do that to everyone - that's why they're cats.

Now, if a dog did that, it would be news.

It's still funny...

And not all cats are like that. My friend's cat runs up to her and begs her to pet him when she comes home.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, Cats sometimes won't

Yeah, Cats sometimes won't leave you alone. I have 14 of them right now. 6 are kittens.

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Yeah, Cats

MattShizzle wrote:

Yeah, Cats sometimes won't leave you alone. I have 14 of them right now. 6 are kittens.

Wow!! You should put up pictures!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
4 of the kittens from back

4 of the kittens from back in June with their mother are in the "Stray kittnes" thread a couple pages back. And Miss Callie is the "Not This Shit Again" cat.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team