Need help in school

WBFL
User is offlineOffline
Need help in school

It is my senior year at high school and we have to da a senior project to graduate. It composes of a research paper. spending 15 hours with a mentor (not necissarily face to face), and a final product. I decided i was gona do my project somewhere along the lines of atheism and i need a mentor to help, tho i know a bit about athest arguments,  i do not have a very large amount of knowledge, having never read the bible all the way thru( im lazy get off my case). But if i could get someone here to mentor me id appreciate it. And as i said previously we do not have to meet face to face we could im or email, w/e works out. The only requirement is over the age of 21.

Knowledge is power
Power leads to corruption
Corrution leads to crime
Crime doesn't pay
So if you study you'll go broke.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
What does "somewhere along

What does "somewhere along the lines of atheism" mean?

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
 as far as the bible goes

as far as the bible goes this is a great resource! http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ i wouldn't mind helping out a bit and I'm sure others here wouldn't mind either so you could probably just post your questions in this thread. beware though.. some people here will jump on you at the drop of a dime or a misspelled word, only chime in for the censure and not address your questions. so just ignore them. Smiling

WBFL
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:What does

Nordmann wrote:

What does "somewhere along the lines of atheism" mean?

not 100% sure on exactly what to do

mohammed wrote:

as far as the bible goes this is a great resource! http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ i wouldn't mind helping out a bit and I'm sure others here wouldn't mind either so you could probably just post your questions in this thread. beware though.. some people here will jump on you at the drop of a dime or a misspelled word, only chime in for the censure and not address your questions. so just ignore them. Smiling

well its not all about having questions, its just that we a re required to have a mentor and there is no1 i know who lives around my area that is an etremely devout atheist like some on the site... otherwise i wouldnt bother

Knowledge is power
Corrution leads to crime
Crime doesn't pay

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
if you want general

if you want general information listen to the free RSS shows there are some good points about atheism. watch some videos on atheism on youtube.com etc... Richard Dawkins Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris are my favorites.

free shows http://www.rationalresponders.com/rrs_free_shows

i was an atheist about 25 years before i came here and i still loved listening to those shows.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Here is some atheist mentors

Here is some atheist mentors for ya, Jesus, Buddha, Sartre, Nietzsche, Bertrand Russell, Carl Sagan, Einstein , and of course the great ME   .... atheist GOD, of no MASTER   

WBFL
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:if you want

mohammed wrote:

if you want general information listen to the free RSS shows there are some good points about atheism. watch some videos on atheism on youtube.com etc... Richard Dawkins Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris are my favorites.

free shows http://www.rationalresponders.com/rrs_free_shows

i was an atheist about 25 years before i came here and i still loved listening to those shows.

Again, its not so much about getting the information i need, i need 2 spend 15 hours with a mentor in order to get the credit for the project

Knowledge is power
Corrution leads to crime
Crime doesn't pay

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
WBFL wrote:Again, its not so

WBFL wrote:

Again, its not so much about getting the information i need, i need 2 spend 15 hours with a mentor in order to get the credit for the project

I'm not so sure that I am the best here to answer your query, but I will volunteer.  I'm assuming that your 15 hours need to be done over the next several months.  If you don't get a better offer, feel free to PM me.

(I have taught high school in other countries, but am not an expert on the bible and am still working my way through (and enjoying) Dawkins, Harris, etc.)

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.