From the Horses Mouth, Sarah Palin

evoatheist
evoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
From the Horses Mouth, Sarah Palin

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/

http://thestoneoftear.blogspot.com/2008/09/are-you-convinced-about-sarah-palin-yet.html

PZ Myers' Blog-

From the horse's mouth

Category: Politics

Here's the other side: Sarah Palin made some policy statements in her run for governor, so we can see what to expect. She's pro-ignorance and anti-civil rights all the way, opposing gay marriage, sex education, and reproductive rights for women. No surprise at all, I know. Here are some answers that jumped out at me:

2. Will you support the right of parents to opt out their children from curricula, books, classes, or surveys, which parents consider privacy-invading or offensive to their religion or conscience?Why or why not?

SP: Yes. Parents should have the ultimate control over what their children are taught.

She wants kids to be taught only what the parents believe, which is a disaster for education. It dictates that the next generation can be no wiser, barring exceptional effort from the kids themselves, than the previous. This is an angle to give religion a trump card over science, and jingo priority over history, by making it easy to prevent kids from being exposed to reality.

10. Do you support the Alaska Supreme Court's ruling that spousal benefits for state employees should be given to same-sex couples? Why or why not?Why or why not?

SP: No, I believe spousal benefits are reserved for married citizens as defined in our constitution.

The constitution once reserved voting rights to men, and allowed people to be held as slaves. So?

And this last one is simply hilarious.

11. Are you offended by the phrase "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I'll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

See Question 2 above. Do we really want stupid people dictating what people should learn?

Here's another answer from Palin that suddenly has more significance:

3. Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

Now, are you ready to hear this?

Sarah and Todd Palin say their 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.The couple said in a statement released by John McCain's presidential campaign that Bristol will keep her baby.

I'm flummoxed. Here's another personal issue that is none of the voters' business, that will distract the media from discussing the issues, yet it speaks directly to Palin's support for bad reproductive and educational policy.

Slaughtering of wolves-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpSjSeM6w0w

evoatheist
evoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
State will sue over polar

State will sue over polar bear listing, Palin says

SPECIES STATUS: Unreliable data, threat to energy development cited.

The State of Alaska will sue to challenge the recent listing of polar bears as a threatened species, Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday.

Click to enlarge

She and other Alaska elected officials fear a listing will cripple oil and gas development in prime polar bear habitat off the state's northern and northwestern coasts.Palin argued there is not enough evidence to support a listing. Polar bears are well-managed and their population has dramatically increased over 30 years as a result of conservation, she said.Climate models that predict continued loss of sea ice, the main habitat of polar bears, during summers are unreliable, Palin said.

The announcement drew a strong response from the primary author of the listing petition.

"She's either grossly misinformed or intentionally misleading, and both are unbecoming," said Kassie Siegel of the Center for Biological Diversity. "Alaska deserves better."

Siegel said it was unconscionable for Palin to ignore overwhelming evidence of global warming's threat to sea ice, the polar bear's habitat.

"Even the Bush administration can't deny the reality of global warming," she said. "The governor is aligning herself and the state of Alaska with the most discredited, fringe, extreme viewpoints by denying this."

As marine mammals, polar bears are regulated by the federal government, not the state. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne last week made the listing decision and said it was based on three findings.

"First, sea ice is vital to polar bear survival. Second, the polar bear's sea-ice habitat has dramatically melted in recent decades. Third, computer models suggest sea ice is likely to further recede in the future," he said.

Summer sea ice last year shrank to a record low, about 1.65 million square miles, nearly 40 percent less than the long-term average between 1979 and 2000.

Polar bears rely on sea ice for hunting ringed seals. In recent years, summer sea ice has receded far beyond the relatively shallow, biologically rich waters of the outer continental shelf, giving polar bears less time in prime feeding areas.

The bear's numbers rebounded after the 1970s, but conservation groups contend that was in response to measures taken to stop over-hunting.

Polar bear researchers fear recent effects of the loss of sea ice on Alaska polar bear populations. A 2006 study by the U.S. Geological Survey concluded that far fewer polar bear cubs in the Beaufort Sea were surviving and that adult males weighed less and had smaller skulls than those captured and measured two decades previously -- trends similar to observations in Canada's western Hudson Bay before a population drop.

'); //-->

Future paleo

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
evoatheist wrote:2. Will you

evoatheist wrote:

2. Will you support the right of parents to opt out their children from curricula, books, classes, or surveys, which parents consider privacy-invading or offensive to their religion or conscience? Why or why not?

SP: Yes. Parents should have the ultimate control over what their children are taught.

She wants kids to be taught only what the parents believe, which is a disaster for education. It dictates that the next generation can be no wiser, barring exceptional effort from the kids themselves, than the previous. This is an angle to give religion a trump card over science, and jingo priority over history, by making it easy to prevent kids from being exposed to reality.

Are you kidding me ???

People are actually pursuing this ???

I know this gets said a lot but that really is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of. Would there be two or multiple classes of students and diplomas? Would they have separate testing at the end of the years?

Where would they draw the line on 'offensive to their conscience' ?

They cannot have thought this through...

evoatheist
evoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
This woman is completely

This woman is completely disgusting, and she has the possibility of being in the White House. What is the world coming to?

Future paleo

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What a fucking moron!!! (my

What a fucking moron!!! (my response to question 11. )

Doesn't she know the pledge wasn't written until the very late 19th century, and "under god" wasn't added until the 1950s. Way too ignorant to have been governor. What the fuck!!?!?!?!?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
evoatheist wrote:What is the

evoatheist wrote:

What is the world coming to?

You must mean 'What is The United States of America coming to?'

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What are the

What are the immigration policies for Canada, England and Australia in case McInsane wins? Any women on here from there interested in a mail order husband for free?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:What are

MattShizzle wrote:

What are the immigration policies for Canada, England and Australia in case McInsane wins? Any women on here from there interested in a mail order husband for free?

i have a feeling you would have to come w/ a dowry

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I sure hope not. I'm so

I sure hope not. I'm so broke I make a motherfucker look like Donal Trump. (a reference to the term "broke as a motherfucker. " )

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:evoatheist

Thomathy wrote:

evoatheist wrote:

The U.S. is like a fat guy at the dinner table having a heart attack. If he grabs the table cloth on his way down to the floor you can kiss dinner good bye.

We are still sitting on one of the worlds largest nuclear stockpiles.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:Thomathy

nutxaq wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

evoatheist wrote:

The U.S. is like a fat guy at the dinner table having a heart attack. If he grabs the table cloth on his way down to the floor you can kiss dinner good bye.

We are still sitting on one of the worlds largest nuclear stockpiles.

What I meant is anyone who is not American has virtually no (and it turns out time and again to be effectively and absolutely no) say in what people are elected in America.  No choice over what politicians make it to the top of the game.  Americans have slightly more say.  Americans could have all the say.  I was just pointing out that it seems out of place to ask what the world is coming to when the matter of America's politicians and elections are America's matters only... obviously (I know it's just a figure of speech, however, to ask that question in exasperation).  That they effect the world should be obvious.  I'm not gainsaying that notion.  I'm appalled with America.  Find an American who cares enough about how appalled I am (and the rest of the West) to do... well, wishful thinking. Smiling

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:What a

MattShizzle wrote:

What a fucking moron!!! (my response to question 11. )

Doesn't she know the pledge wasn't written until the very late 19th century, and "under god" wasn't added until the 1950s. Way too ignorant to have been governor. What the fuck!!?!?!?!?

Didn't you know that McCarthy was one of the founding fathers? Um, hello???

I am simply baffled at the ignorance of Palin. How are these people able to hold public offices and make it into a huge political party while I'm forced to live pay check to paycheck? Sometimes I wonder if I should start getting into politics (starting with my city and working my way up) in order to avoid having more people like her.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:What I meant

Thomathy wrote:

What I meant is anyone who is not American has virtually no (and it turns out time and again to be effectively and absolutely no) say in what people are elected in America.  No choice over what politicians make it to the top of the game.  Americans have slightly more say.  Americans could have all the say.  I was just pointing out that it seems out of place to ask what the world is coming to when the matter of America's politicians and elections are America's matters only... obviously (I know it's just a figure of speech, however, to ask that question in exasperation).  That they effect the world should be obvious.  I'm not gainsaying that notion.  I'm appalled with America.  Find an American who cares enough about how appalled I am (and the rest of the West) to do... well, wishful thinking. Smiling

I can dig it. And I care. The rednecks who have been getting air time out of proportion to the weight of their opinion wouldn't apply their "fuck the world" mentality to their neighbors down the street; but I'll be damned if they're smart enough to see how it's the exact same thing on a smaller scale.

Proof, Paul Simon

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's what I'm doing. They

That's what I'm doing. They want a regular guy you could have beer with? Here he is. A high school dropout that thinks deeply about social and political concerns in between making dick jokes.

Proof, Paul Simon

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I remember reading about

I remember reading about that - how bad it is that in the US a barely coherent dropout who's a Christian has a much better chance of being elected to public office than a PhD who's an Atheist.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I remember

MattShizzle wrote:

I remember reading about that - how bad it is that in the US a barely coherent dropout who's a Christian has a much better chance of being elected to public office than a PhD who's an Atheist.

Hey, I'm coherent.

Proof, Paul Simon

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:evoatheist

Thomathy wrote:

evoatheist wrote:

Tomathy, with all due respect, this does have the potential to affect the whole world. McCain, if he manages to take 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.; he'll have the U.S. and the whole world nuked.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:MattShizzle

nutxaq wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Hey, I'm coherent.

You're also not a Christian. GWB is barely coherent but somehow got a degree. I'm guessing money.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kay Cat wrote:Thomathy

Kay Cat wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

evoatheist wrote:

Tomathy, with all due respect, this does have the potential to affect the whole world. McCain, if he manages to take 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.; he'll have the U.S. and the whole world nuked.

You should read my response following that one.  You should also note that you're putting words into my mouth;  I never said that it did not have the potential to affect the world. Smiling

BigUniverse wrote,

evoatheist
evoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
   www.youtube.com/watch 

www.youtube.com/watch  slaughtering animals

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
This woman...

...makes me want to vomit. She is so utterly selfish.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"There is more stupidity

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." Frank Zappa

I've never gotten use to the embarrassment of being one of the human race. Truth is humbling ((( and stranger than fiction.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, heard Palin speak last

Well, heard Palin speak last night and it got me to thinkin' about this thread, "From the horses mouth...", which further reminded me of this potential veeps jeebus jabberwocky.

So, it occurs to me that a new word is necessary to describe her type of diatribe, and since I've never been one to shy away from the word of the day, well, here you go folks....

Palindrone:

The squawking Sarah-like sound emitted from any far right, bible-thumping politician, whether spoken  forward  or  in tongues.

....of course, not to be confused with 'palindrome".

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wonko wrote:Well, heard

Wonko wrote:

Well, heard Palin speak last night and it got me to thinkin' about this thread, "From the horses mouth...", which further reminded me of this potential veeps jeebus jabberwocky.

So, it occurs to me that a new word is necessary to describe her type of diatribe, and since I've never been one to shy away from the word of the day, well, here you go folks....

Palindrone:

The squawking Sarah-like sound emitted from any far right, bible-thumping politician, whether spoken  forward  or  in tongues.

Heh-heh....pretty good!

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I watched her acceptance

I watched her acceptance speech last night as well. I was killing myself laughing when she brought up the "bridge to nowhere" and how she "turned them down".

Last time I checked, Palin still accepted the federal grant for the bridge, they just never built it. Talk about revisionist history.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Palin must have McCain's

Palin must have McCain's memory problems.  Congress voted against the Bridge and revoked its funding.  Palin claims she is the one who stopped the funding.  Republicans are touting her "experience".  I'm assuming that includes the experience of the time she dreamed she was in Congress.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/17/politics/17spend.html

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I watched Palin. Wow,

I watched Palin. Wow, another gifted smiling exaggerating, truth distortionist, fucking liar. Scary, and crowds applaud ?!!! Yicks. Such Fear Mongers these Republican fucks are. Eat Them!

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joel's Army

You’re traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of Christian fiction and radical right wing propagandist lies, but of utter theological and ideological despair. A psychotic journey into a surreal land of lunacy whose boundaries in Christian myth, magic, superstition, fiction and fantasy know no limitations. That’s a church signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of Christian indoctrination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of Christian myth and magic, a dimension of fascism, a dimension of authoritarian personality disorder. You’re moving into a land of both religion and recidivism, of god, greed and guns. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.

Wait till you read about her Rapture Crazed Church's connections to 'Joel's Army' of gun toting Christian Dominionists!

Palin's Church - hard core 'Joel's Army' doomsday dominionists for theocracy : Joel's Army 'Armed for Armageddon'

The 'divine mandate' of a gun crazed 'Joel's Army' Cult: Physically force Christian 'dominion' on non-believers [assumably at the point of a gun]

Palin's Churches & the 3rd Wave Part 1: History & Theology of 3rd Wave Dominionism to a bible ruled US Theocracy

Palin's Churches & the 3rd Wave Part 2: Docs proving deep involvement of Palin's churches in 3rd Wave Movement

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
You got that right!

Wonko wrote:

Palindrone:

Good job on that one.  I saw a little of the end of that long speech of hers.  I was truly frightened by the tone/power of the speaker and the sheer worshipful looks on audience's faces.  People were tearing up!  The applause lasted for 10 minutes?!?  They paraded the pregger girl out holding her bf's hand.  It really freaked me out.  I was with two others and we had to order a shot just to get through it.

Oh...and expatriation is a frequent topic these days...is that proving to be true for anyone else?

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
PorkChop wrote:Oh...and

PorkChop wrote:

Oh...and expatriation is a frequent topic these days...is that proving to be true for anyone else?

Not sure if this is what you meant but my wife and I talk about ways (though it is really impossible at this time) that we might be able to move to Canada.

Just yesterday she was looking at home prices in Vancouver, BC. She has an aunt there ans some friends. We went there last year and loved it...many problems though, like JOBS, she's pregnant, we just bought a new house etc.

We do say that if we ever have to use the phrase 'President McCain' we are moving out of this country....but without a lottery win the reality is that we probably can't.

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adnihilo wrote:You’re

Adnihilo wrote:

You’re traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of Christian fiction and radical right wing propagandist lies, but of utter theological and ideological despair. A psychotic journey into a surreal land of lunacy whose boundaries in Christian myth, magic, superstition, fiction and fantasy know no limitations. That’s a church signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

You unlock this door with the key of Christian indoctrination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of Christian myth and magic, a dimension of fascism, a dimension of authoritarian personality disorder. You’re moving into a land of both religion and recidivism, of god, greed and guns. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.

Wait till you read about her Rapture Crazed Church's connections to 'Joel's Army' of gun toting Christian Dominionists!

Palin's Church - hard core 'Joel's Army' doomsday dominionists for theocracy : Joel's Army 'Armed for Armageddon'

The 'divine mandate' of a gun crazed 'Joel's Army' Cult: Physically force Christian 'dominion' on non-believers [assumably at the point of a gun]

Palin's Churches & the 3rd Wave Part 1: History & Theology of 3rd Wave Dominionism to a bible ruled US Theocracy

Palin's Churches & the 3rd Wave Part 2: Docs proving deep involvement of Palin's churches in 3rd Wave Movement

Holy fuck!  I thought Huckabee was a nightmare, but Palin is far worse. The whole situation is made compounded by her seeming like a sweet, beautiful woman.  At least Huckabee was an outward extremist/wacko/douchebag.  I think a lot of people will have trouble believing that sweet little Sarah Palin could be capaple of the kind of derangement it seems she associates herself with.

"They always say the same thing; 'But evolution is only a theory!!' Which is true, I guess, and it's good they say that I think, it gives you hope that they feel the same about the theory of Gravity and they might just float the f**k away."

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
TonyZXT wrote:Holy fuck!  I

TonyZXT wrote:
Holy fuck!  I thought Huckabee was a nightmare, but Palin is far worse. The whole situation is made compounded by her seeming like a sweet, beautiful woman.  At least Huckabee was an outward extremist/wacko/douchebag.  I think a lot of people will have trouble believing that sweet little Sarah Palin could be capaple of the kind of derangement it seems she associates herself with.
Believe it? I know a few folks who think that's what makes her such a wonderful candidate.

Just makes me more worried about McCain getting elected then discovering he's, you know, over 70 and could crap out at any second.

Vote Obama!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know this is getting off

I know this is getting off the subject of Palin but is interesting so I thought I would post it here.  I just looked up Todd Bentley (the pastor that leads the revivals for the freshfire ministries that is associated with Joel's army) + the word scandal in google.  It's just too easy, all of these famous preachers are fucking criminals.  Turns out Bentley had himself a sex scandal recently.  Not surprising.  He was also a drug addict, alcoholic, commited "more than one act of sexual molestation" as well as "other criminal activities" in his teenage years.

So anyway I go to a xian forum thread about the scandal and Bentley's violent displays in his healings, and one of the replies jumps out at me.  So many religious people are so screwed up in the head I just wonder how they don't end up in a padded room.

Quote: Fraz_

"The voilent attacks on people took me back to Smith Wigglesworth days, where I recall a woman bringing her baby to him that had died. He drop kicked the baby and as the baby flew in the air, cries from the baby began. I don't believe that baby was hurt but I do beleive that smith had an awesome Ministry in God.

I watched todd on 2 occassions, the second time was to see if I was right in what I was thinking the first time. Though, sadly I was right, as even when you watch TV, IF you have the spirit of discernment, you will surely know whats of God and whats NOT of him.

Sad that sooo many was swayed by this and him."

"They always say the same thing; 'But evolution is only a theory!!' Which is true, I guess, and it's good they say that I think, it gives you hope that they feel the same about the theory of Gravity and they might just float the f**k away."

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Adnihilo , Wow, too cool,

Adnihilo , Wow, too cool, thanks, love that Twilight Zone parody. I am mailing that out.

Lefty13
User is offlineOffline
This actually scares me. At

This actually scares me. At first, I thought she was better than McCain, but now...

This also reinforces my belief that my IDIOT countrymen (and women) will elect J.McC.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Just to add to Adnihilo's

Just to add to Adnihilo's good stuff.

I'm not always big on Wiki, but I looked over this quickly

and it seems to be in good order. Not sure if Palin would

be classed as soft or hard dominionist. But from what I've 

read here and there...she'd be one or the other. Worse than

southern baptist fun-duh-mental-ism.

Some good info with the link....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alaska Independance Party

There is also her involvement with these people who want a vote to have Alaska secede from the US. See here.

She has also been conected as a member said to have attended their 1994 convention, See Here.

Unlike some other states Alaska was bought and paid for in Seward's Folly in 1867 for $7.2 million. They have no basis for arguing they can leave, unlike states that tried to do so during the Civil War. We own it. The Southern States joined the Union Alaska was bought and paid for by the United States. Rethugs support property rights and capital investments for long term gain, if Palin was ever serious in these views she is also a hypocrite on their campaign stand of Country First.  One can take whatever position you choose on state's right's but this party is Alaska First not Country First.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Her asshat church is also

Her asshat church is also one of those that tries to convert gays:

By RACHEL D'ORO, Associated Press Writer Sat Sep 6, 5:18 PM ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['lCioIUwNBlY-']='&U=13fpdr3rd%2fN%3dlCioIUwNBlY-%2fC%3d673139.12777403.13111891.1414694%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5422343%2fV%3d1'; "You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years.

Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.

Focus on the Family, a national Christian fundamentalist organization, is conducting the "Love Won Out" Conference in Anchorage, about 30 miles from Wasilla.

Palin, campaigning with McCain in the Midwest on Friday, has not publicly expressed a view on the so-called "pray away the gay" movement. Larry Kroon, senior pastor at Palin's church, was not available to discuss the matter Friday, said a church worker who declined to give her name.

Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public employees. At the time, less than one-half of 1 percent of state employees had applied for the benefits, which were ordered by a 2005 ruling by the Alaska Supreme Court.

Palin reversed her position and vetoed the bill after the state attorney general said it was unconstitutional. But her reluctant support didn't win fans among Alaska's gay population, said Scott Turner, a gay activist in Anchorage.

"Less than 1 percent of state employees would even apply for benefits, so why make a big deal out of such a small number?" he said.

"I think gay Republicans are going to run away" if Palin supports efforts like the prayers to convert gays, said Wayne Besen, founder of the New York-based Truth Wins Out, a gay rights advocacy group. Besen called on Palin to publicly express her views now that she's a vice presidential nominee.

"People are looking at Sarah Palin as someone who might feasibly be in the White House," he said.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
At least half of the

At least half of the citizens in this country will be more than happy to have a crazy person in office. In fact, they will insist upon it.

Obama seems like the lesser of two jackasses but I can't imagine him taking office. I don't think he panders to the fundies near enough to win. Not when his opponent is truly insane like McCain and Palin.

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
If parents had ultimate

If parents had ultimate control over their kids, then incest, rape and every kind of abuse would be "just fine". I'm not saying the government should go banging your door down telling you what to believe either, but there has to be a limit to what parents can do with their children. We have enough fucked up people in the world.

And anyone who slaughters beautiful , innocent wolves is disgusting in my book. Fuck that shit. I thought this American wolf genocide was over with.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I heard on the Non-prophets

I heard on the Non-prophets podcast about the father of her daughter's baby. Apparently they saw his MySpace page before he took it down (I'm sure the rethugs made it go away. ) It said stuff like "I'm just a redneck and just want to play hockey" and "Fuck you all! " That probably wouldn't have done wonders for his numbers. By the way, at the bottom it said "I don't want kids. " Wonder how they threatened him to get him to marry her - threat of Guanatanom Bay maybe?

They make it like it's so good they're getting married, but I would say that's making a bad choice worse. It's bad enough they're making a 17 year old have a baby, but now having a 17 year old marry an 18 year old? Who the fuck is ready for that kind of responsibility at that age??? And what if they don't love each other? Conservatives, especially the religious variety are SO fucked in the head!

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
The best video I've seen on

The best video I've seen on Palin's church yet.  Now the whole country just needs to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_1Eit0pxM

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
TonyZXT wrote:The best video

TonyZXT wrote:

The best video I've seen on Palin's church yet.  Now the whole country just needs to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_1Eit0pxM

WOW. This seals the deal for me. I don't want her anywhere near the Oval Office after seeing that.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The stench of sulfur is

The stench of sulfur is thick, and most every where. Sick 21st century schizoid people. The fact that moderates are ho hum about this stuff, is also why we see this psycho madness on the corrupt  FCC TV , 24/7 ..... geezz, this obvious delusion of religion is considered normal, because normal is retarded.

Give me control of the TV and media to fairly balance religion and right wing propaganda minute for minute with rational thinkers for 1000 days, and see what happens. Come on, take "take the power back" ....         

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Adnihilo , Wow, too cool, thanks, love that Twilight Zone parody. I am mailing that out.

Hey Thx, but you too can make up your own Christian parody version of the Rod Serling’s ‘Twilight Zone’ intro [click on it read his famous intro].

For the rest of my augmented version of the twilight zone intro go to a new article I finally got around to writing called Acirema Twilight Zone [click on it - I was finally pissed off enough to write a new article about the Feds not charging DEVOUT CHRISTIAN NeoNazis as terrorists for admittedly planning to assasinate Obama] or go to the top article on my  'Less Than Human' blog [cick - links open separate new browser]

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
AdnihiloThanks again friend.

Adnihilo

Thanks again friend. Super site. Scanning the home page I didn't see the Acirema T.Z. writing?

I see you've written a lot on the Corps, which I intend to read.

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU & Freethought Perspective

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Adnihilo

Thanks again friend. Super site. Scanning the home page I didn't see the Acirema T.Z. writing?

I see you've written a lot on the Corps, which I intend to read.

Thanks again for the nice compliment [without trying to sound too sappy;-] but ya can't miss that Acirema [America spelled backwards] Twilight Zone article right at the top with a red-blue map;-] I don't know what you mean by 'Corps'. Most of the articles are a bit old though as got out of the writing habit to instead do my Headlines of the Day.

Here's an old friend, Leland W. Ruble's new blog called Freethought Perspective - it's only [fairly] new to the web because he was the editor of a [paper] quarterly of the same name that he sent out FREE to 1000s of 'atheists, free thinkers, agnostics etc' for decades. It just got too expensive for him so I helped him out a bit advising him on what type of php blogs and portals to try.. There's some well known contributors there at Freethought Perspective like Dr William Harwood who has authored many 'anti-Christian' [or skeptic] books...

Do note that Leland also likes to print [or publish on line now] articles from 'non published' atheists, free thinkers, agnostics, etc, rather that just 'published' authors - so if ya got one or want to write one do feel free to send it to him at Freethought Perspective

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the additional

Thanks for the additional info. I keep this stuff in a folder .....

The 'Acirema' link takes me here,

http://lostvegas.us/LessThanHuman/?p=74

http://lostvegas.us/LessThanHuman/

"Corp oratism" Part 1 2 3 4

I did find it here, by googling the title,

A Rod Sterling style Intro to the Bible Belt Twilight Zone of 'Acirema'

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15228

.... thanks for writing your stuff ....