You better hope you are right in your mockery of God. [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
You better hope you are right in your mockery of God. [YOU RESPOND]

From: [removed email due to a request from the emailer, it was his work email, wouldn't want to get fired for being clueless in matters of science and philosophy I guess]
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:01 PM
Subject: [General Question] Prophesy

Ed Cassidy sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I found your website, looking for a book of prophesies fullfilled in Jesus.
 I was shocked at your mockery og God and His word, then I was brokenharted
for you to be so decieved.

Do you know that the odds of Jesus NOT being the prophesied Messiah is
about 1 in 1 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,
trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion trillion (virtually mathmatically
impossible). 

The Books of the Bible were written over thousands of years, in multiple
languages, and by approximately 40 different prophets that God spoke
through.  And yet through  all of this there are some 100 (or more)
rophesies that clearly foreshadow where the Messiah (Jesus Christ) would be
born, how He would be born, his misistry, that He would speak in parables,
His life, His death, his resurrection, and on and on and on.  How can this
have been possible without a higher being (our Lord) weaving it all
together through time.

History and Science has even proven the validity of the Bible.  So the
real question is do you believe Jesus claims about Himself.  That He was
God in the flesh, that came as our sacrificial lamb, to pay for the sins we
have committed towards God. 

The question is not did Jesus live, did He die on the cross for our sins,
did He raise to life and ascend into heaven as our Lord and Savior, and
will He grant us forgiveness of our sins (by the blood He shed on the
cross) - if we repent (turn from sin and surrender to Him as our Lord and
Savior).  The issue really is (for you and every human being) boiled down
to the same question Jesus asked Peter in the new Testament.  Jesus asked,
"Who do you say that I am?"  This very question will determine where you
spend eternity - heaven or hell. 

So you better hope you are right in your mockery of God on this website,
otherwise you are in for a real surprise the moment you pass from this
world. 

I hurts my heart to think that you have been confused and possibly
deceived (which comes from satan and his schemes - as also stated in the
Bible), and now you are relying on your own human, worldly wisdom to call
God a liar and yourself correct, simply because you do not have all the
facts or the faith.  But besides mocking God, your website also leads
others astray - which God commands us not to do.

Read Galatians 6, verses 7-8:  God can;t be mocked.  You will reap what
you sow.

I pray for you to study these things out further.

And please don;t think I'm some wack-job.  I can totally relate to most
people.  I spent the first 20 years of my life as a total partier, about 10
years as a religious Pharasee, but now see that submitting to Christ is the
only way to salvation - and an awesome life here on earth.  Not an "easy"
life, but an "awesome" one. 

In Galatians 5:28-  It lists the acts of the human sinful nature.  And in
the Book of Romans, God tells us that our sins have seperated us from God.
The Bible also clearly says in Acts 2 versus 38 that if we repent and are
baptised into Christ, the blood that Jesus shed on the cross for us will
attributed to us (as if we had never sinned).  You see God will punish your
sins.  Either in Christ (if you receive the free gift He is offering) or in
you (eternal damnation if you reject Christ).  The bloos of Jesus is the
only thing in all existance that can get us into heaven. 

Jesus was the prophesied Messia, the Savior. 

I would bet almost anything I own that you want to live your own life
without accountability (as your own lord - calling your own shots), and
thus you justify your sin by either ignoring what you know to be true
(deliberate rebellion toward God), or you have a lack of knowledge and are
decieved (by Satan and his schemes).  Either way, Jeses says "rpentor
perish".  He also says "you are either with Him or against Him".  He also
says that "He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to
the Father except by Him".  So you better hope you are right in your
current position, that God's word, the prophesies and Jesus are a joke,
becuse otherwise you will have eternity to sit in hell and wish you had
chosen otherwise, nad not led others astray with your website.  God says
that everyone will sit before the judgement seat of Christ to give an
account for their life.

I have prayed for you guys, and will continue to do so.  That God does not
hold your foolish arogance against you, as He did not hold against me.  But
the Bible says that there is a point in time when "your consious can become
siered as with a hot iron".  I hope you repent before that time, and save
your soul and your hearers.

Love in Christ,

Ed

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, god will not be mocked.

Yes, god will not be mocked. He sent bears to maul 42 children to death for calling a prophet bald so if the bible is true then you are correct. Atheists do not mock god, well maybe sometimes when whack jobs come in spouting non-sense such as virtually improbable mathematically jesus didn't exist.

Where I spend eternity is an unknown. Most likely it will be a state of nothingness as there is no proof heaven exists and the body cannot survive the death of the mind (and vice-versa). I don't believe in fate as a cosmic law but there are somethings in life that could be called "fate". If I were born in China in 100 c.e. then most likely my fate according to you is hell. Any god that judges someone by rather or not they have ever heard of jeebus is not one I would want to associate myself with. Actually Thor might be kind of cool, at least he produces lightning from the sky.

The people that come to this website are looking for answers just as you were (are). No one is told what to believe here but if by your drive by evangalism seek to convert pls feel free to join and discuss things in an intelligent manner and check the prosythelizing at the door.

BTW thanks for the concern Ed, however misplaced it is.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
 1- Glad you were brought

1- Glad you were brought to this website through your search for geesus prophecies --> JUST think of how many people see this place! OMG!

2-You claim shock at the mockery of gawd. We are equal opportunity mockers, I will assume with the word jesus in the first sentence you are speaking of the christian gawd.

3-As for the odds you state above regarding geesus being the messiah...I am not a math wizard but I would love to see the math you used to come to that statement.

4-The books of the bible were written over time, the stories were added and doesn't it bother you that you are using this argument to lend truth to the statement of geesus being prophecised as the messiah....many of the books were compiled and written AFTER his supposed existence.

5-Please list all the scientific and historic proof of your bibles validity.

6-You state: " the real issue is boiled down to the same question Jesus asked Peter in the new Testament. Jesus asked,
"Who do you say that I am?"

You state in the beginning of that same paragraph the question of Geesus' existence isn't even the real issue. Isn't that putting the cart before the horse?

7-I feel my heart break knowing that you live in fear of hell.

8-Your prayer would be in vain, isn't vanity one of those 'no-nos' from that book of yours? You would only be making yourself feel good because it doesn't matter a bit to us if you pray for us. As a matter of fact, don't pray for us, please pray for every man, woman and child starving in the world, all the animals that are abused and for all people with cancer. I look forward to seeing your results.

9-Where was your gawd for the 20 years you partied? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself that? And don't lie to yourself and say "oh he was only TESTING me" or my favorite "I only had to open my heart to let him in"

10-I love living life without accountability! I get to make my own decisions and not base everything I do off the threat of burning in a lake of fire for all eternity. Instead I get to use my MIND to make decisions as to what is right and what is wrong, not to mention what is culturally accepted and the laws that were created to support societal norms. 

What is really cool is when I get to eat babies...nom nom nom

Please continue to visit the site. Read through all the posts to find all the blasphemies against your gawd ... maybe, just maybe you will break through the wall that your belief has built up around you and let you see the world for yourself.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
We have as much to fear

We have as much to fear mocking your sky daddy as you would in mocking Thor or Micky Mouse. Just because you subscribe to a cheer leading club does not make the magical claims and naked assertion of such club true.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

TomJ
atheist
TomJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mock you!

We are not god mockers.  We are god-believer mockers.  Mock you!

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Do you know that the odds

"Do you know that the odds of Jesus NOT being the prophesied Messiah is about 1 in 1 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion trillion (virtually mathmatically impossible)."

I await the Bayesian analysis and the scriptural and historical bases that underpin it that supposedly led to this astounding figure. Until then, your numbers mean nothing, merely constituting an unjustified assertion.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

magilum
User is offlineOffline
 Ed, I think the odds are

Ed, I think the odds are good that you have more than a passing familiarity with Frito soup and tractor pulls.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:01 PM
Ed Cassidy sent a message using the contact form 

Ed wrote:
I found your website, looking for a book of prophesies fullfilled in Jesus. I was shocked at your mockery og God and His word, then I was brokenhartedfor you to be so decieved.
 A person lucky enough to find the RRS website should not feel shocked. It is a marvelous land of enlightenment during our times which are often disheartening and daunting, to say the least. I find myself neither misinformed nor misled when I embrace reality as we know it to be. 
Ed wrote:
Do you know that the odds of Jesus NOT being the prophesied Messiah isabout 1 in 1 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion trillion (virtually mathmaticallyimpossible).
 Please inform us how you determined this and/or update us with where this informative calculation can be found. I personally have heard similar claims from Christians that live in my town but they usually stop after the third or fourth “trillion”. Their claim is that the information can be accessed within the bible, yet none have been able to point directly to the passage or verses alluding to or stating such.     
Ed wrote:
The Books of the Bible were written over thousands of years, in multiplelanguages, and by approximately 40 different prophets that God spokethrough. And yet through all of this there are some 100 (or more)rophesies that clearly foreshadow where the Messiah (Jesus Christ) would beborn, how He would be born, his misistry, that He would speak in parables,His life, His death, his resurrection, and on and on and on. How can thishave been possible without a higher being (our Lord) weaving it alltogether through time.
 The fact that the books within the bible were written over a vast expanse of early human history should alert the rational, logical mind to the probability of errors and fraud being committed. If the lord is 'weaving it all together through time', then why isn’t he before us today? Why isn’t he appearing in our streets, in our homes and where we work and shop and play? If god appeared at a few certain points in history and never showed up the rest of the time, why would you so readily believe in him? How would an actual appearance by god hurt humanity? If he’s in hiding, what’s all the big mystery? Explain it to us.  
Ed wrote:
History and Science has even proven the validity of the Bible. So thereal question is do you believe Jesus claims about Himself. That He wasGod in the flesh, that came as our sacrificial lamb, to pay for the sins wehave committed towards God.
 No, sorry. Unless and until Jesus plops down on my sofa to discuss all the mystery and suspense I won’t believe. Neither should you. 
Ed wrote:
The question is not did Jesus live, did He die on the cross for our sins,did He raise to life and ascend into heaven as our Lord and Savior, andwill He grant us forgiveness of our sins (by the blood He shed on thecross) - if we repent (turn from sin and surrender to Him as our Lord andSavior). The issue really is (for you and every human being) boiled downto the same question Jesus asked Peter in the new Testament. Jesus asked,"Who do you say that I am?" This very question will determine where youspend eternity - heaven or hell.  So you better hope you are right in your mockery of God on this website,otherwise you are in for a real surprise the moment you pass from thisworld.
 You are making claims that are unsubstantiated. My hope is that you will come to know true free will, free rational thought and real purpose, rather than some fear of the horrible fairy tale of torture forever that some men imagined a long time ago.     
Ed wrote:
And please don;t think I'm some wack-job. I can totally relate to mostpeople. I spent the first 20 years of my life as a total partier, about 10years as a religious Pharasee, but now see that submitting to Christ is theonly way to salvation - and an awesome life here on earth. Not an "easy"life, but an "awesome" one.
  Sounds to me as though you are disconnected from reality, not in the “unable to function” sense…but disconnected nonetheless. From what I can tell, you are still partying. Only your hosts have changed.       
Ed wrote:
In Galatians 5:28- It lists the acts of the human sinful nature. And inthe Book of Romans, God tells us that our sins have seperated us from God.The Bible also clearly says in Acts 2 versus 38 that if we repent and arebaptised into Christ, the blood that Jesus shed on the cross for us willattributed to us (as if we had never sinned). You see God will punish yoursins. Either in Christ (if you receive the free gift He is offering) or inyou (eternal damnation if you reject Christ). The bloos of Jesus is theonly thing in all existance that can get us into heaven.
 Sin is commonly defined as a “violation of any religious law”. Why would you think an Atheist would have a belief in a matter regarding something he has already ruled out?Don’t get me wrong. People can commit evils and when they do so repeatedly, they should be identified, dare I say, christened as evil. But sin? Nope, it doesn’t exist, except in the intimidating religious world where the threat of punishment is meant to keep you from thinking for yourself.   
Ed wrote:
I would bet almost anything I own that you want to live your own lifewithout accountability (as your own lord - calling your own shots), andthus you justify your sin by either ignoring what you know to be true(deliberate rebellion toward God), or you have a lack of knowledge and aredecieved (by Satan and his schemes).
 Would Jesus approve of your betting? Beyond that, your statements here are so far off base that it’s beyond pathetic. It goes to show you do not know Atheists at all.   
Ed wrote:
I have prayed for you guys, and will continue to do so. That God does nothold your foolish arogance against you, as He did not hold against me. Butthe Bible says that there is a point in time when "your consious can becomesiered as with a hot iron". I hope you repent before that time, and saveyour soul and your hearers.
 If I believed in god, any god, I’d be praying for several things to happen for you.Not the least of which would be a desire to think critically and an ability to use spell check.  

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ed wrote:I found your

Ed wrote:

I found your website, looking for a book of prophesies fullfilled in Jesus.
 I was shocked at your mockery og God and His word, then I was brokenharted
for you to be so decieved.

Do you know that the odds of Jesus NOT being the prophesied Messiah is
about 1 in 1 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,
trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion trillion (virtually mathmatically
impossible). 

O...kay.... Now calculate the odds that 'messiah' means anything of major consequence to modern man.

Ed wrote:

The Books of the Bible were written over thousands of years, in multiple
languages, and by approximately 40 different prophets that God spoke
through.  And yet through  all of this there are some 100 (or more)
rophesies that clearly foreshadow where the Messiah (Jesus Christ) would be
born, how He would be born, his misistry, that He would speak in parables,
His life, His death, his resurrection, and on and on and on.  How can this
have been possible without a higher being (our Lord) weaving it all
together through time.

Easy, it's called an ad hoc hypothesis it's what you use to turn older biblical legends into prophesies of later biblical figures when they can reasonably be shown to not be anything of the sort - example

Ed wrote:

History and Science has even proven the validity of the Bible. 

No it hasn't. What more can I say? this is a ridiculous assertion.

Ed wrote:

I pray for you to study these things out further.

Declaring your intent to pray may contribute to worsening the original condition - see this study in the American heart journal, 2006 Apr, 151(4):934-42 - copy of extract available here . I would ask you to please stop declaring your intent to pray for others.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ed Cassidy wrote:Do you know

Ed Cassidy wrote:
Do you know that the odds of Jesus NOT being the prophesied Messiah is about 1 in 1 trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion trillion (virtually mathmatically

impossible).

Ladies and gentlemen: This illustrates the reason lotteries do so well.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Yep !!

They're making a left turn.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Who do you say that I

"Who do you say that I am?"  This very question will determine where you
spend eternity - heaven or hell." ~ OP //// 

I AM the Christ, and the Devil's books are many, as is the Bible and Koran .... I never wrote a single word .... there was no need , as my message was simple,  "I am god as YOU" ....

Who do you say I AM ? Who do you say YOU are ? Idol worship is the design of the Devil ....

I AM condemned to be what I AM, GOD .... no choice about it .... fuck religion dogma. God of Abraham is the enemy of earth.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ed wrote:worldly wisdom to

Ed wrote:

worldly wisdom to call
God a liar and yourself correct

Do you understand what atheist means? We are not calling 'God' a liar, God does not exist. Christians are liars.

Christians lie that any god communitcates with you.

Christians lie that any god performs miracles or answers prayers.

There is nothing 'awesome' about your life of delusion and 'believing' out of fear.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen