Why do we need proof when you don't even have fossils?! [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why do we need proof when you don't even have fossils?! [YOU RESPOND]

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:59 AM
Subject: [General Question] show evidence?

KJ Herr sent a message using the contact form at http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Dear Mr. Brian

Hello My name is KJ Herr, I had a question about something you mentioned in one of your videos. In the video "We respond rational to irrational claims from Way of the Master" you had said that you would believe in the ten commandments if there was a proof, or if he had a piece of the tablets. Could you please inform me on why he has to provide an actual piece of evidence of the ten commandments when you could not provide a fossil showing the time when there was a in between species. aka the missing link. And also when there has been evidence such as the Dead Sea Scrolls shown to be acurate to parts of the Bible that were found. You may not believe in God but I know he exists because he gave me a gift of being able to read the sound of voices. and in watching this video, i could here something in your voice. thank you Mr. Brian and please respond.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
KJ, darlin', just how many

KJ, darlin', just how many "transitional" fossils do we need to present to folks like you before you understand? There is no missing link. There is mountains of evidence backing up evolution, and not a single slip of evidence for "god".

The similarities between some of the writings of the dead sea scrolls and the bible prove nothing other than folks were telling one another similar stories during that period.

I'm intruiged by this claim of "being able to read the sound of voices". I assume you don't mean "listening" as your phrasing suggests (I can do that!). What did you hear in Brian's voice? I thought I heard a little bit of pitty for the poor deluded twit at Way of the Master. Whas that what you heard?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:KJ, darlin',

JillSwift wrote:

KJ, darlin', just how many "transitional" fossils do we need to present to folks like you before you understand? There is no missing link. There is mountains of evidence backing up evolution, and not a single slip of evidence for "god".

The similarities between some of the writings of the dead sea scrolls and the bible prove nothing other than folks were telling one another similar stories during that period.

I'm intruiged by this claim of "being able to read the sound of voices". I assume you don't mean "listening" as your phrasing suggests (I can do that!). What did you hear in Brian's voice? I thought I heard a little bit of pitty for the poor deluded twit at Way of the Master. Whas that what you heard?

Jill,

I get the feeling that until and unless KJ sees Ray and Kirk's crocoduck he won't ever beleieve what science brings to the table.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Jill,I get

jcgadfly wrote:
Jill,

I get the feeling that until and unless KJ sees Ray and Kirk's crocoduck he won't ever beleieve what science brings to the table.

You make me weep, but your words ring true.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Hmac
Hmac's picture
User is offlineOffline
Every creature that has ever

Every creature that has ever lived has been a "transitional form" between its parents and its offspring.

There are fossils that show features of different species; amphibians and reptiles, or reptiles and mammals, for example.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

Good site for "transitionals" Pay close attention to Archaeopteryx Looks a lot likt Kirt's "Crockoduck".

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
"And also when there has

"And also when there has been evidence such as the Dead Sea Scrolls shown to be acurate to parts of the Bible that were found."

I don't think anyone here will argue that the Bible exists. It is the main character in the book that is in question.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/