Highlights from my AIM Debate, you will laugh

Josh Clarke
Superfan
Josh Clarke's picture
User is offlineOffline
Highlights from my AIM Debate, you will laugh

Here is the whole thing if you want alot of entertainment "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Jesus%20Debate%20With%20Idiots.html" Not sure if you can access this from my documents... probably not. Laughing out loud Oh well, if you want more I will put the whole thing up.   "PaintChipsChild (12:42:12 AM): You have made so many "Arguments from Ignorance" that I don't even want to try and say them all PaintChipsChild (12:42:44 AM): Your accepting that God is real because you accept the Bible is real because God said it was. The bible holds no authority without Gods existence and God doesn't exist without the Bible. Thats very circular of you. Please stop using "God" in your arguments for morality and ethics.
DragonChamp03 (12:42:44 AM): what you think of as ignorance... i think of as my rock DragonChamp03 (12:42:47 AM): my foundation"

LOL

"

PaintChipsChild (12:47:36 AM): but let me get this straight... faith > evidence? PaintChipsChild (12:47:43 AM): because thats what your saying... PaintChipsChild (12:49:20 AM): Your saying that I shouldn't agree with research but I should go ahead and accept God is true because bible says so? PaintChipsChild (12:49:42 AM): Gods word is final then? DragonChamp03 (12:49:48 AM): yes PaintChipsChild (12:49:59 AM): So faith will always be greater than evidence PaintChipsChild (12:50:15 AM): no matter how much we understand something it will not matter because faith PaintChipsChild (12:50:55 AM): don't refernce God in your rebute DragonChamp03 (12:51:02 AM): why is it that you have SOOOO much evidence to prove Christianity wrong? unless you know it is at least semi-plausible if not more PaintChipsChild (12:51:54 AM): I personally have no tiny shread of "evidence to prove Christianity wrong". I wish I did, I really do. Noone has anything that powerful, and noone has anything of the contrairy. PaintChipsChild (12:52:01 AM): But PaintChipsChild (12:52:17 AM): I do take this personally because I have seen and accept the view that religion is a burden to mankind PaintChipsChild (12:52:44 AM): I love mankind and humanity so dearly that if I could eridacte such a rediculous thing off the face of the earth I would. But noone ever will" "PaintChipsChild (10:58:31 PM): Great, lets discuss both sides using this book as a accepted premis? PaintChipsChild (10:58:53 PM): This fellow Jesus, was a good man you say? PaintChipsChild (10:59:33 PM): What was he like do you think? PaintChipsChild (11:00:44 PM): Was he a humanist? PaintChipsChild (11:01:04 PM): By that I mean do you think he valued human life above all else, and would do whatever he could to help people and keep them from dieing? DragonChamp03 (11:01:53 PM): when you say dieing do you mean physically or spiritually? PaintChipsChild (11:02:45 PM): Physically of course, spirituality is something humans have created as a product of our larger brains allowing us to reason and have a non-static conciousness but that aside, do you think he would WANT people to die? PaintChipsChild (11:03:08 PM): If he held power, do you think he would kill people that disagreed with him? Or was that against his teachings? DragonChamp03 (11:04:23 PM): from what i know...and have been told many times is that he wants none to perish but all to come to salvation and eternal life whoaaitskatie09 (11:05:46 PM): The Bible says that "God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have ever lasting life.. JOhn 3:16 PaintChipsChild (11:05:59 PM): Thanks, but I mean Jesus in a physical sense PaintChipsChild (11:06:06 PM): would he want people to die? whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:14 PM): God's world was perfect befoe the fall of man PaintChipsChild (11:06:15 PM): better yet, if given the chance, would he order death? whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:25 PM): he did not create or condone death whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:50 PM): death is a product of sin and disobedience PaintChipsChild (11:07:04 PM): "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them -- bring them here and kill them in fron of me." Jesus - Luke 19:26 PaintChipsChild (11:07:35 PM): Sorry for the typo "front*" PaintChipsChild (11:08:00 PM): get your bible and double check. But one thing cannot be that he wouldn't want death and he would order the death of people who didn't want him to be king. PaintChipsChild (11:08:06 PM): thats impossible" rofl I have to go back to work my friends, I will post more highlights later. Feel free to comment. I'm sure I said some stupid stuff too but seriously.... I did use some Richard Dawkins without properly citing and I'm sorry for that but I was in the moment. All the Dawkins used was from "The God Delusion" chapters Why God Does/Doesn't Exist. Sorry for poor citation skills.

We pop theist like Orville Redenbacher!

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Josh,I took the liberty

Hey, Josh,

I took the liberty of cleaning it up a bit. Hope you don't mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PaintChipsChild (12:42:12 AM): You have made so many "Arguments from Ignorance" that I don't even want to try and say them all

PaintChipsChild (12:42:44 AM): Your accepting that God is real because you accept the Bible is real because God said it was. The bible holds no authority without Gods existence and God doesn't exist without the Bible. Thats very circular of you. Please stop using "God" in your arguments for morality and ethics.

DragonChamp03 (12:42:44 AM): what you think of as ignorance... i think of as my rock

DragonChamp03 (12:42:47 AM): my foundation

PaintChipsChild (12:47:36 AM): but let me get this straight... faith > evidence?

PaintChipsChild (12:47:43 AM): because thats what your saying...

PaintChipsChild (12:49:20 AM): Your saying that I shouldn't agree with research but I should go ahead and accept God is true because bible says so?

PaintChipsChild (12:49:42 AM): Gods word is final then?

DragonChamp03 (12:49:48 AM): yes

PaintChipsChild (12:49:59 AM): So faith will always be greater than evidence

PaintChipsChild (12:50:15 AM): no matter how much we understand something it will not matter because faith

PaintChipsChild (12:50:55 AM): don't refernce God in your rebute

DragonChamp03 (12:51:02 AM): why is it that you have SOOOO much evidence to prove Christianity wrong? unless you know it is at least semi-plausible if not more

PaintChipsChild (12:51:54 AM): I personally have no tiny shread of "evidence to prove Christianity wrong". I wish I did, I really do. Noone has anything that powerful, and noone has anything of the contrairy.

PaintChipsChild (12:52:01 AM): But

PaintChipsChild (12:52:17 AM): I do take this personally because I have seen and accept the view that religion is a burden to mankind

PaintChipsChild (12:52:44 AM): I love mankind and humanity so dearly that if I could eridacte such a rediculous thing off the face of the earth I would. But noone ever will" "

PaintChipsChild (10:58:31 PM): Great, lets discuss both sides using this book as a accepted premis?

PaintChipsChild (10:58:53 PM): This fellow Jesus, was a good man you say?

PaintChipsChild (10:59:33 PM): What was he like do you think?

PaintChipsChild (11:00:44 PM): Was he a humanist?

PaintChipsChild (11:01:04 PM): By that I mean do you think he valued human life above all else, and would do whatever he could to help people and keep them from dieing?

DragonChamp03 (11:01:53 PM): when you say dieing do you mean physically or spiritually?

PaintChipsChild (11:02:45 PM): Physically of course, spirituality is something humans have created as a product of our larger brains allowing us to reason and have a non-static conciousness but that aside, do you think he would WANT people to die?

PaintChipsChild (11:03:08 PM): If he held power, do you think he would kill people that disagreed with him? Or was that against his teachings?

DragonChamp03 (11:04:23 PM): from what i know...and have been told many times is that he wants none to perish but all to come to salvation and eternal life

whoaaitskatie09 (11:05:46 PM): The Bible says that "God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have ever lasting life.." JOhn 3:16

PaintChipsChild (11:05:59 PM): Thanks, but I mean Jesus in a physical sense

PaintChipsChild (11:06:06 PM): would he want people to die?

whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:14 PM): God's world was perfect befoe the fall of man

PaintChipsChild (11:06:15 PM): better yet, if given the chance, would he order death?

whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:25 PM): he did not create or condone death

whoaaitskatie09 (11:06:50 PM): death is a product of sin and disobedience

PaintChipsChild (11:07:04 PM): "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them -- bring them here and kill them in fron of me." Jesus - Luke 19:26

PaintChipsChild (11:07:35 PM): Sorry for the typo "front*"

PaintChipsChild (11:08:00 PM): get your bible and double check. But one thing cannot be that he wouldn't want death and he would order the death of people who didn't want him to be king.

PaintChipsChild (11:08:06 PM): thats impossible" rofl I have to go back to work my friends, I will post more highlights later. Feel free to comment. I'm sure I said some stupid stuff too but seriously.... I did use some Richard Dawkins without properly citing and I'm sorry for that but I was in the moment. All the Dawkins used was from "The God Delusion" chapters Why God Does/Doesn't Exist. Sorry for poor citation skills.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Josh Clarke
Superfan
Josh Clarke's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol, thanks. I had to get

lol, thanks. I had to get back to work in like 10 minutes and I live about 6-10 away. Still, a funny bit of conversation.

We pop theist like Orville Redenbacher!