Guardian Angels

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guardian Angels

Can anyone that understands the religious mind explain these pictures to me? I used to see these pictures all around my home and church when I was a kid. Are they telling me I can do whatever the fuck I want(like play around cliffs and walk over unsafe bridges) and not die cause I got a guardian angel? If I a child falls over a cliff and dies, does that just mean they had a angle that sucked? Why can't gawd just keep me from dieing if that's his will? Why does he need surrogates? Are guardian angels always blond chicks?

Where are the parents? Shouldn't the parents of these children be arrested for child endangerment and the children placed in foster care, instead of being used to promote religion?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Looks like the angel is

Looks like the angel is ready to push them off.

DS and Richard would be proud.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Looks like

jcgadfly wrote:

Good point, a good angel would be ready to catch them when they fall over. Looks like they'll die before she can catch them. Those wings don't look strong enough to move her around very quickly either.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You raise an interesting

You raise an interesting concept - could telling kids this shit encourage them not to refrain from dangerous, even reckless, behavior? If they think they can run across the street and their guardian angel will protect them they are likely to be hit by a car. I have to agree with George Carlin's comments on people believing in angels.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Looks like

jcgadfly wrote:

DS and Richard would be proud.

We are... we are very proud...

Now then... just so every body finally gets it through their heads...

Guardian Angels dont have wings...

They have Barret .50 Cal's

Now... you have to ask yourself a question...

Which would you rather have watching over you?

(because feeling lucky is no longer relavent with this guy on you side

What Would Kharn Do?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guardian angels

Didn't you hear, direct from the middle ages ( or modern day Iran)  10,000 angels can stand on the head of a pin.  No doubt about it or we burn you to a steak (ham, salami, pepperoni,or sausage) with A1 sauce;   hold the mayo!          I would rather have the guy with the .50 caliber sub-sionic long range sniper special, but only if he is trained by Canada's best the JSTF II  (rated best in the world by NATO & Janes'  Monthly)   Don't worry Yanks most US troops are now being trained by the JSTF II.

JSTF II   (Joint Special Task Force    unit  II)   I  don't  know why but there never was a number one.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?