Thread moved. [Trollville]

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Thread moved. [Trollville]

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/13564

The above thread was opened in the appropriate forum and was moved to Trollville.

The OP asks a couple of extremely simple questions.

Moving the thread seems excessive to say the least. What is the rationale for such a move?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dunno?

Maybe it was your perceived trolling on the cult thread, who knows?

I think Rook read your thread, because he did make a blog entry about his book.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/book_status_41608

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
I was most certainly not

I was most certainly not trolling in that thread and I defy anyone to show where I was.

The fact that Rook has answered one of the questions I asked shows that my questions were valid. To immediately throw a thread into Trollville while simultaneously answering one of the questions asked in it smacks to me of irrationality.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know who moved your

I don't know who moved your thread, but my best guess is they figured you for a troll because you seem to have the same agenda as other trolls.  Everything you've talked about so far seems to center around the standard attacks on our credibility.Here's the thing.  We're here to end theism.  If you don't like our methods, that's fine.  If you don't think theism is a mind disease, that's fine.  If you don't want to buy Rook's book, don't.  (He's still working on it.  It's going to be a long process because it's intensely detailed.  It hasn't been rejected from peer review.)In the meantime, do you have anything you want to talk about that doesn't seem bent on making us look bad?  'Cause we're not going to waste time dickering over things like that.  If you like us, fine.  If you don't, fine.In my judgement, you're on the verge of troll status.  If you'd like to be nice and at least pretend to be friends for a while, I'll consider whether or not you get the Troll-o-matic curse. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I don't

Hambydammit wrote:

I don't know who moved your thread, but my best guess is they figured you for a troll because you seem to have the same agenda as other trolls. 

Ahah. So it's shoot first, ask questions later. Nice attitude.
Hambydammit wrote:
Everything you've talked about so far seems to center around the standard attacks on our credibility.
The credibility of RRS is a very valid subject and one which it is appropriate to raise, and it's one which the core RRS members need to be aware of. I'm not the only one to ask questions, and the response is indicative of a group who is not prepared to address real questions - questions which will be asked by many other people.
Hambydammit wrote:

Here's the thing.  We're here to end theism.

A foolish aim, and one which you will never possibly achieve. Theism is far too deeply-rooted in society at this stage.
Hambydammit wrote:
  If you don't like our methods, that's fine. 
I'm well aware of criticism of your methods, but you will notice that I haven't tackled those. It's not your strategy that I object to, it's your tactics.
Hambydammit wrote:
If you don't think theism is a mind disease, that's fine. 
Of course it isn't a mind disease; to claim so is a lie. Kelly herself has admitted that it's merely a meme which she wants to spread. The problem is that spreading a lie like this makes ellow atheists look bad, and it undermines completely your own integrity and by association the integrity of other atheists.
Hambydammit wrote:
If you don't want to buy Rook's book, don't.  (He's still working on it.  It's going to be a long process because it's intensely detailed.  It hasn't been rejected from peer review.)
It hasn't been rejected because it hasn't been submitted.
Hambydammit wrote:

In the meantime, do you have anything you want to talk about that doesn't seem bent on making us look bad?

My topics are raised with the specific intent of showing where there could be some reinement of tactics which could lead to an improvement in how you are percceived.
Hambydammit wrote:
  'Cause we're not going to waste time dickering over things like that.  If you like us, fine.  If you don't, fine.
One thing that you comfortably do as a group is to take on criticism and not be seen to shoot the messenger in quite such a reflexive manner.

In my judgement, you're on the verge of troll status.  If you'd like to be nice and at least pretend to be friends for a while, I'll consider whether or not you get the Troll-o-matic curse.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok. I know where you stand

Ok.  I know where you stand now.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism