Christianist Shoe On Islamist Foot and Guess Who Is Pissed?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christianist Shoe On Islamist Foot and Guess Who Is Pissed?

I found this article about Muslim school prayer on PZ Meyer's Pharyngula Blog and thought I would weigh in.

Basically its an ironic article about a Muslim Charter(public) School in Minnesota that is allowing, neigh forcing prayer, in a publicly founded school. According to Meyers, the author, "Katherine Kersten, who is a far right-wing kook with a history of hypocrisy... I am actually quite happy to see her and her fellow Christianists tearing their hair out in anxiety over the existence of a culturally Islamic school in our midst — maybe (but I doubt this a bit) they are actually getting a vague idea of what it feels like to be non-Christian in America, and watch as the schools are blithely used as organs of theological propaganda while the administrators claim they are not."

My favorite quote from the piece was: "The prayer I saw was not voluntary," Getz said. "The kids were corralled by adults and required to go to the assembly where prayer occurred." Lol, I just had a flashback to JesusCamp when I read this.

This is definitely a situation where the shoe is on the other foot, and the backlash will be seen as an affront to Christians that are being denied access to prayer in school while Muslims are allowed ample access to pray. I wholeheartedly disagree with what this charter school is doing and hope they lose public funding if they are in fact guilty of what this article purports. I just wonder if any Christians that are trying to get prayer back in the schools will actually try and side with the Muslim school as a means of giving support to their own prayers in charter schools where Christians dominate the landscape.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Many times I have

Many times I have said,christians are masters of irony. It is a good idea in that it might get xtians to look outside their jesus bubble for a minute.Still, children shouldn't have to pray to any god.

I'd like to see them do the same thing with ID. If xtians want creationsim taught,fine. But we'll teach every other creation story too. I think there would be at least 2,000? School days would be lengthed to accomadate the extra curriculum, holidays reduced etc. How happy would all the xtian teens that don't like getting taught evolution be then?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Top ten myths

Here is a cool article I found on the top ten creation myths. We could probably cut it down to 10, after you read the first one, they all seem completely ludicrous.

top 10 creation myths

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's so crazy. The first

That's so crazy. The first comment after the Thor story is how evolution is the biggest creation story and takes the most faith. So that person would rather believe that Thor did it? Why is it some people just need a god..any god it appears.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Decoding the past ) Secrets

Decoding the past ) Secrets of the Koran... History Channel , 1hr 30 min , so much like stupid Xainity ....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3984485498533820519&q=Decoding+the+Past+Secrets+of+the+Koran&total=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

GO SCIENCE ..... sorry for the google http thread stretch, but the message that the religious are prejudice is important.  All is fucking ONE ..... one , ONE !

Maybe a rrs mod can fix this stretch .... and explain how to create links , yeah, me is stupid and lazy ....... 

, and fuck all you religious people , yeah, all of you religious hypocrites .....  FUCK YOU     

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cool

Yeah I saw this four part "Decoding the Past" about Secrets of the Inquisition that was quite fascinating, I'll try to check that out.