anti islam in the Netherlands

xtien
User is offlineOffline
anti islam in the Netherlands

I am worried about things that are happening in the Netherlands. There's this MP who made a youtube movie criticizing islam. Almost everyone is accusing him of being a racist, but if you listen to what he says and if you watch his movie, he's criticizing islam. One of his points is that if no muslims speak out against acts of terrorism committed in the name of islam, you have to assume they don't disagree.

I don't agree with this MP's political opinions but I do think he has a point. There's others, like Pat Condell, who make the same point. But I'd like them to put their islam criticism in an anti religion context so they can't be accused of being racists. Christianity has had their inquisition, which was as cruel as today's islam terrorists.

I am very worried about the Dutch govt urging an MP to give up freedom of speech in order not to offend islam. Companies are threatening to sue the MP for the damages in trade with Arab countries. Isn't this weird? Shouldn't freedom of speech  prevale over religion?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:One of his points is

Quote:

One of his points is that if no muslims speak out against acts of terrorism committed in the name of islam, you have to assume they don't disagree.

A five second google search produced:

http://www.freemuslims.org/about/

There muslims speaking out against muslim violence.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
A Google search is fine, it

A Google search is fine, it came up with a website......

How many times have we seen hundreds of thousands in the street decrying the awful image of islam due to its violent but small minority.

Never. The reason? They'll get killed for it.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

xtien
User is offlineOffline
My point is that people all

My point is that people all over Europe, but especially in Holland, value religion more than freedom.