RRS Blowback with violence?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS Blowback with violence?

I was just wondering if any of the creators or people contributing to the website through content have been credibly threatened with violence as a result of expressing one's views related to responding rationally? I write this as an American reflecting on the Theo Van Gogh incident.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes,Brian(Sapient) received

Yes,Brian(Sapient) received at least one serious death threat. If I remember right, the person knew all about his son and everything. That's why he no longer uses his real name.

There are also the scores of letters in the mailbag section wanting to kill atheists. Obviously those people can't do anything past writing bad letters, but I'm always amazed at christian love.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that is scary. Thanks

Wow, that is scary. Thanks for the response.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had someone find my

I had someone find my ultra-personal email address about a year ago and tell me that the earthly hand of god's justice was going to find me.  I took that as a threat.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Here are some less serious

Here are some less serious letters we've received.  The problem with death threats is that generally the people who are actually willing to kill are not going to give you advance notice.  Generally the people talking shit are not the ones you fear, they are merely a gauge for how many people out there would actually wish harm upon you, and be willing to deliver it.    The Rational Response Squad installed a $5,000 alarm system over the last few weeks (special thanks to my father, k9sbyte, and our anonymous investor who all contributed money).  The alarm was installed due to safety indicators that would take dozens of hours to explain, if not even longer.  A month or two ago we felt our security risk had reached a new high and we wouldn't even have a specific life threat to point you to as motive, it's a puzzle you fit together to determine your real risk. We feel abundantly safer with this intense security system.  We try to live as if there is nothing to worry about... while we look over our shoulder.  ----- Original Message ----- From:

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:07 PM

Subject: [General Question] Prophesy  

> Joshua Knode sent a message using the contact form at

> http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > In five days you will know there is a God. Be Ready >     Original Message -----------------

From: Madden   (we actually had this guy on the show to challenge him, he backed down and claimed he was high on something)

Date: Aug 18, 2006 7:31 PM

hey you fuckers got to stop trying to get people to stop beliving in there faith you can be an athiest but dont try to get people to stop beliving in there faith its just wrong do anything like this agin and ill fucking kill you you fuckin nazi bastards

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Aug 22, 2006 7:08 PM

hahaha you fucking lame limp DICKS!       ----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Aug 25, 2006 5:25 PM

fuck you nigga. i believe in god. you heathen mother fuckers go to hell.

you liberal mother fucken peices of shit are useless. take your welfare, you complaining and bitching and go fuck yourself

Date: Aug 25, 2006 3:03 PM

you think your so smart...dont you? i cant wait untill you die, i can not wait untill you see how stupid you have been. i can not wait untill lucifer laughs at you...

Date: Aug 27, 2006 12:59 PM

FUCK YALL DEVIL WORSHIPIN BASTERDS!!!  

YALL BETTER BELIEVE IN GOD

CUZ THE WORLD AINT GON BE YOURS 4 MUCH LONGER!!!             ----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Sep 6, 2006 4:08 PM

your fucking idiot and i hope you get hit by a bus with a giant sheet of lsd on the front of it you arrogant irrational asshole

----- Original Message ----- From: Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:46 AM

Subject: [Hate Mail] FUCQ YOU AND YOUR PIECE OF SHT ORGANIZATION

> Larry sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. >

> You are another ignorant atheistic, clueless group. Just don't make the

> mistake of spreading your filth within my visual/physical vicinity.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
These loving christians make

These loving christians make me feel warm and happy inside.A little more effort and they'll be just as loving and tolerant as islamic terrorists.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yes, those were some

Yes, those were some seriously articulate and eloquent threats. I can only hope that those who wish to do you harm are as capable in violence as they are in spelling and grammar.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Come on, hatemailers. Bring

Come on, hatemailers. Bring it on:

You can find me at: 54°43'37.30"N   25°19'52.50"E

I will be there Laughing out loud

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Your near the

Your near the Romanian-Bulgarian border?

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
What? No! Look at google

What? No!

Look at google maps, it shows exactly what building i am in. I am in Lithuania, Vilnius

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Okay got it.

Okay got it.