World's First Pregnant Man (and it's not Arnold Schwarzenegger!)

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
World's First Pregnant Man (and it's not Arnold Schwarzenegger!)

Oh noes! The men are stealing womens' right to bitch about stuff!

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

Check out the "I am appalled" comments. Good luck finding one that doesn't have to do with male pregnancy being "against God and the bible".

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Oh

Archeopteryx wrote:

Oh noes! The men are stealing womens' right to bitch about stuff!

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

Check out the "I am appalled" comments. Good luck finding one that doesn't have to do with male pregnancy being "against God and the bible".

WoW. I can't decide if I think Lee is brave or stupid, brave because he can suffer a lot as a result of the delivery procedure, or stupid because this is all a bit crazy in reality, he's going to feel all the little intracacies of being the mother/father of one of the biggest scientific novelties of our time if he succeeds. All power to him, but I don't envy the pressure and confusion that could plague his life and his baby's life for it.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:   All power

Eloise wrote:

All power to him, but I don't envy the pressure and confusion that could plague his life and his baby's life for it.

Like being told that he's doing the work of Satan and his child is probably Dameon, etc...

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:Eloise

Archeopteryx wrote:

Eloise wrote:

All power to him, but I don't envy the pressure and confusion that could plague his life and his baby's life for it.

Like being told that he's doing the work of Satan and his child is probably Dameon, etc...

Well I was thinking along the lines of unrelenting attention in general, rather than any specific brand of attention. Though since you mention it, yeah, that will probably be half the battle for him and whoever is supporting him - ensuring that the kid grows up feeling it has a right to exist against all those sorts of rants.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Wait a minute.  Jesus had

Wait a minute.  Jesus had an earthly mother but no earthly father.

This baby will have an earthly father but no earthly mother.

It's the fucking anti-christ!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holey crap! That fellow's

Holey crap! That fellow's been pregnant for a long time!

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Note that the 'I'm appalled'

Note that the 'I'm appalled' comments form theists mostly have bad spelling and caps lock abuse. Just like the letters we get. Why is the always think caps lock will get their point across and save everyones soul..

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Is this for real? No.

Quote:

Is this for real? No. It is, like its sister site at http://www.genochoice.com (where you can "Create your own genetically healthy child online!&quotEye-wink, an exercise in speculative fantasy. Follow the links from the "Credits" section, and eventually you'll find a disclaimer which reads:

This site ("Site&quotEye-wink was created to be an exploration of a very likely scenario that may one day result from new advances in biotechnology and infertility treatments. The Site itself does not provide actual commercial services, and the information contained on the Site is not represented as being factually accurate. This is a fictitious web site created by a single artist.

http://allscrubbedup.blogspot.com/2007/08/male-pregnancy-true-or-hoax.html

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Quote:Is this

Watcher wrote:

Quote:

Is this for real? No. It is, like its sister site at http://www.genochoice.com (where you can "Create your own genetically healthy child online!&quotEye-wink, an exercise in speculative fantasy. Follow the links from the "Credits" section, and eventually you'll find a disclaimer which reads:

This site ("Site&quotEye-wink was created to be an exploration of a very likely scenario that may one day result from new advances in biotechnology and infertility treatments. The Site itself does not provide actual commercial services, and the information contained on the Site is not represented as being factually accurate. This is a fictitious web site created by a single artist.

http://allscrubbedup.blogspot.com/2007/08/male-pregnancy-true-or-hoax.html

I've been so had by this. One look around the others parts of the site confirms its all made up, but I didn't bother to do that, the male preganacy thing is pretty convincingly done. Oh well.....

For anyone who's not quite sure, the site does have a (well hidden) disclaimer regardiong the factualness of their stories - it took some searching to find it on their google listing :

RYT Hospital - Dwayne Medical Center : All the Miracles of Modern ...

Innovative miracles of modern medicine, such as nanodocs. [Contains fictitious information]

www.rythospital.com/ - 9k

-

Cached - Similar pages - Note this
About UsClyven Transgenic MouseContact UsDisclaimerPhineas LiuPatient CareNanodocsResearch
More results from rythospital.com »

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah, damn! One of my atheist

Ah, damn! One of my atheist friends linked me to the site. She rick-rolled me the other day, so I suppose this is to be expected.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn I feel silly now. I

Damn I feel silly now. I think I put a about too much trust into thinking anything posted on RRS must be tried and true

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Watcher! You ruined

Watcher! You ruined everything forever!

Why do some people feel like they have to question and fact-check everything? Such pessimists!

What if believing there is a pregnant man makes me happy, Watcher? You're not going to take away my happiness, are you?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx

Archeopteryx wrote:

Watcher! You ruined everything forever!

Why do some people feel like they have to question and fact-check everything? Such pessimists!

What if believing there is a pregnant man makes me happy, Watcher? You're not going to take away my happiness, are you?

LOL

Hey, I fell for it too.  My coworker figured it out.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Clearly us atheists can be

Clearly us atheists can be had too. I was on the edge of falling for it, but I still remained sceptical. I think I would've heard of this if it had happened. Seeing as the latest thing Catholics are outraged about here is Gordon Brown's embryology bill, which will allow animal/human hybrid embryos to be tested on, I think male pregnancy would've stolen all the attention.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It's generally good to be

It's generally good to be skeptical of any scientific news that isn't coming from a .edu or a .org.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just wonder what the point

I just wonder what the point of making such a website is. I mean sure its fun to fool people, but really can't it wait till April 1st?

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
awesome website

awesome website