Adam And Eve, incestuous?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adam And Eve, incestuous?

IF Eve came from Adam's rib, wouldn't that mean they shared the same DNA?(Of course I don't buy this crap story) but knowing what we know about DNA wouldn't that make Adam and Eve incestuous?

If this is not the case, wouldn't it be better if God made Eve from dirt independently, without Adam's rib? (Not speaking as if I believe this crap, just merely arguing that the logic of the story makes no sense)

What DOES make sense is that women were, back in ancient times, were subordinates to men. So the Eve character had to be dependent on the male "IE" need HIS resources "rib" to survive "life".

The Adam and Eve story is not a page out of history, it is a myth reflecting the culture of the people who wrote it.

BTW FOLKS, your OT is based on Hebrew scripture and most Jews do NOT claim that EVE was the first woman.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wasn't Lilith supposed to be

Wasn't Lilith supposed to be the first woman? She doesn't get much air time in the "buybull" for being the first woman, goddamn eve gets all the credit

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
My question is... when does

My question is... when does it stop becoming incest/inbreeding... when going from 2 --> 6.5+billion?

What Would Kharn Do?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:Wasn't

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

Wasn't Lilith supposed to be the first woman? She doesn't get much air time in the "buybull" for being the first woman, goddamn eve gets all the credit

You are the new Jeopardy Champion.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:Wasn't

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

That's because Lilith wasn't submissive to Adam, and eventually gets herself banished off into Nod. The Christian Bible, concerned as it is with maintaining order and adhering to Paul's admonishments for women to be submissive to their husbands, focuses on Eve. Lilith, though, could be looked at as the solution to the 'male and female, he created them' contradiction.

Ah, Paul... an unmarried man and career misogynist giving marital advice...

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Cali_Athiest2

Brian37 wrote:

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

You are the new Jeopardy Champion.

Sweet........ picks up fake check and gives it to fake preacherman on the tele

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:Cali_Athiest2

BMcD wrote:

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

That's because Lilith wasn't submissive to Adam, and eventually gets herself banished off into Nod. The Christian Bible, concerned as it is with maintaining order and adhering to Paul's admonishments for women to be submissive to their husbands, focuses on Eve. Lilith, though, could be looked at as the solution to the 'male and female, he created them' contradiction.

Ah, Paul... an unmarried man and career misogynist giving marital advice...

She's kinda like those pesky books mentioned in the bible, but just couldn't quite make it into the canon. Yeah you hear about the crazy bitch........ but here comes lil miss goody 2 shoes ruining it for women for centuries. Imagine Lilith as the first feminist, only naked. Wonder if Lilith from Frazier got her name from the "buybull"?

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:She's

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

She's kinda like those pesky books mentioned in the bible, but just couldn't quite make it into the canon. Yeah you hear about the crazy bitch........ but here comes lil miss goody 2 shoes ruining it for women for centuries. Imagine Lilith as the first feminist, only naked. Wonder if Lilith from Frazier got her name from the "buybull"?

You mean like the Book of Enoch? Good read. Talks about the rebellion of the Fallen.. which, btw, was run by Azazel, not Lucifer or Satan.

And yes, Lilith from *ahem* Cheers was in fact named in reference to the character from hebrew mythology.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid