The Dawkins Delusion

Rev_Devilin
Rev_Devilin's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Dawkins Delusion

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QERyh9YYEis"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QERyh9YYEis" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Rev_Devilin
Rev_Devilin's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Ops no edit, try again  

Ops no edit, try again

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  WOW so Jesus , yeah,

WOW so Jesus , yeah,  Dawkins is Jesus 2008 ! and an old "ancient Jesus" fan too boot ....  I love him

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seen it. The argument it

Seen it. The argument it implies is a piece of shit, but damn if that's not a good Dawkins impression.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Let's sue them, the church

Let's sue them, the church .... Pat Condell mentioned an organization to this cause , ..... a good idea , and an xlint atheist publicity idea  .... my Jesus would smile !

jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL. I enjoyed the

LOL. I enjoyed the impression of Dawkins' voice.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've heard better

I've heard better impressions. No, seriously.

Evidence

- Dr. Dawkins has a permanent residence you can visit to meet the man in person.

- Dr. Dawkins has contact information a person could use to have an actual, physical, two-way conversation with him.

- Dr. Dawkins has all sorts of legal identification that can be used to verify he is a real person, including an actual and verifiable legal birth certificate, a docotorate, the british equivalent to a S.I.N., etc.

- There are detailed photos, videos and audio recordings of Dawkins.

So, I can tell you where Dawkins lives, where/when he was born, where he earned his title, and a vast number of other details. Provide me the same about God, and this vid might be slightly less worthless than it is now.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
What a ridiculous argument,

What a ridiculous argument, for it to make any sense God would have to be living amongst us. He would have to be walking around talking to people or more likely knowing his personality killing people.

A irrational argument to defend an irrational religion.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
I sincerely hope this is

I sincerely hope this is meant more as a joke than anything else, but even if it is, it isn't that funny (only got a couple of giggles out of me, and it was due to the exaggerated impression).

But if it's truly meant as a serious argument, then it's a piss poor one.

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

threerandot
threerandot's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dawkin's Delusion

Although this is a cute and clever little video, it is obvious that all of the points that are being thrown at Dawkin's are the same ones that atheists have been throwing at theists for ages. In the end, this video presents nothing new about the existence of God.

Quote:
Trillian: We picked them up while we were in Infinite Improbability Drive
Zaphod: But that's Incredible!

Trillian: No... just very, very improbable!
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy