Question about Solar Sytem/Planetary Development

sathaten
User is offlineOffline
Question about Solar Sytem/Planetary Development

I have an extremely basic knowledge of how solar systems and planets are formed (from a nebula, then gravity does some work and things attract towards denser areas and clump together, and viola, a solar system), and would like to learn more about it. I have been searching around the Internet, but have not come across much. What is a good online resource to read up on everything? Also, reccomending books is welcome as well. Thanks for the help!

AtheistInWonderland
RRS local affiliate
User is offlineOffline

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't directly answer

I can't directly answer your question, because I have a Science Channel level of knowledge of cosmology, but BGH is probably a great person to ask.  Hopefully he'll see this thread.  If not, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PM him.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

sathaten
User is offlineOffline
Awesome. I will check out

Awesome. I will check out that link now, and if BGH does not find this thread, I will PM him.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Look

Try these first, and if you need more I will be happy to help.

Here #1

Here #2

Here #3

Here #4

sathaten
User is offlineOffline
Spectacular! Many thanks.

Spectacular! Many thanks.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are also a couple of

There are also a couple of good movies:

Here 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I can't

Hambydammit wrote:

I can't directly answer your question, because I have a Science Channel level of knowledge of cosmology, but BGH is probably a great person to ask. Hopefully he'll see this thread. If not, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PM him.

Thanks for the compliment Hamby!!

You don't know how much I appreciate it. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is also a very good

There is also a very good book I read last year called 'Atom: A Single Oxygen Atom's Odyssey from the Big Bang to Life on Earth... and Beyond' by Lawrence M. Krauss of Case Western Reserve University.

It is very is a interesting read as it follows a set of fundemental particles from the big bang through early star formation. Then through supernovas and solar system evolution.