The grand champion of all stupid pseudo-sciences: The Spiritual Science Research Foundation.

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
The grand champion of all stupid pseudo-sciences: The Spiritual Science Research Foundation.

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/

You think ufology, Feng-shui or reflexology is stupid? You've seen nothing yet. This website practises something called "spiritual science". It's about the "fact" that many things in our lives can be explained by supernatural occurences. It's like what ever irrational, unproven religious beliefs, and calling it "science" just for the sake of bastardization.

Infact, this "spiritual science" is so stupid, that now I'm going to make a top-5 list of stupidest things I learned from The Spiritual Science Research Foundation Smiling:

-Number 5: Natural disasters and climate change have very little to do with physical and natural reasons.

One page in the website is about natural disasters. Apparently, things such as the natural causes in the atmosphere, and global warming only affect 18,9% of the earth's climate. Man can affect nature by physical causes, psychological causes and spiritual causes. The psychological causes of man affect the "subtle energies" of the earth negatively, thus causing disasters. Man also attracts negative energies (ghosts and devils) by being "spiritually immature", and the negative energies cause disasters... 'Aight...

-Number 4: The four elements are back. With a vengeance!

Not just four elements, but FIVE elements. The fifth element is ether. Yeah, no joke. Along the material elements of the universe (atoms), there are also five absolute elements which are in the form of "subtle energies" (again). The instability in the "raja-tama" -relationship (raja-tama is propably the same thing as good-evil) will cause radical changes in these cosmic elements, which cause natural disasters. The five elements can also be used to heal deseases. Such as curing with the fire element can be done by "applying holy ash". That's right folks, boycott modern medicine and start using holy ashes, perfumes and holy water!

-Number 3: Chanting.

Got a bad addiction to smoke? A very hard to cure skin rash? Can't find the love of your life? Worry not! Start chanting the name of some guy called "Guru Datta". Chant it about 900 times a day, and you will fix any problem in no time! Things like common cold, fever, toothache, headache, cramps, sleepiness, asthma, itching and even blindness and inability to speak can be cured by chanting verses like "Sree Durgaadevyai Namahaa".

-Number 2: The spiritual science research method.

How do they know all this? Here's how: Some guy asks a question, and another one answers it. Spiritual science is that simple. It saves a lot of time and money comparing to actual scientific method, and you get the same answers anyway:

Bob: Hey Joe, do you think that fairies exist?

Joe: Yes they do exist.

Bob: How do you know that? You can't say that unless you have some proof.

Joe: I don't need proof, because I did a spiritual science research a few seconds ago. I now know that fairies do  exist.

-Number 1: Parrots are devolved humans, or they are posessed by evil spirits.

Ever wonder how can parrots talk? They can talk because they used to be humans in their previous lives. Humans who have turned into a more primitive state after rebirth can become birds, and all parrots are basically humans because only humans can talk. Parrots have the ability to speak because they used to have that trait in their previous lives as humans, but now they are too stupid as a bird to know what they are saying. Birds may also gain the ability to talk if they are posessed by evil spirits.

And no no! Bird's ability to talk has nothing to do with their vocal cords! 

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.

Paranoia21
Paranoia21's picture
User is offlineOffline
Humanity has successfully

Humanity has successfully devolved.  I am so shocked, I have nothing to say but wow, what has human kind come to?

VERITAS OMNIA VINCIT

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Paranoia21 wrote: what has

Paranoia21 wrote:
what has human kind come to?
Parrots! DUUUHH!! Weren't you paying attention? Eye-wink

Paranoia21
Paranoia21's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was

That was exceptionally....something.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't quite say that

I wouldn't quite say that this website is 100% utter stupidity. I'd say it's 96% utter stupidity. But dude, don't you think this information would make some great fiction? Smiling

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.