A thanks to science

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
A thanks to science

Yesterday was a day that the world got very loud for me. Many of you may not know this but I am deaf in my left ear (not completely, but i have about 30% hearing in that ear). I received a hearing aid yesterday and it was beautiful...I was stunned at how noisy everything is and what I was missing. For the first time in twenty years I heard someones voice properly, I heard my sons voice in a new clear and crisp sound.

Science made this happen, I wonder how many of the fundies that are the science haters can appreciate this miracle...science like the Jesus myth has healed this deaf man.

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Congrats Darren, glad you

Congrats Darren, glad you are getting to hear the world in a whole new way.  I suppose when you were a believer, you prayed to be able to hear at least a few times, eh? 

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient when I was a kid,

Sapient when I was a kid, my parents would drag me up at 4am every morning to Father Lambert the faith healer. It never worked, so it brought into question whether or not i was serving God corectly because I obviously didnt have faith the size of a mustard seed. Then I asked my mom what a mustard seed was and she showed me the little black spice...man thats shocking to see.

I never really prayed for it after that, I just adjusted to try and live life as normally as possible...I started to look at people when they spoke, I got quite good at reading lips, I sat up front in the class room with the nerds, people are quite good at adjusting....but now its just wonderful.

Thanks for the congrats bro.

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sometimes I wish I didn't

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to listen to all the crap the fundies are dishing out. 

Anyway, glad to see you so happy.  Science is amazing!

I can't but help thinking the people praying for you so many years ago, including Father So-in-So, are now taking credit for your newfound ability.  Amazing how mysterious and slowly this god thing works, huh?

I'm sure you would like to tell them what to do with their mustard seeds now!

All the best to you.

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
User is offlineOffline
When my second daughter was

When my second daughter was born, she had lots of problems with her ears. Frequent ear infections led the doctor to do a more thorough examination and they found that her ears were under-developed, and her eustachian tubes (I probably spelled that wrong) were too small. I told my daughter's doctor that such ran in the family, and resulted in my older brother actually losing some of his hearing due to scarring in his ears from infections. So my daughter had her first surgery before she was a year old in order to get tubes put in. She stopped having ear infections, and that also released pressure that had been in her ears as well. A few days after the surgery, she was sitting by my computer, and playing as I worked, and she started laughing really loud. (nothing cuter than a baby with the giggles) She was watching the tower for the computer. As far as we could tell, it was apparently the first time that she realized that it made noise, and the varying noise was apparently amusing to her. Heh. I'm really glad that due to that operation (and possibly future ones, if she starts having problems again - for now I'm just really careful with her ears) she is likely to have a normal life. The only side effect she had was a delay in speech development, but she caught up on that.

Congratulations, Savage!

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did you say something?

All hail the Great God of the Ear!!!

By the way, his name is 'Waxy'

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
User is offlineOffline