Evolution as a religion

Ig
User is offlineOffline
Evolution as a religion

Someone posted this comment on a YouTube video I uploaded about I.D. getting it's butt kicked in the Dover trial.

Quote:
Creationism (intelligent design) is "Christianity in disguise?" Not necessarily. Remember, Christianity is not the only religion in the world. And what of evolution? That is really a religion in itself too, if you think about it. It has a founder, a main text, and even a short history of followers who attempt to re-intemperate or make the theory more clear. Furthermore, the theory requires a level of faith to be accepted. Sounds pretty religious to me . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAnIoXPLMdo

I guess he's right, so I threw together a page worshiping gravity.

http://churchofgravity.googlepages.com/ Tongue out

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
And what of evolution?

And what of evolution? That is really a religion in itself too, if you think about it.

All hail "intelligent falling" the "force" in which we have "faith" will keep our feet on the ground.

It has a founder

Darwin? He was hardly the first man to think of evolution. And he was definitely not the founder. Science is not religion. In a religion, an ignorant prophet conjures up nonsense. In science, evidence is gathered, often by many people. Darwin is not the founder of "evolution" any more than Huxley is, or Wallace, or Morris.

Essentially what this loon is dictating is that when a scientific discovery is discovered, the scientist who discovered it is know the "founder" and "prophet" and in their deluded mindset, it is thusly a religion.

a main text,

What??? Perhaps he is referring to the Origin of Species. He must be joking. What a ridiculous spewing of nonsense. Origin of Species isn't the "main text of evolution" any more than Principia is the main text of differential calculus. There are over 200,000 research papers published every year in evolutionary biology, and much of what was written by Darwin in Origin of Species, is wrong. 

and even a short history of followers who attempt to re-intemperate or make the theory more clear.

I think he means that when scientist discovered the genome and proteome it was easier to understand evolutionary theory. Seriously, how can this idiot compare religion and science in this regard?

Furthermore, the theory requires a level of faith to be accepted.

The only "faith" scientists have is that their genomics techniques to pinpoint evolution are accurate, and that's because they've been tested, so it's not really faith...

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism