[HATE MAIL] You don't understand god. - YOU RESPOND

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
[HATE MAIL] You don't understand god. - YOU RESPOND

----- Original Message -----
From: <candacepercy_213@hotmail.com
To: <sapient@rationalresponders.com
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: [Hate Mail] God stuff

Georgina Fliangi sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

You say Christians only believe in Faith wrong (although it
is big part of it) but there is also LOTS of facts about the Bible,
Christ, God and the Holy Spirit. (book: "Case For Christ&quotEye-wink. I have been a
Christian then non- Christian and then a Christian again and I have
no doubt that God is real. He has worked through my life and has been
there for me.

You possibly jsut haven't been listening to Gos when He was
talking to you or maybe you were listening to the wrong voice or
maybe He was tryin to show you, He doesn't always talk to you but he may show
you the answer.

You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers,
I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible
says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is
not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about
knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

Even if you do not believe why would you toy with the possiblility that it could
possibly true and you have lost the chance to be redeemed?

I find it really sad and my hart goes out to those who are lost and
need to be found again. I am not classing this as hate mail for I do not
hate you, mind you I hate what you guys are doing. Thank you for hearing
me out and let me know... I am not asking for a debate, but just let God
help you understand.

[EDIT: I left spelling, but fixed paragraphs out of consideration.]

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Fist of all it is ok that

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

Excuse me? Christians broadcast their message over the internet all the time. There are loads of idiotic psuedoscientific sites devoted to intelligent design and creationism. Evangelizing online is a big business. Islamic terrorists use the web as a huge source of new recruits. Religions uses the web for it's sick twisted goals all the time. Who are you to tell us we can't broadcast this?

You say Christians only believe in Faith wrong (although it
is big part of it) but there is also LOTS of facts about the Bible,
Christ, God and the Holy Spirit. (book: "Case For Christ"
).

Excuse me. The bible says the Earth is 6000 years old. Radiocarbon dating disproves this. The bible says Jesus was created out of immaculate conception. Last time I checked, a haploid could not undergo embryogenesis. The bible (both OT and NT) say some disgusting, revolting things like that you must stone your children to death if they turn to another religion. As for the idea of God, that is a ridiculous man made assertion. I often point out the fallacy of the circular reasoning I hear Christians use, it goes like this:

1. I believe in God because it says so in the Bible

2. How do I know the Bible is true? Because it was written by God (actually man under "divine inspiration&quotEye-wink

3. How do I know this is true? Because it says so in the Bible.

This is what passes for reasoning to a theological mind. There is no proof whatsoever that God exists because we created him, we built him a shield from sane criticism by saying he was beyond our understanding.

You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers,
I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible
says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

When I read the Bible, I saw some wonderful stories, and some good messages. But I used the word STORIES. These are just STORIES. The Bible is not a science text. I would rather trust a drunk with my money than the Bible. There are no facts that point to Christianity. There is no logic. In sum, Christians believe that a man was sent from heaven to Earth, was nailed to a cross after blaspheming and then arose ressurected three days later after being hidden in a cave.

Even if you do not believe why would you toy with the possiblility that it could possibly true and you have lost the chance to be redeemed?

Pascals wager is a pile of shit.

First of all, this argument merely leads one to feign belief in God. Even if one reasons that it is a better gamble, one cannot necessarily convince onself that God actually exists based on this wager. If God was indeed the violent, murderous, physcopath as described by the Holy Books, he would see through this feign and cast the gambling theist into hell.

Second of all, there are so many ridiculous human deities to choose from. Any of them can be slotted in place of God. Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, etc. And he/she/it/they probably wont be too happy for people to wager the existence of another God.

Third of all, you can't make up a concept through armchair raciocintation (which is basically how we created him) and then insist that people wager he exist because then you make up another story that this deity you just created is vengeful and will send you to hell.

I find it really sad and my hart goes out to those who are lost and need to be found again. I am not classing this as hate mail for I do not hate you, mind you I hate what you guys are doing. Thank you for hearing me out and let me know... I am not asking for a debate, but just let God help you understand.

Your heart may go out to me, but my brain goes to you. People like you really need a healthy dose of mental intelligence.

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


KLJ
KLJ's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2007-02-10
User is offlineOffline
  Denying the Holy Spirit

 

Denying the Holy Spirit is not risky when you realize that even if the Judeo God did exist he is not someone you'd want to spend eternity with. He is a dictator who punishes dissent with, not a life sentence but an eternal life sentence.  The argument can go beyond faith. This God is cruel, jealous, vindictive, and inconsistent to the point of schizophrenia. If I believed in him I'd be terrified. That is what you get if you read the Bible, REALLY read the bible.  

As for broadcasting all over the internet, Christians of all people should understand the desire to "Spread the good news." and the beauty of the internet is; it’s totally voluntary. Nobody is forced to watch the atheist videos or read the atheist websites. If you are watching them, perhaps you are seeking. Let me assure you, letting go of unscientific beliefs and putting your focus on this life and this world feels great and allows you to really enjoy the here and now, once you manage to shake the years of repeating the prayers and songs and participating in other acts of indoctrination and brainwashing. Best of luck to you.

Atheists make lousy suicide bombers.


ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
Posts: 141
Joined: 2006-08-08
User is offlineOffline
"I am not asking for a

"I am not asking for a debate, but just let God
help you understand."
Hahahahaha!


MisterDax
Posts: 66
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Georgina Fliangi

Georgina Fliangi wrote:
Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the internet.

So, it is ok to have opinions, it just isn't ok to make others aware of them.

Quote:
You say Christians only believe in Faith wrong (although it
is big part of it) but there is also LOTS of facts about the Bible,
Christ, God and the Holy Spirit.

And what those alleged facts might be?

Quote:
You possibly jsut haven't been listening to Gos when He was talking to you or maybe you were listening to the wrong voice or maybe He was tryin to show you, He doesn't always talk to you but he may show you the answer.

So god is attempting to communicate with us, but does so in an incompetent level. What does that tell about god?

Also your argument is unfair. It states that we are arrogant or faulty and therefore unable to perceive god. Therefore you imply that our experiences (or lack thereof) are irrelevant when it comes to god. Then only theists can give statements about god.

Quote:
You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers, I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

Again with the arrogance. Do you really believe that those rejecting christianity are just illiterate idiots who can't your special book? Are you saying that only christians (those who accept christianity) can read the bible correctly?

Quote:
Even if you do not believe why would you toy with the possiblility that it could possibly true and you have lost the chance to be redeemed?

Because we are expressin our lack of fear. We are not afraid or your pathetic threats about "Hell" or "Wrath of God" and we are showing it.

Quote:
I find it really sad and my hart goes out to those who are lost and need to be found again.

We are not "lost" and you are not "found". If I remember right, arrogance is a no-no in your religion.

Quote:
I am not asking for a debate, but just let God
help you understand.

Replace the word 'God' with the word 'Big-Papa Smurf' and you might understand why we cannot comply to your request.


KLJ
KLJ's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2007-02-10
User is offlineOffline
I've been reading a-lot of

I've been reading a-lot of these debates, discussions, what have you, and us atheists come off as a real angry, snippy bunch.

I just imagine my brother or my mom and I assume that I'm talking with someone who is probably a nice person, possibly even an intelligent person and I feel no need to talk down to them. I see too many of us writing in a way that comes across as compassionate and/or friendly. 

I didn't see this Christians post as intentionaly angry or offensive, and if some of his idea are offensive can't we explain this to him politely?

I love to see blunt, honest answers, but I also would love to see us behaving like the caring kind people that I know most of us are and not letting the frustration of dealing with that which we find offensive and irrational get the best of us.  

 And if you are talking to someone who is incredibly uninteligent, should they recieve your sympathy, your compassion or your anger?

Atheists make lousy suicide bombers.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Georgina Fliangi

Georgina Fliangi wrote:
Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the internet.

You know what this reminds me of?
Karen Hunter wrote:
"Atheists need to shut up"


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
KLJ, I think a lot of it is

KLJ, I think a lot of it is bluntness. If your coming on this site as a theist, your basically looking for a fight.

Anyway, we're only treating them with the respect they deserve. This person is using the same idiodic tactics like "Atheist need to shut up," you guys are just blind, Pascal's wager, etc. It gets really tiring.

If an intelligent theist comes on here and has a decent conversation (and there are a few) then we're a pretty nice bunch.


KLJ
KLJ's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2007-02-10
User is offlineOffline
Why does an intelligent

Why does an intelligent person deserve more grace than a less intelligent person?

I didn't see this person as being rude even if their arguments were redundant and simplistic (and now I guess I'm insulting them.)

It's always amazed me that once someone is low enough in intelligence we call them disabled and we are patient with them, but if they get close to that line without crossing it we hate them.

 

Also, you say if you come on here as a theist you're looking for a fight. I would hope they could come on looking for a discussion or perhaps a debate. Fighting is boring and uproductive most of the time.

Atheists make lousy suicide bombers.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, maybe intelligent isn't

Hmm, maybe intelligent isn't the right word. Maybe thoughtful is a better one.

Yes, I don't like fighting, but it's rare to meet someone who doesn't get their panties in a wad when you say you don't believe in god. I know it sounds childish, but they started it. Smiling Whether we like it or not, in the US it's an emotionally charged thing.

I agree with you, KLJ, we should try to be as nice as possible. We already have this perception of being angry, and that needs to end. (But I think that perception is a projection.)

Niceness has its limits, and this person doesn't deserve any sympathy. Anyone telling me to shut up gets the treatment.


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Filiangi wrote:

Filiangi wrote:

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

I find this a bit dumb. So it's okay for theists to make websites and broadcast "the love of Jesus" all over the world, even on television and on posters. But when an atheist wants to express their opinions and beliefs, you try to shoot us down. Why is that? I never see any fully atheist bulletins, ads, television shows, etc. So why can't we have our own website? You are not obligated to read what we think.

And as for the stuff about "not hearing god", I was raised a Christian and was told that all my life. No. There is no god. I've never heard anything.

Why is it that Christians tell others to listen to god but then when someone murders a child and says that god told them to do it, you say "it was the devil" and that's that? How do you know that what you hear isn't "the devil", too? Think about that.

...Even though neither exists.

myspace.com/miyao


KLJ
KLJ's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2007-02-10
User is offlineOffline
Thats cool Rage. I just

Thats cool Rage. I just hope we remember that it may be a redundant argument to us, but this person may not have been having this argument as long was we have, and I hope we'll give them the benefit of the doubt as far as where they're coming from; angry condemner/concerned and sincere.

And above all, God bless the slow people.

 

PS: Ha ha, I said "cool rage". That's what I should name my band.

Atheists make lousy suicide bombers.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
KLJ wrote: Thats cool Rage.

KLJ wrote:
Thats cool Rage. I just hope we remember that it may be a redundant argument to us, but this person may not have been having this argument as long was we have, and I hope we'll give them the benefit of the doubt as far as where they're coming from; angry condemner/concerned and sincere.

Yeah, that's true. There's a thread around here were they try to respond to these repeated arguments. When thats finished we can just direct them over there.

KLJ wrote:
PS: Ha ha, I said "cool rage". That's what I should name my band.

That would be awesome.


ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
Posts: 141
Joined: 2006-08-08
User is offlineOffline
I don't really like

I don't really like responding in these mail bags unless the people who wrote them themselves come in here and engage in dialogue.  
Yeah KLJ, I have to agree with you. Although I don't even blame some of the people who post on here all of the time. It gets frustrating seeing the same stereotypical arguments, the same straw man fallacies, over and over. I'm only wasting my breath over the ones that come here to learn. That's what I'm here for as well. To learn.
I have a friend who likes to use different tactics though. He has been debating people for years and now he likes to use street art to provoke thought. He thinks that you have to shock people, and be offensive with it, to provoke thought. He uses wheat paste to put up large posters on walls in areas with heavy traffic that show messed up images of war, or the world trade centers with the planes exploding, and at the bottom in huge letters they say "YOUR RELIGION IS DESTROYING ALL OF US."
This isn't something I do, and is irrelevant to debating theists, but I think the offensive approach is an interesting tactic sometimes.
Even he said to me that sometimes there is just nothing the facts can do for theists when they start claiming that the earth is 6,000 years old. Sometimes he feels that no further discussion is required and that offending them might piss them off, but they might think about it later on.
That's not the approach I take of course, but it's an interesting one. I think Sapient can do it very well sometimes too. He's one of my favorite debaters when it comes to this idea. You would have to listen to/read more of his arguments to understand what I'm talking about. Sapient isn't much of a dick at all. He just engages in friendly conversation, but when theists are blatantly irrational he's very good at pointing out their absurdity to the point where it's almost insulting, but rational enough to make them really think about it.

"Every true faith is infallible -- It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. Here the ways of men divide. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search." - Nietzsche


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
ChosenByPasta wrote: I

ChosenByPasta wrote:
I don't really like responding in these mail bags unless the people who wrote them themselves come in here and engage in dialogue.

That's a good point. It seems they used to respond , but I haven't seen that happen recently. It's like yelling at the TV when you see something dumb.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: -----

darth_josh wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: <candacepercy_213@hotmail.com
To: <sapient@rationalresponders.com
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: [Hate Mail] God stuff

Georgina Fliangi sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

You say Christians only believe in Faith wrong (although it
is big part of it) but there is also LOTS of facts about the Bible,
Christ, God and the Holy Spirit. (book: "Case For Christ&quotEye-wink. I have been a
Christian then non- Christian and then a Christian again and I have
no doubt that God is real. He has worked through my life and has been
there for me.

You possibly jsut haven't been listening to Gos when He was
talking to you or maybe you were listening to the wrong voice or
maybe He was tryin to show you, He doesn't always talk to you but he may show
you the answer.

You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers,
I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible
says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is
not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about
knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

Even if you do not believe why would you toy with the possiblility that it could
possibly true and you have lost the chance to be redeemed?

I find it really sad and my hart goes out to those who are lost and
need to be found again. I am not classing this as hate mail for I do not
hate you, mind you I hate what you guys are doing. Thank you for hearing
me out and let me know... I am not asking for a debate, but just let God
help you understand.

[EDIT: I left spelling, but fixed paragraphs out of consideration.]

Poor poor guy, afriad of compitition. You are right, we dont have to broadcast it across the internet. But, here is the thing, WE CAN and fortunatly for us Thomas Jefferson and the founders wrote the constitution, and NOT YOU.

And why would God need a falible human to do his bidding for him? Tell daddy if he wants us, he knows where he can find us. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Lee Vegas
Lee Vegas's picture
Posts: 28
Joined: 2006-09-26
User is offlineOffline
MrRage

MrRage wrote:
ChosenByPasta wrote:
I don't really like responding in these mail bags unless the people who wrote them themselves come in here and engage in dialogue.
That's a good point. It seems they used to respond , but I haven't seen that happen recently. It's like yelling at the TV when you see something dumb.

 

 

I think the challenge sent a bunch of theists over for one-time-only berating/ I'll pray for you e-mails.  They are less likely to engage in dialogue, but perhaps the curiosity is a start.

 

It is difficult to resist the temptation to simply bitch-slap their arguments into submission (because, well, its so easy.)

 

Remember, that these folks haven’t heard these argument 1000 times like we have.  Even if we just roll our eyes thinking “oh, Pascal’s Wager,” or “fucking argument from design again,” it is new to them.

 

It’s hard sometimes (for me anyway, IRL) to explain it for the 1000th time without sounding condescending.  I now try to maintain a sort of starry-eyed, wondrous (but not daft) demeanor.

 

It’s hard.

 

LV

 

"The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known."
- John Stuart Mill

http://theistsanonymous.blogspot.com/


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: And why

Brian37 wrote:

And why would God need a falible human to do his bidding for him? Tell daddy if he wants us, he knows where he can find us.

Lmao! I love this. Let's see him do it then. I'm still waiting.

myspace.com/miyao


Eric c
Theist
Posts: 7
Joined: 2007-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Alright, Alright. Cut this

Alright, Alright. Cut this guy some slack, his opinion is aboviously one sided.

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

Ok I'm a Christian and i can see the problem with this statement. Most Christians don't like others to tell them that thier beliefs are wrong and most Christians don't like to hear the other sides to religious situations and question thier beliefs. Unfortunately for those Christians, Athiests are protected by The First Amendment of the US constitution, meaning they can express thier opinion how ever, where ever, and when ever they want. And just because they say something you don't want to hear doesn't make it wrong for them to say it.

 

You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers,
I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible
says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is
not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about
knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

 

Ok, another misinformed statement. If you haven't noticed, many of the people who have suscribed to these forums claiming thier Athieism infact have read deep into the bible and they know thier shit about the reliogions they don't believe in, people on this site are not ignorant. You claim that Athiests are Athiests just because they can not interpret the bible or haven't read it and found answers. Most of these people have indeed read the bible deeply and still haven't found the answers they were seeking. And if they haven't then well, they haven't. Which is why they don't have faith in reliogion because it doesn't provide answers for them. They find thier answers through logic, science, and reason. and FYI, just because the bible says that you should read it, doesn't mean people have to, its all a matter of choice and beliefs as a human being is entitled to that right. I only choose to have faith because i have found answers through God, but not exactly the bible.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: -----

darth_josh wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: <candacepercy_213@hotmail.com
To: <sapient@rationalresponders.com
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: [Hate Mail] God stuff

Georgina Fliangi sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Fist of all it is ok that you do not believe in God you can say evil against the Holy Spirit fine. But please don't braudcast this all over the
internet.

You say Christians only believe in Faith wrong (although it
is big part of it) but there is also LOTS of facts about the Bible,
Christ, God and the Holy Spirit. (book: "Case For Christ&quotEye-wink. I have been a
Christian then non- Christian and then a Christian again and I have
no doubt that God is real. He has worked through my life and has been
there for me.

You possibly jsut haven't been listening to Gos when He was
talking to you or maybe you were listening to the wrong voice or
maybe He was tryin to show you, He doesn't always talk to you but he may show
you the answer.

You haven't looked deep into the bible and found answers,
I have foudn that those who don't study the bible (which in the bible
says you should) don't know or understand what certain things mean. It is
not about being scared abotu going to Hell or anything it is about
knowing what is right seeing the facts that point to Christianity.

Even if you do not believe why would you toy with the possiblility that it could
possibly true and you have lost the chance to be redeemed?

I find it really sad and my hart goes out to those who are lost and
need to be found again. I am not classing this as hate mail for I do not
hate you, mind you I hate what you guys are doing. Thank you for hearing
me out and let me know... I am not asking for a debate, but just let God
help you understand.

[EDIT: I left spelling, but fixed paragraphs out of consideration.]

An apple cart that is not upset rots. Growth is gained not upon complacancy, but willigingess to think. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37