Without God there is nothing...

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Without God there is nothing...

YOU RESPOND

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 3, 2006 7:17 PM

WITHOUT GOD THERE IS NOTJING,I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW YOU FIND THAT OUT ONE DAY. GOD BLESS YOU EVEN THO YOU DONT THINK HE EXISTS HE STILL LOVES YOU. HOW MORE MESSED UP WOULD THE WORLD BE IF THERE WAS NO GOD? ANSWER THAT FOR IF YOU WANT. GOD BLESS AND MAY HE FORGIVE YOU

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shirtcake,Are you saying

Shortcake,
Are you saying that God is the universe?

Regaring the question about how messed up the world would be without him; well, if religions represent his love here on Earth, I'd rather do without.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Since there is no God, the

Since there is no God, the world would be the same. If there was no belief in god, the world would be a much better place.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Buddha314
User is offlineOffline
Just for fun, lets assume

Just for fun, lets assume your god does exist. Since it created pain, death, and all manner of bad things along with everything good that could happen, I think the world would be a lot better of without such a hateful caretaker. Fortunately, as the people before me have stated, there is no god, certainly not one that is described in major religious texts. Without god everything that exists now was created. So, we as humans have to deal with our problems. We cannot run to an all-powerful invisible big guy in the sky to solve anything. Abandoning god results in taking on more responsiblity for our future and that is the only way the world will be come a better place.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Shortcake wrote:WITHOUT GOD

Shortcake wrote:
WITHOUT GOD THERE IS NOTJING,

Well I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it sounds like you mean nothing would exist. However there is no logic that supports this theory, so existence doesn't prove god. However I couldn't say existence disproves god either.
Quote:
I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW YOU FIND THAT OUT ONE DAY.

RRS doesn't really have "followers", but they have listeners and then a lot of people that agree with MOST of their points.
Quote:
GOD BLESS YOU EVEN THO YOU DONT THINK HE EXISTS HE STILL LOVES YOU.

Thats nice it really is. btw FSM sends kisses.
Quote:
HOW MORE MESSED UP WOULD THE WORLD BE IF THERE WAS NO GOD? ANSWER THAT FOR IF YOU WANT.

Well lets see the christian god is a pretty messed up guy/gal/thing... As others have put in a much better way, the world would be better.
Quote:
GOD BLESS AND MAY HE FORGIVE YOU

Well god kinda made me this way so if he/she/it really wanted me to believe then he/she/it would have given me the proof I need to be won over. Although the christian god does make people do thing just so he/she/it can get mad and punish them later...

Faithless1981
User is offlineOffline
In response

And I in turn hope that you start using rationality to look at the world around you. Like everyone else here, we are without god....and we see what the belief in god has done and continues to do to the world. Oh sure, you can say, religion has helped a lot of people, missionaries and the sort. But who is more noble, the one that goes to third world nations to help, or the ones that go there to get into heaven and save souls? I know you look at us with pity, and it's sad to see his children turn away from him, but to us, it is sad to see an otherwise intelligent human being give in to their emotions to determine their reality, rather than using any kind of logic or reason. And personally, if a christian god did exist, then his crimes against humanity is certainly more than my crimes against god.....philisophically speaking of course Smiling So I hardly need forgiveness, heh.