I feel very sorry for all atheists [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel very sorry for all atheists [YOU RESPOND]

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:48 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] ...

Ashley Knight sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

God bless you all, i feel very sorry for you all and i hope one day you
will understand that God is real and that you arent here just because you
happened to be so great but that he still loves you and that he is
fighting for you everyday. i will be praying for you everyday. God bless
you.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
another christard

another christard wrote:

i will be praying for you everyday. God bless
you.

We'll be thinking for you. may the FSM reach his noodly appendage to you.

Sigghhhh... today has to be a record for my using this picture:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, what can I say to

Well, what can I say to this?  I'm sorry you feel sorry for me.  As it turns out, I'm quite thrilled to live every day of my life.  I love life, and I have great friends -- not in small part due to the fact that I'm a really honest and genuinely moral person, despite being godless.

My hope is that one day you will be able to understand how divisive and condescending your beliefs are, and that you can live quite happily without your invisible friend.

Don't kid yourself.  I'm not going to give you a second thought, for it would accomplish nothing.  Good luck with the prayers.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

you.

she gets a half a point for not telling me i'm going to regret my stance as a burn in an eternal lake of fire. it would have been a full point but i blew a circuit trying to process the "because you happened to be so great" thing. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

you.

The feeling is mutual, I feel sorry for you too. I feel sorry for you that you cant see that you worship a work of fiction sold to you. Just like you feel sorry for someone who believes that ouiji boards actually work. Just like you feel sorry for someone who thinks they are getting 72 virgins in a fictional afterlife.

I feel sorry for you that you cant see that ghosts dont have "godsperm" and cant get girls pregnant without a penis or sperm. I feel sorry for you that you buy the idea that human flesh can survive rigor mortis after 3 days. Just as I would feel sorry for anyone who would litterally belive that Harry Potter can fly around on a broom.

I wont waste my time, like you "praying" that you find the truth. I will, however, not blindly like you buy hokes pocus claims, and I will challenge magical claims at every turn.

Please spare my your pitty party. I am an equal oportunity crictic and your magical sky daddy to me, is no different than claims of Vishnu or Thor or Isis.

If you want you waste your time with your placebo "praying" for me, be my guest. I wouldnt want to impose upon you to do something like ACTUALLY THINKING WITHOUT A HAND UP YOUR BACK. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ashley Knight wrote: you

Ashley Knight wrote:

you arent here just because you
happened to be so great

You are not here just because a creator of a vast universe is continually concerned about you and is watching ever move you make and knowing every thought you have.

If you think we are arrogant, it takes a million times more arrogance to believe a creator of trillions of stars and billions of people is concerned about little old you.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am assuming that by "god

I am assuming that by "god is real" that you mean your god, right? I used to believe that myself 18  years ago, but walked away from my faith because there is no really good reason to believe.

My wife of 18 years passed away recently and her father, a southern baptist preacher, says that she is in heaven with jesus now. I can't find in the bible anywhere that states once someone dies they are judged right away. This is completely false, unless someone can point to a scripture that states otherwise. Revelations says that all the dead are judged in the "end times". I will admit some denominations, (i.e. seventh day adventist) believe that when someone dies they are "asleep" until judgement day, but most believe in judgement after death. It is irrational to believe that a creator of a "perfect" universe could not write a book that could be universally understood by everyone. However, when you study the history of the bible you start to truly understand that the bible did not fall from the sky and human beings were more than willing to change and edit the bible to fit the times.

Do not feel sorry for us please. I feel sorry for those out there that believe everything that comes from the pulpit without question.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
Feeling sorry for someone is

Feeling sorry for someone is like praying for them. That and a buck twenty five will get you a cup off coffee.

joewhyit
User is offlineOffline
Quote:God bless you all, i

Quote:
God bless you all, i feel very sorry for you all and i hope one day you will understand that God is real and that you arent here just because you
happened to be so great but that he still loves you and that he is fighting for you everyday.

Run on sentences make baby Jesus cry.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
.... I feel sorry for all

.... I feel sorry for all the ATHEISTS too, because the Theists are hurting them (and themselves) ..... my name is Jesus. I AM GOD AS YOU , an ATHEIST .....

, geezzz, do Xains read the Bible all by themselves? , of course not,  obviously  ...... they are trained to hate and fear life  ......  so sad Xians are ..... we atheists must heal them in the name of the great atheist JESUS ,  and may I add,  GAWED BLESS  the loving teachers ..... in Jesus name and spirit ..... of atheism ......   as all is ONE , .... as said another friend , the great BUDDHA atheist ..... 

Feel the LOVE , spread the "good word" >>>> ATHEISM ......   "Save" the "others" . ..... We are ONE, no MASTER .... no war evermore  .....    

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 1) You're an atheist?2)

1) You're an atheist?

2) I'll be praying for you.

C) Therefore, God exists.

dannyp20 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You still dont get it

You still dont get it. The girl you responded to is my girlfriend. We are Christians not religious nuts. We may seem crazy to you but it is simply the fulfilment of scripture. The bible says that God chose the foolish things to confound the wise. It may seem foolish to you but the Gods foolishness is much more wise than all the wisdom of man. ( See 1Corinthians) Its not about having an invisible friend it is about giving God the glory he is due. I could expound scripture after scripture to you but i know you would just tune it out so i will simply leave you with this I can hate you for you belief i can do as you have done and sling insults, but instead i will let you know that i love you because God loves you and he lives in me. I'm going to check this daily and if you ever need something i intend to prove that to you simply leave a post describing the problem and an email address i will contact you so i can help.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whosever belives in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Christianity is in fact a

Christianity is in fact a religion. We don't believe any gods exist. Quoting the Buybull won't help your cause - we don't consider it to have any more authority than MAD magazine.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I get it.

dannyp20 wrote:

You still dont get it. The girl you responded to is my girlfriend.  

Well I get it, I was indoctrinated with Christianity. It poisoned my life. Religion is all about lying to yourself. Deep down, I don't think you really believe. I think you "believe" to impress your girlfriend. If you ever expressed your doubts, you'd loose brownie points with her, right? I don't know you, so I don't know for sure, but I saw this pattern repeated endlessly in Christian churches.

Religion is all about lying to yourself and lying to your girlfriend, family and friends. That is why it is the ultimate blasphemy.

dannyp20 wrote:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whosever belives in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

According to scripture, God's son is alive and well, sitting at the right hand of the Father. So how is that giving up his son? If you believe the bible, all he did was give up his son's weekend.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dannyp20

Reading the bible cover to cover, instead of parts of it, will soon turn you and anyother sensible person into an Athiest. I'm no bible expert but clearly nether art thou. Can a truely religious person explain the First commandment rationaly, (Have no other God before me.)What OTHER GODS is he talking about? Don't waste my time with "its means no false gods, false idols false....etc." That's the SECOND commandment! The wording is clear enough, even in Greek and ancient Hebrew it says "no other god" and it is in plural form. When you go to church is it on Saturday or are you in direct violation of the fourth commandment, like so meny godfearing christens? When your god admits to being jealous, god directly violates the tenth commandment. Jealous and covet have the same meaning, in English, ancient Hebrew, ancient Greek etc. DANNYp20 why dost thou waste time with such a leap---over logic and clear language--of faith. A sensible person does not need any religion to know "don't kill.....be honest......don't boff anothers spouse."

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Right on jeffrick, no god

Right on jeffrick, no god before us , me , you ,  as big J said I AM, ( we are ) ONE with the cosmos (father) ... and Buddha too.   SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE  ...... 

The bible is a bunch of competing ideas  ......  take the simple truth to the bibull and read it again and laugh and weep ..... and go "Save" the world from religion as J/B tried.  

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
dannyp20 wrote:You still

dannyp20 wrote:

You still dont get it. The girl you responded to is my girlfriend. We are Christians not religious nuts. We may seem crazy to you but it is simply the fulfilment of scripture. The bible says that God chose the foolish things to confound the wise. It may seem foolish to you but the Gods foolishness is much more wise than all the wisdom of man. ( See 1Corinthians) Its not about having an invisible friend it is about giving God the glory he is due. I could expound scripture after scripture to you but i know you would just tune it out so i will simply leave you with this I can hate you for you belief i can do as you have done and sling insults, but instead i will let you know that i love you because God loves you and he lives in me. I'm going to check this daily and if you ever need something i intend to prove that to you simply leave a post describing the problem and an email address i will contact you so i can help.

Your scriptures have no credibility here.  They are contradictory.  Use this bible: www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
John 3:16 For God so loved

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that who so ever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life  ......

This is near the top of my list of NT absurdity, as big J warned ..... the gnostic atheistic J that is.

Sheezzzz , my indignation boils ..... in the name of cool J ..... so buried in the BI BULL.  2 books of Bull Shit and distortion .....     J would say save them lost Xains ..... and so I AM trying, as I agree with my atheist Jesus/Buddha .....    

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You still dont get

Quote:

You still dont get it

Actually, we "get it" perfectly. You obviously cannot articulate your arguments and propositions in a coherent manner. Hence you are reduced to a logical fallacy called "argument from pity" and the concomitant rhetoric. You "feel sorry for us", you "will pray for us", you "love us", etc. etc. ad infinitum. Please spare us the faux Christian charity. Because we are interested in none of the above. If you can come on here and defend your beliefs about the nature of reality in a rational fashion, you shall be given a token of respect. If you have the superlicious arrogance to do the following:

1) Act in a condescending manner because you believe that other peole need to be "saved" and that this attitude somehow exculpates you from the normal prerequisite of actually defending your propositions and

2) Instead of actually adressing your interlocutors, simply return to the aforementioned argument from pity and promises to pray for, love, and hope for your interlocutors

This is the apex of arrogant stupidity. In standard formal debate, or in any normal form of sane discourse at all, no such rhetoric would ever be tolerated. Why? Because it is irrelevant. No amount of faux love or promised prayer on your part is going to alter earthly facts about the nature of reality. The only manner in which such things can be established is by actually defending these ideas. You don't. You've started from a presupposition of the validity of these ideas and then moved to the conclusion that everyone else requires "saving" despite the fact that you cannot actually construct a reasoned argument to articulate why this should be the case to your interlocutors. The rest of your post demonstrates this spectacularly.

Quote:

We are Christians not religious nuts

Considering that you have some epistemological access to "absolute truth", then acting upon that belief in such a mannar that you think everyone else needs to be "saved", and that the way to this is not with reasoned defense but with blather, seems to me an excellent definition of a "religious nut".

Quote:

We may seem crazy to you but it is simply the fulfilment of scripture.

This is precisely why it seems crazy to us. You don't base the belief that "scripture" needs to be fulfilled on any reasoned virtue. Your next lines demonstrate this perfectly:

Quote:

The bible says that God chose the foolish things to confound the wise.

You are begging the question. This is a logical fallacy where your premise and conclusion are the same. You've moved from the premise "Scripture is true" and the concomitant "Scripture says that God chose the foolish things to confound the wise" to try and convince us of the very issue which has not actually been established, which is your premise, that "scripture is true".

Quote:

It may seem foolish to you but the Gods foolishness is much more wise than all the wisdom of man.

Christians have a profound ability to mangle prose. If you review the above line you may spot what I mean. Again, you are begging the question. You have to assume your conclusion, that this "wise God" actually exists, in order to demonstrate your premise. Yet the very issue under discussion is whether such a being exists. If you simply reiterate the assertion that "God is wise and man is foolish and hence you cannot understand Him", then you are merely assuming that "God exists" in order to counter arguments against the proposition "God exists".

Quote:

( See 1Corinthians) Its not about having an invisible friend it is about giving God the glory he is due

You have yet to articulate the difference.

Quote:

I could expound scripture after scripture to you but i know you would just tune it out so i will simply leave you with this

The very reason we will tune it out is because you have not established the truth of your beliefs. You are simply employing your presumed belief in order to try and convince us of the fucking premise upon which said presumed belief is constructed. Do you people have some cognizance deficiency which inhibits your reasoning faculties?

Quote:

but instead i will let you know that i love you because God loves you

Again, you are begging the question. You have to start from the conclusion "God loves us" in order to try and convince us of the premise "God exists". The very issue under consideration is whether God exists. You cannot simply assert "God loves you. I'll pray for you" etc. etc ad infinitum because these require presumption of that which is precisely under discussion! In addition to reasoning in a circle, your condescension also employs a form of Fallacy of Irrelelvance called the Argument From Pity. "God loves you. Please believe in our God. The scripture tells us we must tell you this. We will pray for you."

As I have demonstrated before. This is circular reasoning, since you are trying to convince us that God exists by starting with "God exists". At the same time, you are simply appealling to pity. Your faux position of assumed superiority will get you nowhere if you havent actually established the underlying propositions to be true. Do you know why we won't listen to you when you inform us you will pray for us, and you love us, and God loves us? The reason we will not listen to you is because you praying for us or loving us will not affect the existence or lack thereof of God. You must establish that proposition as true from the outset. If you actually managed that, there would be no need to try and appeal to pity by asserting that God loves us. Secondly, you sound arrogant not only because of your presumed superiority, as indicated by your superlicious and condesending attitude, but also because you have this attitude despite the fact that your position is not rationally derived. You simply hold these propositions which tell you to act in this manner as true, and then act upon them despite the fact that you haven't established them as true. If you actually had something substantial to contribute, you would have no need of appeals to pity and fear.

Quote:

I'm going to check this daily and if you ever need something i intend to prove that to you simply leave a post describing the problem and an email address i will contact you so i can help.

Again with this Christian arrogance! You assume that somehow we "need help" and that we would contact you for it. Let me repeat this in a manner so simple that even your dim-witted low-powered light bulb of a brain can grasp it: We do not care how much you love us, pray for us, tout scripture, appeal to pity, appeal to spite, or attempt to assert your own superiority. We only care that you can come on here and defend your propositions and beliefs about the nature of reality by proper argumentative discourse. At present, I would estimate your esteem here to be at a very negative value. If you wish to correct that in any way, let us see how resilient you are when your underlying epistemological beliefs are put to the test. I'll even start a betting pool to see how long you last. I give you 5 minutes before you are shot to pieces by people who have been arguing in the God debate for years.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism