Oh dear.

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh dear.

Just now (3:27 Central Time, June 30, 2007), I was coming to this site and the live feed was on, and I clicked for the mute button and accidentally hit the "flag as offensive" button. The person talking was like, "woah, I was just flagged as offensive by the user." Just to let you know, I was not flagging you as offensive! I am so embarrassed. 

(this also probably does not deserve a thread) 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What flag as offensive

What flag as offensive button?

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
What flag as offensive button?

its the little red flag right under the green speaker(mute button). Its greyed out right now becuase its not live right now.

EDIT: I"m talking about the block labeled "rational marathon now!" btw. 

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
I have almost hit that

I have almost hit that button a few times myself by mistake.

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
oh dear

I remember the very first time I went into the RRS chat room.  I accidently flagged another vid. member.  I tried to find a way to undo it but couldn't.  Ever since then I have real careful not to accidently click on it.  Mistakes happen the important thing is to try to let the person know you didn't mean to if you know how to LOL. 

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hit it because I was

I hit it because I was looking for the off button.

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Hehehe, too funny!

Hehehe, too funny! Hopefully the person speaking saw this. I'm sure it happens more than people would like to admit.

If you're a Firefox user you might check out the FlashBlock extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

It blocks Flash objects from loading until you click on it, so you only see it if you actually want to. I mainly got it because of the really annoying (and loud) Flash banner ads that are becoming so popular, but I found it to be a saving grace for this same thing. I often have about 5 or more tabs open for this site, and I can't imagine them all playing the feed.