Brian Sapient on MN1.com (interview done).

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Brian Sapient on MN1.com (interview done).

As you may have heard I appeared on the Laura Ingraham show yesterday to speak about The Blasphemy Challenge and the Rational Response Squad. I thought it went as well as can be expected, but I've been refueled by all the people who have commented on how unfairly my point of view was treated on the show. You may not know but I was consistently muted throughout the entire broadcast. As a result of my appearance on her show a listener of her broadcast contacted me to do an interview today at 5pm est on his internet TV broadcast.

Saul Albom is a host of a program on MN1.com, likely the only internet TV show that deals with the world of business and the stock market. He was disheartened by the way I was treated on the show. As he puts it, "You were treated unfairly, belittled, and there was too much of an attack on you. I lost a lot of respect for Ingraham in that interview, and I want to have you on my show to discuss the issues that should've been given a chance at real intellectual discourse."

I'm glad that there are people like Saul out there, and I encourage you to tune in to his show at 5pm est today at MN1.com. He plans on allowing this conversation to take place in a very open manner and his producers are planning on allowing as many viewpoints as possible a chance to get on the air with me (even people who agree with RRS). One focus will be the issue of what the business world would be like in an atheistic society, which admittedly isn't a concept I'm very well versed in, likely because that world seems so far away so I haven't thought much about it. You are encouraged to call in especially if you have any thoughts in the specific afforementioned area.

TUNE IN AT: MN1.com at 5pm est.

Call in if you want at: 1-866-495-4122

Saul is a stockbroker and should you be interested in working with him on your portfolio you can contact him through this site.

Download that Laura Ingraham interview here.

Here's Penn Jilette talking about our Blasphemy Challenge (of course he's a supporter). DOWNLOAD 4 mins

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I'll be prerecording an

I'll be prerecording an interview with an FM talk radio station in Utah at 7pm est.  The story will air sometime between 9pm-2am est and will stream on their website. http://nightside.ksl.com

The final story will likely air around 10:20 EST and we'll be listening together in the stickam room as well as recording the finished segment for your later download. 

You can hear my side of the interview (but not theirs) from our webcam room at 7pm est.

This interview is also due to the Laura Ingraham interview, the hosts are theistic.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great news! Good to see the

Great news! Good to see the Ingraham show paying off.

If you want to get an idea of what an atheistic business world would be like, just look at most European countries today. I'm not aware of actual stats on religion, but the ones that are most atheistic also tend to have the highest standard of living. USA is an oddball. Most of the top successful countries today are largely atheistic. The biggest threat these countries seem to face is religious terrorism and immigration of religious fanatics.

Heh, you might even make a comment like, "If we look at the trend in Europe and see how successful they are, imagine how much MORE successful America would be today if it weren't religious." That's not really a sound argument, but hey, it could start an interesting conversation. 

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:
One focus will be the issue of what the business world would be like in an atheistic society, which admittedly isn't a concept I'm very well versed in, likely because that world seems so far away so I haven't thought much about it.

They are already referring to you as an atheist stock market expert

(The guy on before your interview).

edit:  not only that, they are already making fun of the idea of an atheist expert in their field. 

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Saul was super nice.  He

Saul was super nice.  He let you speak even if the show got cut short(?) .  You did a nice job, Sapient.Laughing

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
Saul was super nice. He let you speak even if the show got cut short(?) . You did a nice job, Sapient.Laughing

Saul was extreemly gracious. I do have to say this about any givien sitiuation though. And whe Steven Cobert first started his own show he seemed a bit nervous. Saul seemed quite a bit nervous which in reality had nothing to do with his stock market knowlege. I dont know if it was the topic or what.

When you present yourself in anything in life confidence certainly doesnt prove wright or wrong, it certainly sells better. Bush's efective "confidence" marketing sold a bunch of people a lie.

Saul is a genuine human. He put himself out there at the risk of his own. He allowed a dissenting view and he allowed people to see him without his media makeup on.

TO SAUL, THANK YOU!  You were a breath of fresh air in the McDonnalds media we live in. Thank you for giving Sapiant a voice.

Now, could you tell me how to turn my pocket change into a goldmine? 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote: Great news!

natural wrote:

Great news! Good to see the Ingraham show paying off.

If you want to get an idea of what an atheistic business world would be like, just look at most European countries today. I'm not aware of actual stats on religion, but the ones that are most atheistic also tend to have the highest standard of living. USA is an oddball. Most of the top successful countries today are largely atheistic. The biggest threat these countries seem to face is religious terrorism and immigration of religious fanatics.

Heh, you might even make a comment like, "If we look at the trend in Europe and see how successful they are, imagine how much MORE successful America would be today if it weren't religious." That's not really a sound argument, but hey, it could start an interesting conversation.

The reason the USA is the only oddball country with a high standard of living has nothing to do with religion, rather we were the only major country with our industrial base intact after WWII. It gave us a great advantage for many years but that is quickly slipping away. China, a communist nation, is expected to pass us soon.  

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

PutBoy
User is offlineOffline
Did somebody record this?

Did somebody record this?

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to download it.

I would like to download it.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MN1, KSLNightside, and CFRB

MN1, KSLNightside, and CFRB appearances will all be available for download.  Just give me some time to process and put it up.  We were also on Roanoke NBC news tonight (actually airs in a few minutes from this post), we should have video of that up within 48 hours as well.  (no video of the squad itself)

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Here is the show for

Here is the link for download for the show listed in the first post of this thread: http://www.briansapient.com/media/SapientonMN1.mp3

Here is the link for the LDS owned radio station in Utah interview: http://www.briansapient.com/media/SapientonKSL.mp3

Here is the link to download my interview on Torontos largest talk radio station:

http://www.briansapient.com/media/Sapientoncfrb.mp3

Check the footer at the bottom of every page of the site for all the links.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just recently listened to

I just recently listened to this one myself, and let me just say that Saul is the man. Not only was he a gracious host, I've spent a few hours going over his site, and this guys knows his stuff when it comes to investing. I will definitely be using him as a resource in the future as I move around my 401K and buy stocks. I love when people understand and support my position, and I love it even more when then can make me money Laughing out loud

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.