Guest suggestion

blackmath
User is offlineOffline
Guest suggestion

You've got to get this guy on the show. He's very angry and full of himself and makes dramatic videos consisting of lists of black-or-white, either-with-me-or-against-me style statements. Punctuated by periods. Lots of emphatic periods.

Watch his movies, you won't be disappointed, they're gold.

Sorry if you've seen this before but I couldn't find a forum search function to check (where is it ?).

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't go to YouTube right

I can't go to YouTube right now. Is he an atheist or a theist?

blackmath
User is offlineOffline
He's a full-on young earth

He's a full-on young earth creationist

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll take that as

We should get him to come to this forum before thinking about getting him on the show. Ya know?

blackmath
User is offlineOffline
Good idea. I'm beginning to

Good idea.

I'm beginning to think he may be a hoaxer because of the way he talks, it's just a bit overacted. Also there's something going on with his ratings; all 5 stars, voting closed, all positive comments. 

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theist. He seems rational to

Theist. He seems rational to the theists, they praise him and his intelligence, it would be cool to see RRS exposing him.Smiling

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
blackmath wrote: Sorry if

blackmath wrote:

Sorry if you've seen this before but I couldn't find a forum search function to check (where is it ?).

Hi blackmath.

Due to the incredible amount of traffic on the site, we cannot offer a search function to everyone.

The search function, however, is a perk of being a member.  Check out the information on the Home Page, about half-way down. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's a thread here that

There's a thread here that I started about this guy. I posted an entire discussion between him and I in Talking to Theists (co-authored by myself and Maragon). here's the full post.

I think he's legit, and legitimately insane.

blackmath
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada - thankyou

BenfromCanada - thankyou that's a very entertaining thread! I see this guy is already quite famous.

A lot of the arguments go around in circles and I think part of the problem is that some issues are just plain silly. For example, all this outside and inside of time nonsense. It's rather like debating whether an orange is dogside or catside of a hexagon.

Certainly questions about the origin of the universe are not best answered by arrogant young earth creationists who can't be bothered to study what goes on outside their church community let alone the actual universe we live in, and who seem almost proud of their ignorance. They have that supercilious air "I already have the answer, I took a short cut and it led to god".

Sorry that was a bit of rant wasn't it! 

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
blackmath

blackmath wrote:

BenfromCanada - thankyou that's a very entertaining thread! I see this guy is already quite famous.

A lot of the arguments go around in circles and I think part of the problem is that some issues are just plain silly. For example, all this outside and inside of time nonsense. It's rather like debating whether an orange is dogside or catside of a hexagon.

Certainly questions about the origin of the universe are not best answered by arrogant young earth creationists who can't be bothered to study what goes on outside their church community let alone the actual universe we live in, and who seem almost proud of their ignorance. They have that supercilious air "I already have the answer, I took a short cut and it led to god".

Sorry that was a bit of rant wasn't it!

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Frankly, a verbal debate would probably be good for this guy.