Talking to the Dead

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Talking to the Dead

I started this thread to discuss people that say they can talk to the dead - and have their own TV or radio show. Believing that they actually talk to the dead (rather than obtaining information surrepticiously and that they don't show the misses) is definitely irrational. They even make audience members sign a paper that they talk about anything the "psychic" (or whatever) got wrong. Anyone who really believes this bullshit needs their head examined!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I was just thinking about

I was just thinking about that guy that used to be on the sci-fi channel. Crossing Over with John Edwards. In my more emotional days, I so wanted to believe this guy. (Both of my siblings are gone). That's why shows like this suck balls. They totally play on the emotions of the grief-stricken. I mean, how low can someone get?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Does anyone remember the

Does anyone remember the episode of South Park where he won the "Biggest Douche in the Universe" award?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
That episode ranks up there

That episode ranks up there in my top 5 ever.

Right up there with the Succubus, where we first hear Chef's dad's stories about the Loch Ness Monster.

Those psychic douches are right up there with the faith healer douches, but I despise the faith healers much more. Most of the time, the mediums just say something like, "Hey, little Timmy, your grandad says he's happy and you should work hard in school." It's a lie, but at least it's an encouraging lie. Those fuckers who rake in all the money and tell people they will get healed if they only have enough faith, and if they have faith, they ought to demonstrate it by writing a big fattie of a check...

Ironically, it's mostly Christians who make me wish there was a hell.

Wait for it...

(apologist: Those guys aren't TRUE christians because they don't practice what the bible REALLY says.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They always have an excuse

They always have an excuse for everything. Shocked

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know it's annoying and

I know it's annoying and insulting, but one of my favorite things to do when debating a particularly annoying apologist is to answer for him. I used to be a Christian, so I know ALL the arguments (even though I forget some of them sometimes). It's so easy to just finish out an argument and leave no ground to run to. What's funny is that apologists take offense at that and say something like, "Oh, so you're going to be a smart ass, are you? Well, if you're going to assume what I was going to say, you don't need me to say anything because you obviously know it all."

The correct response (if they're still listening) is, "Actually, yes. I know all the arguments, and I've just refuted them. Do you have another, or do I win?"

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism