The Evidence Bible

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
The Evidence Bible

When I had my debate with Todd Friel on his show, he send he would send me The Evidence Bible (which was written by Ray Comfort), along with some other stuff for free, which I thought was very nice of him. I'm actually looking forward to reading the book, and will keep an open-mind. I know there are some Christians out there who are very closed-minded, so I don't want to be like them.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has read it, and if so what were your thoughts?

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
You don't want to be a

You don't want to be a Christian with a closed mind = You don't want to be like Ray Comfort.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't read it, but I

I haven't read it, but I know Comfort's apologetics. You will quickly see that when Ray Comfort says 'evidence', he doesn't really mean objective evidence, he means 'the evidence of our senses', which really means 'the inherent bias of humans to believe logical fallacies', which Stephen Colbert calls 'truthiness', and which I call 'intuition'. The 'gut feeling' that something is true, even when you haven't seen any evidence that it is.

Essentially, he will say that faith is a form of evidence.

When you hear an inspiring story that just FEELS like it must be true, that's the 'evidence' Comfort is talking about.

He will say that when you look at the world around us, you just KNOW it is designed. That feeling, he calls evidence. He will further go on to say that this feeling is 100% absolute scientific proof that the universe was designed. The painting proves the painter, after all, doesn't it?

To put it in fewer words: Comfort is full of shit. 

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!