I AM the Proof of ... Something!

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM the Proof of ... Something!

You're right that "the Holy Spirit" is wrong as imagined by Christianity ... some sort of supernatural lap-dog to the long-dead Creator (or whatever).

But I am alive today by the force of human will ... you might call it 'Spirit' (an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms), Holy in each human's name.

Lynette1977
Lynette1977's picture
User is offlineOffline
What ... exactly... is that?

What ... exactly... is that? Become an ordained humanist clergy member? Eh? What kind of theist are you, anyway?

Flemming Rose: “When [christians] say you are not showing respect, I would say: you are not asking for my respect, you are asking for my submission….”

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
The only thing you are proof

The only thing you are proof of, is you exist, and have existed. Nothing more, nothing less.

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lynette1977 wrote: What ...

Lynette1977 wrote:
What ... exactly... is that? Become an ordained humanist clergy member? Eh? What kind of theist are you, anyway?
It's the fact that you don't know what it is until you decide. (I lost track of the context ... 'To which "that" are you referring?&#39Eye-wink

You could call me an Einsteinian Theist ... a follower of "der Depperte" (which is what his parents called him): "We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how.... That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arrayed and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws."

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
MythMan_J wrote: You're

MythMan_J wrote:

You're right that "the Holy Spirit" is wrong as imagined by Christianity ... some sort of supernatural lap-dog to the long-dead Creator (or whatever).

But I am alive today by the force of human will ... you might call it 'Spirit' (an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms), Holy in each human's name.

Please present your evidence for the existence of "human will" or "spirit."  You might also want to show the specific mechanism by which it makes life possible.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: The only

James Cizuz wrote:
The only thing you are proof of, is you exist, and have existed. Nothing more, nothing less.
Okay ... that I do so in spite of all the scientific analysis that states that I had ceased to exist; THAT is the proof of the power I'm talking about, the power to CHOOSE to exist.  

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote: MythMan_J

Tilberian wrote:
MythMan_J wrote:

Holy in each human's name.

Please present your evidence for the existence of "human will" or "spirit." You might also want to show the specific mechanism by which it makes life possible.

You (nicely) command that I give evidence (because you are human ... a machine would not do that unless programmed to do so by a human, and a 'God' would not do that as a) It would already have all the proof it needs, and b) It doesn't care.)

By your will, I am compelled to answer ... but not as a machine or a God would, rather as a human does; Open your eyes; or Not. There it is ... if you didn't see it; you chose not to look.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm rather sick of wasting

I'm rather sick of wasting my time attempting to make sense of incoherant and delusional posts from this guy. Makes bodhitharta look like an average person. So I'm not going to waste my time on him anymore. He's been completely ripped apart and just sticks around trying to have fun being stupid. I have better things to do than make that possible.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: IMakes

Vastet wrote:
IMakes bodhitharta look like an average person.

Impossible 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mythman_J, you're trolling

Mythman_J, you're trolling again.  You are posting things that are incoherant.  Perhaps you're attempting to be humorous, but it's not working.

You are capabie of posting intelligibly and even amusingly.

Please use that capability and don't waste our time.  Trolling is against forum rules and you know it.

Consider this your second warning.   

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Mythman_J,

Susan wrote:

Mythman_J, you're trolling again. You are posting things that are incoherant. Perhaps you're attempting to be humorous, but it's not working.

Susan, I'm sure I've stated several times that I refuse to limit myself to rational discussion. You might think it sacrelige here (or sacrosanct, or some other word for 'outside the magic reading-circle' Laughing), but my original post here states that I am beyond-reason (in so many words).

Since I am a "Theist," 'rationality' is not my responsibility here (according to your interpretation of Theism). Rationality is your 'tool' to apply to the ramblings of us Theists.

Susan wrote:

You are capabie of posting intelligibly and even amusingly.

Is that anything like your capabiiity of re-reading and spelling?
Susan wrote:

Please use that capability and don't waste our time. Trolling is against forum rules and you know it.

Is my will-power so devastatingly undeniable that you must read and re-read each and every one of my laboriously recalled and in-put words, no matter how importantly asinine or inspirationally meaningless each may or may not be? Wow ... feed my lambsInnocent.

You'll notice I don't even care to remember what "trolling" is ... I could find out; but Why?

And what did this have to do with my near-death experience?

Susan wrote:

Consider this your second warning.

Always did.

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: I'm rather

Vastet wrote:
I'm rather sick of wasting my time attempting to make sense of incoherant and delusional posts from this guy.
God is not coherent; why do you expect me to be?
Vastet wrote:
So I'm not going to waste my time on him anymore.
One of these days, you will have said that enough to actually go through with it.
Vastet wrote:
He's been completely ripped apart and just sticks around trying to have fun being stupid.
If you think I'm ripped apart now, you ought to see the pictures of me in the hospital-bed during the coma (although you probably wouldn't believe it's me ... you would think it were some sicko plastique papier-mache photographed through a translucent ping-pong ball).
Vastet wrote:
I have better things to do than make that possible.
... And Vastet closes His eyes, and the world is in darkness ...

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kids, this is why drugs are

Kids, this is why drugs are bad. mmmkay?

You'll go to websites and post shit that even you don't understand.

Under the guise of sympathy seeking, your own irrational behavior will prompt others to act in opposition toward you.

You'll have no one to blame when people simply can't tolerate another word that spews from your mouth like oral dysentery.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Fo Shizzle my nizzle! Lol!!!

Fo Shizzle my nizzle! Lol!!!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
MythMan_J wrote: You'll

MythMan_J wrote:

You'll notice I don't even care to remember what "trolling" is ... I could find out; but Why?

MythMan_J is now banned from the forums for trolling. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, so a serious question

Okay, so a serious question here, mythman. Do you believe in a God or Goddess or godlike being? And if you do, what is your basic religious structure? I am curious

**edit**okay... well, I am blind and didn't read that last post about him being banned,... so uhm... nevermind... my bad

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Good. I just asked for that

Good. I just asked for that under Trollville. All he did was Troll.