Do You Visit the RRS from Work?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do You Visit the RRS from Work?

I'm taking a vacation day today, so I thought it would be a good time to get caught up on my RRS forums.

I'm surprised at how many posts have been made while I've been logged on during the work day.

Many sites are blocked from my work computer.  This includes "Sports" "Religion" "Living and Lifestyles" "Celebrities", etc.  (I can, of course, access the sites for the National Association of Securities Dealers and the IRS!)

Am I the only one who cannot access sites like this from my Day Job? 

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I work from home, so I do

I work from home, so I do both simultaneously.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I surf RRS from work. Of

I surf RRS from work.

Of course, I work out of a studio in my home, so I don't think I count Smiling

I imagine there are a lot of students that post here.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Am I the only

Susan wrote:

Yes.

Most of my posts were written from work...

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I surf RRS at work and home.

I surf RRS at work and home.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  I'd never get any

Wow.  I'd never get any work done.

I've been sitting here for a little over 4 hours doing nothing but reading and posting.  Of course, I'm playing catch-up from the past two days... 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I surf from work and home,

I surf from work and home, but our internet connection was down today at work.  Boy, did I get a lot of work done!   Hmmmmm.....addicted?  Nah!

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Only during my lunch break

Only during my lunch break or if it's a particularly slow day/moment.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, it seems a lot of

Wow, it seems a lot of atheists work at home.  Most of my day posts are done when I could be doing something constructive like Profit & Loss Reports.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Wow, it

Hambydammit wrote:

Wow, it seems a lot of atheists work at home.

As Laura Ingraham would say "Why don't you just get a real job?"

Listen to us tear Laura Ingraham a new asshole on Friday April 13th or subscribe to shows 41-60.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Hambydammit

Sapient wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Listen to us tear Laura Ingraham a new asshole on Friday April 13th or subscribe to shows 41-60.

Friday the 13th, her unlucky day. Wink

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: Susan

todangst wrote:
Susan wrote:

Yes.

Most of my posts were written from work...

I'm curious, where do you work.

Nothing specific, just a general idea. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Presidential Atheist
User is offlineOffline
  I get on during both

I get on during both work and school. I'm very surprised that it hasn't been firewalled at school though - practically everything else has.

Now, not to get anyone fired, but if you absolutely needed to feed an addiction to the RRS website there are a multitude of free proxy servers available out there. 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I primarily access the site

I primarily access the site from work (obviously not now, of course). I work in finance for a huge and tend to have a lot of down time. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I

pariahjane wrote:
I primarily access the site from work (obviously not now, of course). I work in finance for a huge and tend to have a lot of down time.

I surf from work once in a while.  I haven't had a lot of time lately but I can get to any site at this point time. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The internet is blocked

The internet is blocked where I work and even if it wasn't, going online is automatic termination. By the way, the show pwning Laura Ingraham (aka that Retarded Cunt) was fucking great!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I actually ONLY go on RRS

I actually ONLY go on RRS at work ... I work so much that when I'm out of the office, I'm usually trying to, you know, not be on the computer.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: The

MattShizzle wrote:
The internet is blocked where I work and even if it wasn't, going online is automatic termination. By the way, the show pwning Laura Ingraham (aka that Retarded Cunt) was fucking great!

That was how my old job was.  People watch movies on their computers around here.  It's kind of ridiculous.

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane

pariahjane wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

That was how my old job was.  People watch movies on their computers around here.  It's kind of ridiculous.

If I didn't have googlevideo and youtube, I wouldn't get through work ... after the Stephanie Miller show end at 12, I watch documentaries on the google - Yesterday was Kent Hovind day - hilarious ...

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

If I didn't have googlevideo and youtube, I wouldn't get through work ... after the Stephanie Miller show end at 12, I watch documentaries on the google - Yesterday was Kent Hovind day - hilarious ...

When I first started working here, I felt really guilty about surfing the net.  Now I'm just bored.  lol. That's why I'm on here all day long.  I'm really only busy for about one week every month.  It's terrible. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: When I

pariahjane wrote:

When I first started working here, I felt really guilty about surfing the net. Now I'm just bored. lol. That's why I'm on here all day long. I'm really only busy for about one week every month. It's terrible.

I'm obviously in the wrong line of work!  (Sometimes I feel guilty about taking a vacation day.) 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Approx 99% of the posts I've

Approx 99% of the posts I've made have been from work. Eye-wink

Though most good sites are indeed blocked here. I think they just have monkeys working on the whole thing. I can't access the odd news site just because it has gaming elements. You tube died after every major gaming magazine site on the net. And myspace still works for some reason. Go figure.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I usually don't have time

I usually don't have time at work to browse the internet. I havent' tried this site at work. We have a tech guy that monitors online activity. Seeing how I work at a fairly conservative school, I haven't dared to go to this site.

I clicked on a link to a liberatrian site called "Radio Free Liberty" and I got to the don't go passed the filter sign, and if I continued to do so, I could face consequences. Weird, eh?

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Hambydammit

Sapient wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Listened. Read my review in the Rational Response Squad show forum! 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a 'hurry up and then

I have a 'hurry up and then wait' kind of job. Most of my time at work is spent waiting for something to break or preventing it from breaking. So, a lot of my reading and some posting is done from work.

There was talk of making some sites inaccessible from work. That almost earned the IT chick a one-way ticket to writing application code somewhere else. lol. 

This week however, I have worked 57 of the past 72 hours. Sleep took precedence over y'all and limited by anti-easter campaign plans.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.