Convert in the bible belt

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Convert in the bible belt

Hello! I am new to this site and have enjoyed reading several different threads. I work with a couple of people who are also on this site and are very good about keeping me informed on issues. One of my personal hotpoints is separation of church and state. Another is book banning. Either of those two issues will send me off like a loaded gun....as my friends are already aware.

Thank you Rational Responders for providing a haven to free thinkers!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
WELCOME!! Actually I am one

WELCOME!!

Actually I am one of the "co-workers" but I also thought I would be the first to welcome you. 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the message

Welcome to the message board, jce. Glad you liked the threads! Smile

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
.... What if they ban a

.... What if they ban a book in favour of separation of church and state? Smiling

Velkumme! 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funny!  I would like to

Funny!  I would like to see them try! 

The list of books they try to ban is astounding and I am surprised they haven't put at least one book on the list encouraging secularism.  I truly love it when the bible makes the list.  The bible and Harry Potter...whoda thunk they'd be on the same list?!

ATOMIC SKUNK
ATOMIC SKUNK's picture
User is offlineOffline
JCE, glad to see you on

JCE, glad to see you on board....You're one cool chickCool

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: .... What if they

Quote:
.... What if they ban a book in favour of separation of church and state? Smiling

If it was the case of the Bible, I'd be willing to make an exception just this once.

Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi jce!  Welcome. You work

Hi jce!  Welcome.

You work with a couple of folks that post here?  You get to work with Atheists/Agnostics?

I can only fantasize....... 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am one and I will let the

I am one and I will let the other reveal himself.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Susan and thank you for

Hi Susan and thank you for the welcome!

Yes, I do get to work with both BGH and Atomic Skunk.   We have weekly meeting in a broom closet.  BGH brings a bible, Atomic Skunk brings a cross, gasoline and lighter and I bring cookies.  We start the meetings with BGH reading from the bible while we laugh hysterically then Atomic Skunk burns a cross while we chant "Atheists Rule", and after that I administer the holy cookies which represent, well, cookies so we all get to leave with a warm fuzzy feeling in our tummies.  Ok, I am only joking about the cross burning...the company has hazardous materials and would blow to kingdom come if we did that so we just lob spit-balls at it.

Actually, it is really nice to have those guys around.  I have an advantage over them of having always felt like an outcast since I was raised lutheran in an area that is 90% catholic.  It was pretty much drilled into my head to "shut up with the questions already" when it came to religion so I feel fortunate to have friends with which I can discuss these issues.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Makes me want to send a

Makes me want to send a resume!