Dipping a Toe in the Water

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dipping a Toe in the Water

Hi all ... newcomer here!

I can't remember a time when I believed in a god. I'm usually pretty quiet about it, except to good friends and family. Perhaps it's a sign of my expanding feeling of freedom that I'm willing to step a toe out of the closet by posting here. Eye-wink

I worked in the computer field for fifteen years. After a layoff and a few other crises in my life, I sold most of my things, bought an RV, and have been traveling for the last two and a half years. I'm creating a new life as an artist, and I feel freer, more creative, and more full of joy than at any time in my life.

I share my journey with a retired greyhound and four Italian greyhounds (three of whom are rescues). I help dog rescue groups whenever I can, and often donate my work to support them.

I'm glad to be here, and hope to find many interesting and thoughtful conversations. Smiling

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Welcome...I've always wanted

Welcome...I've always wanted to just jump in the car and drive and see where i land. i would love to have an RV and just travel without direction.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Hey GreyhoundMama!

Welcome.  It's terrific to have another hard-core animal lover (and rescuer!) here on the forums.

An aside:  My massage therapist has two rescued Italian greyhounds, one of which lays on my legs during my massage.  The other is a more recent rescue from 5 years of giving birth to litter after litter in a cage and isn't yet brave enough to get up on the massage table.  We're working on it!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.