Potential lawsuit is coming to sue this site owner (edit)

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Potential lawsuit is coming to sue this site owner (edit)

[RRS EDIT: This site is on the proposed docket to be sued for libel, possibly with a conglomeration of atheists who have been libeled. The site is not granted mention on this website so as not to increase it's google page rank]

*sets the site on fire*

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ugh! Frank Walton...

Ugh! Frank Walton...

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You're all as fascist as Nazis................

Says the creator and his buddies on this site: [RRS EDIT: This site is on the proposed docket to be sued for libel, possibly with a conglomeration of atheists who have been libeled. The site is not granted mention on this website so as not to increase it's google page rank]

[Mod Edit: first post of "You're all as fascist as Nazis................"] 

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle

FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle wrote:
[RRS EDIT: This site is on the proposed docket to be sued for libel, possibly with a conglomeration of atheists who have been libeled. The site is not granted mention on this website so as not to increase it's google page rank]sets the site on fire*

Bring it on, I'm not afraid of fans of fiction.

"We're gonna kick your butts in debate"

Keep think that atheism,sucks.crapywebsite//afraidofreality.blogcrap.com

Christians hate atheists? CALL CNN! On second thought, dont,they are full of bias bigotry too. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suppose we probably look

I suppose we probably look the same to them, but their attempts at sattire seem vainly childish.  Maybe it's the product of grasping at straws.

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw their site. It is

I saw their site. It is quite pathetic

Firstly, the name is childish, crude and unecessary

second, on their site, all they did was complain and lambast us. They shouted and spewed, but there was no argument, no attempt to debunk our arguments. That is what makes us different. We admit theists onto the site, we debate and discourse, we don't scream and shout.

These people are just overgrown bearded children 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
How about this, from one of

How about this, from one of their posts attacking Dawkins on the basis that he has few recent publications in peer reviewed journals:

If any of the Atheism Sucks people are scientists or have a science background, perhaps they could look up Dawkins’ academic record on the science databases that are accessible through university libraries.

Not bloody likely.

Thandarr 

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
They are idiots, friggin'

They are idiots, friggin' pseudo-intellectuals, I almost flipped looking at the site but I did say one thing to frank walton that theism is a mental disorder (I was pretty mad then lol) but I also added in being a university graduate apparently doesn't bring common sense or something like that lol.....it obviously doesn't for some people.

Quote:

---George Carlin---

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You know of or have heard of

You know of or have heard of him before?

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I wanted to be an ass and

I wanted to be an ass and just curse all of them out and call them idiots and some more things, they posted something on their site about um I guess it a christian version  of RRS's blasphemy challenge. I didn't care to look at it at the time. *thumbs down* RRS especially Sapient would own their culos lol.

And I totally hate CNN too, almost as much as FOX. 

Quote:

---George Carlin---

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It really is childish but

It really is childish but they try to sound all smart and w/e.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Check this one out

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle

FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle wrote:
You know of or have heard of him before?

Yes, we've been compiling information to sue the pants off of him for quite sometime.  We have his address and phone number, we're simply looking for the time and the volunteer lawyer.  There are plenty of punitive damages waiting for us.

AL
User is offlineOffline
Hey, can someone PM me the

Hey, can someone PM me the URL for the site the OP is talking about?  I'm pretty sure a link in PM will not bump up its google rank, and I'm curious to see this site.

The ad hom at Dawkins doesn't really tell us that Dawkins is wrong.  I'm almost certain there's gotta be a silly argument on there about how Francis Collins is a great scientist, therefore his theism must be correct.  Tongue out

If atheism is a religion, why am I paying taxes?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
AL wrote: Hey, can someone

AL wrote:

Hey, can someone PM me the URL for the site the OP is talking about?

Done. (a google search would've yielded your answer)

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Oh, i was confused for a

Oh, i was confused for a while. I was thinking a lawsuit was being made against Sapient >8-O

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(using Butthead's

(using Butthead's voice):

What a dork.

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
The Turnip Rule

I suspect a lawsuit would not be worth the trouble.  There is a revered old principle of common law called the Turnip Rule. You can't get blood out of a turnip.  If they've got some assets, by all means consider going forward.  But if not, you get to spend a whole lot of money (even with a volunteer lawyer someone still has to foot the costs of depositions, expert witnesses, gathering and preserving evidence, etc.) to get a nice judgment you can hang up on your wall.

Thandarr 

AL
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that site was really

Wow, that site was really bad.  Ad homs against Dawkins without addressing the substance of Dawkins' claims.  Moreover, the guy claimed Dawkins only picks on easy theistic arguments, and doesn't "tackle the very intellectual arguments for theism and Christianity...because he can't: it's way too difficult for him and he knows it."  So obviously, we're wondering what these "very intellectual arguments" are, and (surprise, surprise!) he doesn't say.

Anyway, thanks for the link Sapient.

If atheism is a religion, why am I paying taxes?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Thandarr wrote: I suspect

Thandarr wrote:

I suspect a lawsuit would not be worth the trouble. There is a revered old principle of common law called the Turnip Rule. You can't get blood out of a turnip. If they've got some assets, by all means consider going forward. But if not, you get to spend a whole lot of money (even with a volunteer lawyer someone still has to foot the costs of depositions, expert witnesses, gathering and preserving evidence, etc.) to get a nice judgment you can hang up on your wall.

Thandarr

Yes, agreed.  If someday it comes up that we never went through with the lawsuit, it'll be for the above reasons.  We haven't even spoken to a lawyer yet, let alone found one, so we're not sure what can be done.  We are not as interested in the money as in making a statement that we are not to be libeled.  In the future we'd refer future dishonest hacks to our judgement so they can see what we're willing to do when you make dishonest attacks against our character.

Ideally several of the many other prominent atheists who have been libeled by Frank will join us in our suit, and help foot the bill.  It all takes time, time that we'd rather spend on other projects, in the grand scheme of things, Frank is a nobody.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
He has another site on

He has another site on geocities just as bad...... post it? >:-/

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
LOL awesome.

LOL awesome.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
you're talking to me YAY

you're talking to me YAY lol.

sweet thought, sue him......he's is the epitomer of a douche.

Quote:

---George Carlin---