New guy here.

AL
User is offlineOffline
New guy here.

Hi all,

Couldn't find the standard stickied "Introduce Yourself" thread you find on other forums, so I'll just make one to introduce myself.  Wink

My name is Andrew, although feel free to address me by my screenname AL, which is much shorter.  I'm a postbac premed student with a bachelor's in mathematics and economics. 

My philosophical interests are in consciousness (classic dualism vs. monism debate I hope to take part in when I have time), religious epistemology (why do people consider faith a valid/useful knowledge tool?) , and philosophy of logic, which is always fun.

I lurk more often than I post, since I like to hear what others have to say, but I'll try my best to offer useful comments as I see fit.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good fight against uncritical credulity!

Regards,

AL 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the board, AL!

Welcome to the board, AL! Smiling

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Al!  Welcome to the

Hey Al!  Welcome to the forums.  With your background, you'll be a great addition to the discussions.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site AL

Welcome to the site AL

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism