Ex-Muslim saying Hello

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ex-Muslim saying Hello

Hello to all.

I am known as Blind_Man, and I would like to properly introduce yourself.

I am an Ex-Muslim (of four years) and have found this site thru a good friend. 

I don't believe in Allah, Shaytan, Ol'Rasool, or any others, such as Jibreel.

As with many Ex-Religious people, I became an Apostate after reading the Holy Book of my faith. (In my case, the Qu'ran and alot of Hadith).

As my name implies, I also have horrible eyesight. If you've seen my BC, then you can tell quite clearly.

I'd like to say that I am happy to add content to this site, and hope to help other Ex-Muslims, or Muslims thinking of leaving Islam.

I would like to end, with a few lovely Hadith:

Tabari VII 112
When a blind Jew became aware of the presence of the Messenger and the Muslims he rose and threw dust in their faces, saying, ‘Even if you are a prophet, I will not allow you into my garden!’ I was told that he took a handful of dirt and said, ‘If only I knew that I would not hit anyone else, Muhammad, I would throw it in your face.’ Sa’d rushed in and hit him on the head with his bow and split the Jew’s head open.

Sunan Abu Dawud Book 038, Number 4348
Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas: A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

Cheers,
-Blind_Man 

http://www.faithfreedom.org/ 109:6 لكم دينكم ولي دين 109:6 「貴方々には,貴方々の宗教があり,私には,私の宗教があるのである。」 109:6 "Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion."

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are most welcome here. 

You are most welcome here.  I am not sure if I've ever encountered an ex-Muslim.  It gives me hope for everyone. Smiling

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glad to meet you.  I

Glad to meet you.  I imagine we have many things to discuss.

I have several topics I would like to address (among them:  Palestine, Kashmir, Darfur, the Danish cartoons and womens rights).  Let me know if you're intersted, or if you have any issues you'd like to raise.

Take care! 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wish I were better

I wish I were better learned in the first three topics that you would lke to bring up.

Luckily, tho, I can share my views on the Jyllands-Posten catrooons, and the "Liberation of Women" under Islam.

I apologize if I have mislead anyone.

As for the cartoons, I would like to show a nice map, available from Wikipedia:

Jyllands-Posten Map of Violence

The RED areas show the places of MOST violence in response to the cartoons.

I would also like to back this map, with a quote Wafa Sultan:

"The trouble with Islam is deeply rooted in its teachings. Islam is not only a religion. Islam (is) also a political ideology that preaches violence and applies its agenda by force."

As for women:

I can only imagine that the life of a woman under Islam is ten-times worse than what I could imagine.

If I may, I would like to give a story from my local Masjid, about Vandalism in the Women's Area

I sat, listening to the prayer, about ready to leave, when a man came and stood at the pulpit.

"Brothers and Sisters," he said, "we have some terrible news that Sister [...] needs to share."

She told of vandalism in the Women's Area of the Masjid. The women got together to buy new carpets, and wallpapers to the Masjid (Notice how it was not supplied by the Men...) and to redecorate. After the carpet had been installed, someone had ripped it out and vandalized the area, during the night.

The image she gave to me still leaves an impression in my mind. As I looked around the Men's area, I comparred-and-contrasted.

-There were no Rats running on the floors.

-There were no Holes in the ceiling. (Pieces fell on Sisters, as she described it)

-There was plush carpet here, whereas none now was in the Women's Area.

"Takbir!" the imam shouted, and the crowd of men responded in kind, "Allah Akbar!" (I don't see how GOD came into this conversation, but as anyone who knows of Du'a, there are even prayers when entering and exiting the toilet.)

I got angry, hearing the Sister's story.

I know this is the commonplace for Women in Islam. Not to mention, many Qu'ranic Ayas, and Hadith where even "'Ol Rasool" tells the believing women that "this (menstration) is the reason you are deficent in Deen (Religion)."

I hope that my comments have answered any question you may have had, and pave the way for further discussion. I would be glad to discuss more, when time permits.

Cheers,

-Blind_Man

http://www.faithfreedom.org/ 109:6 لكم دينكم ولي دين 109:6 「貴方々には,貴方々の宗教があり,私には,私の宗教があるのである。」 109:6 "Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion."

Edger
User is offlineOffline
The blind man says "cheers"?

The blind man says "cheers"? Love it! Could it be Jesus in disguise?

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for chiming in

Thanks for chiming in BlindMan. More evidence that this isn't all about Christianity. I most liked your comment on why you dropped your faith, you read the manual, that's awesome.

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site,

Welcome to the site, BlindMan. Many people here are ex-christians, it's good to have an ex-muslim here too. The more ex-religious diversity we have, the better arguments we can make against theists. Interesting that you deconverted after reading the Qur'an. Not suprising either. I just completed writing a long article about Islam in todays world which I posted in the essay contest section under the

"write to someone with a theist worldview" section, it's a little off topic but it is the closest category I could find. this essay covers the issue of the cartoons, womans rights, pakistan etc and all the other issues that were mentioned.

cheers

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the board! I

Welcome to the board!

I would like to see an ex-muslim debate with the muslim that's posting on our message board (Bodhitharta).

Eye-wink

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Blind_Man.  It's

Welcome Blind_Man.  It's refreshing to have another perspective on the forums. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.

Welcome.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Blind_Man, I'd be curious as

Blind_Man, I'd be curious as to what you think we could do to get more people like yourself to come to Rational Responders.  We are heavily skewed in Christianity/western traditions, and it would be wonderful to get more influence from other backgrounds.

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

Welcome to the site, BlindMan. Many people here are ex-christians, it's good to have an ex-muslim here too. The more ex-religious diversity we have, the better arguments we can make against theists. Interesting that you deconverted after reading the Qur'an. Not suprising either. I just completed writing a long article about Islam in todays world which I posted in the essay contest section under the

"write to someone with a theist worldview" section, it's a little off topic but it is the closest category I could find. this essay covers the issue of the cartoons, womans rights, pakistan etc and all the other issues that were mentioned.

cheers

I read your article and it scared the bejesus out of me. I was already pretty spooked to begin with. I'm also grateful that even though fundamentalism has risen again within the U.S. we can still speak out against it. Yes, we are subjected to hatred, but speaking out isn't an automatic death sentence.

I'm wondering--and I hope Blind Man can weigh in on this--how can we best approach Muslim countries? I'm sure they have in-the-closet (hell, barricaded and locked in-the-closet) infidels. I'm wondering if there's something we can do to loosen the stranglehold religion has on those countries.

I was thinking this morning that something like Radio Free Europe would be cool. If only there were a way to beam something like RRS into those countries over radio band...hmmm...

Of course, we must see to the "beam" in our own eye (Christianity), but I don't see why we can't explore some ideas on helping Muslim countries.

BTW, Blind Man, we have an active Muslim posting. I am sure he will try to re-convert you. Smiling He's trying to convert us. So far, no joy. Laughing out loud

I hope you are getting an idea of how very, very welcome you are.  I don't know very much about Islam, having been steeped in fundy Christianity.  I would like to see more ex-Muslims.  Ex-everything would be great. Smiling 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Blind_Man
Blind_Man's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would have to say, give

I would have to say, give examples, just as you are doing (quite well, I may add) to the Christians.

Example: I've sat in car with a friend we picked up from Masjid, and he 'rationalized' the death penalty for Apostates. He believed that, once you see the 'truth' of Islam, Apostacy is death.

I've also talked with people, who, when pointing out VERY violent/perverse/odd Hadith, tell me bluntly "Those are weak Hadith." (Hadith have a "scoring" type system, as does everything in Islam. You get points just for THINKING to do good.)

I would definately like to help with showing some of the more 'kind' and 'merciful' sides of Hadith and Qu'ran. Look at my blog, and you will see that I am already 'guilty of blasphemy'. 

There's quite a hard problem I face: Muslims who trade one form of poison, in for Judaism/Xianity.

Now, we can replace "Qu'ran" with "Injeel (Gospels)" and "Taurah (Torah)". And replace "Hadith" with "History of Saints" and "Sanhedron". Sad

The ones who for years tauted the concepts of Tahrif ('corruption' of Injeel/Taurah, but 'preservation of Qu'ran) will now just peel these away, as if they were stickers on their new toys.

It's VERY hard to reach a fundie, or even a moderate. I'm not proud to say, when I was strong in Deen (belief), I hated my parents, and friends JUST BECAUSE they did not follow my religion... ACK.

Don't go all-out. Start with little 'instances' of 'Ol Rasool's morality or Qur'an verses, and work from them. (as example)

Remember, some people can sit in a room, and when presented with ANYTHING, spew a simpl one-liner hoping to derail you. 

Here's a great example:

Notice how many Muslims complain of Tahrif, or the corruption of the past scriptures. But, when you say something, it is immediately given the 'You MUST know Arabic!' (In this case, Classical Arabic.)

Simply ask: Do you know Biblical Hebrew? Do you know Koine Greek? Do you know Sanskrit? 

SPECIAL PLEADING...

Well, I must head out. Collegework beckons... Sad

Cheers,

-Blind_Man 

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for reading my

Thank you for reading my article Iruka. As you can imagine, I was pretty horrified as well when I learnt enough to write it.

I love the idea of a "Radio Free Middle East" modelled after "radio Free Europe". You may really be on to something.

But the biggest problem is the oil. What I called The Deathly Catalyst. As long as we are financing these nations with oil, there can be no such change. We need to stop with middle eastern oil now. It is about as ethical as buying blood daimonds. In fact, it is pretty much the same. If we did beam a radio free middle east into the Islamic countries, in theory if it was longwave there would be no way for them to stop it (they might make it illegal to own a radio, in the same way that the communists did behind the iron curtain).

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori wrote: I

Iruka Naminori wrote:

I was thinking this morning that something like Radio Free Europe would be cool. If only there were a way to beam something like RRS into those countries over radio band...hmmm...

Something like that happens all the time. There are clandestine radio stations all over the world. They go all the way back to the beginning of radio. Mostly it's governments broadcasting propaganda into the target country. An example today is Radio Marti, transmitting from the Florida Keys into Cuba. This has been going on for decades at $15 million per year, Cuba jams the transmissions.

Radio Luxembourg years ago used to transmit into the U.K.

Then there's unlicensed, aka pirate radio. People take to the airwaves for a variety of reasons, some in protest, some in community service. Trust me, part of the government propaganda into  certain places contains religion.

What you suggest is not only possible but does occur.  We just need more atheists on the air.

I can hear KOL from Israel at my home on 6973 Khz for example.

It's highly illegal and I don't recommend it. But I do encourage it. Does that make any sense? Never ever broadcast illegally, unless you really want to. 

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, I don't know of

Welcome, I don't know of many ex-muslim atheists. It is great that you would like to be apart of the forums. Maybe you could even help us out when someone brings up the holy texts, I know personally I am lacking in that area.