Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Super Bowl picks....who do you think?

Right now it is down to 4

Bears
Patriots
Saints
Colts

I think it will be the Bears and the Patriots, although I'd like to see the Saints and Colts.

Who do you think will be in the big game?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, Colbert is scared of

Well, Colbert is scared of those evil bears, so they're out.
According to Bush Sr., the only patriots are theists, so no for them.
I like horses, and my husband is a Saints fan, So I'd like to see the Saints and Colts play the Super Bowl.
Man I love my logic! Ain’t it great?!

PS any argument that the Saints are (or could be seen as a symbol for anything) religious will be thoroughly ignored, or rationalized with so many logical fallacies your head will spin.Yell

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist

Angelic_Atheist wrote:

Well, Colbert is scared of those evil bears, so they're out.
According to Bush Sr., the only patriots are theists, so no for them.
I like horses, and my husband is a Saints fan, So I'd like to see the Saints and Colts play the Super Bowl.
Man I love my logic! Ain’t it great?!

PS any argument that the Saints are (or could be seen as a symbol for anything) religious will be thoroughly ignored, or rationalized with so many logical fallacies your head will spin.Yell

I think Cobert is the Modern Nosterdamus because the number one Threat Down, "Bears" are going to win. Hopefully horsey's can beat the stuck up right wing Ann Coutler loving "Patriots" and then go on to poo poo Colbert's prediction.

But, regardless. If the Bears win the Super Bowl then the Saints player I saw today pointing to God after a touchdown is fucked.

"Thank you God for making me a millionair. I mean, world peace, famine hunger and war, I am so glad you took time out of your busy scedual to make sure a millionair was happy." 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
As Da Bears beat up on the

As Da Bears beat up on the gents from New Orleans (it started snowing midway through the second half), the NFC half of things is all set.

Waiting on the lads from Indy now...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not the Seahawks. So,

It's not the Seahawks. So, I'm indifferent to whoever wins or losses.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
So I have no idea how to

So I have no idea how to bet on this one.  Is Rex Grossman a worse choke artist than Manning?  I dunno.

On paper, the Colts ought to finally get out of the Buffalo Bill Bus, but it's hard for me to imagine them actually doing it.

It will be interesting to see what the spread is.  I'd bet it's going to put Chicago as maybe 6-8 point dogs.

It seemed to me that the Saints lost the game more than the Bears won it.  I guess it all comes down to Manning's nerves for the Super Bowl.

So... the real question... does anybody want to bet on whether or not God gets thanked at the award ceremony?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
No bets on the award

No bets on the award ceremony.

I'm sure it will be chock full of "I'd like to thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for allowing us to kick the other team's ass"

That's why when I watch the game that's all I watch. No pregame, no halftime show, no postgame. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
So long as the Colts don't

So long as the Colts don't win at this point I'm satisfied. Manning and Dungee get enough sunshine blown up their mediocre asses as it is already.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm just glad it wasn't New

I'm just glad it wasn't New England AGAIN!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:
So long as the Colts don't win at this point I'm satisfied. Manning and Dungee get enough sunshine blown up their mediocre asses as it is already.

Speak for yourself Mr! I'll have you know my x-wife arbitrarly, when we were married, named my cat after Peyton Manning. I LOVE MY  PUDDY TAT AND I LIKE HIS NAMESAKE! DEMS FIGHTEN WOYEDS!

Either that, or it's just another game. Tongue out

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
My loyalties are divided at

My loyalties are divided at present.

At present, the Colts put on an exciting, albeit inconsistent product. One never knows which team will show up.

Then again, Grossman is a native son of where I presently live and I'd like to see him do well. One never knows which Grossman will show up either.

I guess I'll just root for a decent football game.

— George Carlin

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

I guess I'll just root for a decent football game.

And I'll root for career ending injuries Eye-wink 

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think Payton Manning's a

I think Payton Manning's a prick, but he came from Mississippi, which isn't so bad.  I live in University of Georgia country, so Grossman is, well... the devil.  (If you don't know, he came from the University of Florida, and they are the one team that UGA can't seem to beat lately, and also our biggest rival.)

My loyalties are easy to figure out in this game.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOU SICKO, I BET YOU

YOU SICKO,

I BET YOU CHEERED WHEN LARANCE TALYOR BROKE JOE THEISMANS'S LEG!

Ok, Joe is a prick, but damn, even I wouldn't wish Jerry Fuckwell a broken leg! 

IT'S ONLY A GAME! 

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: YOU SICKO,

Brian37 wrote:

YOU SICKO,

I BET YOU CHEERED WHEN LARANCE TALYOR BROKE JOE THEISMANS'S LEG!

Every time I see it!

I'm hoping for more highlight reels this Bowl.